R-jet 4 start up sequence - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation







+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Resolute DTG
A forum to discuss the R-Jet 4 and R-Jet 5 direct to garment printers from Resolute DTG (in the UK and US)



R-jet 4 start up sequence

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 1:22:31 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Critical's Avatar
 
You can call me: Eric
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts


Default R-jet 4 start up sequence

I have recently purchased a R jet 4 that wont print due to blocked head etc. That is all sorted but when I power it up it goes straight into Set paper lever message and does not initialise. The tray loading still works ok as does the select paper option but cannot get any further. Am I missing something or is this a fault. It was demonstrated functional apart from lack of ink being printed when I collected it. It is the wics version of the printer. Any help appreciated.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 1:42:47 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 147
Thanked 155 Times in 129 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
I have recently purchased a R jet 4 that wont print due to blocked head etc. That is all sorted but when I power it up it goes straight into Set paper lever message and does not initialise. The tray loading still works ok as does the select paper option but cannot get any further. Am I missing something or is this a fault. It was demonstrated functional apart from lack of ink being printed when I collected it. It is the wics version of the printer. Any help appreciated.
The correct loading sequence is listed in the operators manual that should have come with the printer.

Look on the RIP dongle for a documents folder or a PDF of the manual which will explain this.

If you have never used a DTG printer before it would be wise to book on a training course as there is a lot to learn.
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 3:19:39 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan
Thread Starter

Critical's Avatar
 
You can call me: Eric
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Thanks Colin. I have been using an Anajet for the past 12 months and am a component level computer engineer of 35 years. The paper manual with the printer is not much use as it is for the earlier version and is in no way comprehensive. Wasnt aware there was another manual on the dongle so will have a look at that thanks.
 
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 4:17:08 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 147
Thanked 155 Times in 129 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
Thanks Colin. I have been using an Anajet for the past 12 months and am a component level computer engineer of 35 years. The paper manual with the printer is not much use as it is for the earlier version and is in no way comprehensive. Wasnt aware there was another manual on the dongle so will have a look at that thanks.
No problem, the load sequence is the same for all R-Jet 4 versions. You should get to the ready mode before trying to print anything. In the manual it will show you the configuration of icons on the printer lcd that must be the same or you will keep getting reload message.
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 10:52:54 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan
Thread Starter

Critical's Avatar
 
You can call me: Eric
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Hi Colin. There is no user manual on the rip dongle. Any chance of emailing me a copy. In the Rev 3 printed version it merely states make sure the scissors and roll are present. When I press the power button to turn the printer on there is no head initialisation and the printer immediately displays ' set paper lever ' which is in the correct forward position. The red light above the up / down arrows is also on. The scissors are present on the display but no roll. I have checked and the roll is set to on in the maintenance menu. The standard menu button does not operate as the printer will not come ready I am more inclined to think it has developed a fault.
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 11:13:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan
Thread Starter

Critical's Avatar
 
You can call me: Eric
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Sorted. Side cover off to find connector not seated correctly. Have discovered its been in bits before by someones rather hamfisted hand.
Thanks anyway Colin.
 
Old November 14th, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 9:51:43 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 147
Thanked 155 Times in 129 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
Sorted. Side cover off to find connector not seated correctly. Have discovered its been in bits before by someones rather hamfisted hand.
Thanks anyway Colin.
Oh dear, well at least you found the problem and got it going.
 
Old July 23rd, 2020 Jul 23, 2020 11:57:53 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

jdm4life's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2016
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
Hi Colin. There is no user manual on the rip dongle. Any chance of emailing me a copy. In the Rev 3 printed version it merely states make sure the scissors and roll are present. When I press the power button to turn the printer on there is no head initialisation and the printer immediately displays ' set paper lever ' which is in the correct forward position. The red light above the up / down arrows is also on. The scissors are present on the display but no roll. I have checked and the roll is set to on in the maintenance menu. The standard menu button does not operate as the printer will not come ready I am more inclined to think it has developed a fault.
I have the exact same problem.....Any idea how to rectify it? Also there is nothing in the user manual says anything about the issue.
 
Old July 23rd, 2020 Jul 23, 2020 9:38:11 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 147
Thanked 155 Times in 129 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4life
I have the exact same problem.....Any idea how to rectify it? Also there is nothing in the user manual says anything about the issue.
Load the shirt box.

The printer is asking you for media and it cannot initialise until you load the box.

Regards

Colin
 
Old July 23rd, 2020 Jul 23, 2020 10:42:57 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

jdm4life's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2016
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute DTG
Load the shirt box.

The printer is asking you for media and it cannot initialise until you load the box.

Regards

Colin
What is the set up sequence as the manual doesnt say a word about it?


It now says service required 00010037
 
Old July 23rd, 2020 Jul 23, 2020 11:37:11 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 147
Thanked 155 Times in 129 Posts


Default Re: R-jet 4 start up sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4life
What is the set up sequence as the manual doesnt say a word about it?


It now says service required 00010037
I am guessing you have not had any training, DTG is not something you can self teach unless you have a lot of time and are prepared to waste shirts.

If the printer has an error code it will need diagnosing, without talking to a Resolute technician you could be stabbing in the dark. We do offer a telephone support package which I think would be the minimum required to help you.

If you call the office after 9 someone can give you the details.

Regards

Colin
 






This is a discussion about R-jet 4 start up sequence that was posted in the Resolute DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plastisol Transfers vs Laser Jet WT gangsta1 General T-Shirt Selling Discussion 2 September 14th, 2015 08:05 AM
Cutting of Ink Jet Heat Press Transfers shirtshackattack Heat Press and Heat Transfers 4 March 6th, 2015 06:21 AM
Cutting of Ink Jet Heat Press shirtshackattack Heat Press and Heat Transfers 0 March 4th, 2015 03:07 PM
Start position erratic Stuart21 T shirt Printing Issues 0 December 5th, 2014 08:10 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.