RJET 5 stopped printing no error codes - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Resolute DTG
A forum to discuss the R-Jet 4 and R-Jet 5 direct to garment printers from Resolute DTG (in the UK and US)

RJET 5 stopped printing no error codes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 27th, 2017 Dec 27, 2017 4:31:21 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default RJET 5 stopped printing no error codes

hi everyone,

I'll start with a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as is customary at this time of the year

I have a problem with my RJET 5. It stopped printing ink half way through the print job, but it did complete the job, i.e. it carried on 'printing' and then ejected the tray like it normally does. The print was done half way and then it just faded away like the printhead stopped working. I tried a few different images, but nothing at all was printed even though the printhead moved as usual and the printer thought it completed the job.

There are no error codes and the machine behaves normally, other than no ink coming out. I can do a printhead clean and white and CMYK ink are drown through the printhead to the capping station, however the little ink flushing box to the left of the capping station remains empty, whereas normally there would be ink there after each printhead clean.

Can any one help please, where do I start with this problem?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2017 Dec 28, 2017 5:13:23 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: RJET 5 stopped printing no error codes

When you do a head clean is ink being pulled trough the capping station, the spit tray next to it won't take the ink on a head clean, it mainly goes through the head down into the capping station and out to the maintenance tank.

If your capping station is giving up then you won't get good ink flow, is your nozzle check ok?

Other than that could be dampers - the capping station does need replacing after a time.

Old December 28th, 2017 Dec 28, 2017 6:01:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

hi, I don't think that's the issue, capping station is fairly new. There's plenty of ink being pulled through the printhead to the capping station, nothing in the spill box next to it though. Also when doing nozzle check there is nothing printed at all, like if the printhead was blocked, but I know it's not blocked as there's plenty of ink coming through during head clean. It just stopped printing ink suddenly, but no error codes, everything else functions normally.

Old December 28th, 2017 Dec 28, 2017 7:34:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Cleaned the encoder?

Old March 28th, 2018 Mar 28, 2018 12:37:03 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Alright, just an update incase anyone else gets the same problem. It was the infamous F6 fuse on the mainboard.
Basically, it will blow sooner or later, probably sooner if you're printer is getting on a bit. And when it does your printer will go through the motions but no ink will come out. Easy fix. Bypass the fuse with a 500mA fuse. Can be a bit tricky unless you're good with a soldering iron. If not then don't risk messing it up, give it to someone who knows what they're doing.

If you need more details how to fix this message me.
cheers

This is a discussion about RJET 5 stopped printing no error codes that was posted in the Resolute DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in