Need help with an Rjet-4 - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation








+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Resolute DTG
A forum to discuss the R-Jet 4 and R-Jet 5 direct to garment printers from Resolute DTG (in the UK and US)



Need help with an Rjet-4

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2016 Apr 20, 2016 6:21:53 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Rachel2016's Avatar
 
You can call me: Rachel
Member Since: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Need help with an Rjet-4

I work for a charity and we have been donated an RJ-4 machine, (the epson 4800) I am new to using this particular equipment but it's my job to figure it out!

so far, I have installed drivers for the epson, it has registered the machine (I'm on a macintosh if this changes anything) Initially it kept saying paper lever was not secure but after playing with the red button on the side I've managed to nudge the loading tray and eventually it then recognised the tray and the carriage pulled it into position. (please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this machine) Now it says on the monitor set ink cartridge. Also on the utility it says replace ink cartridges but obviously its bulk ink so surely this is something you have to bypass perhaps?

Some background on the machine:
It has three trays (for different garment sizes i think) the previous user has put CMYK inks (resolute ink) in both sides, even though the right side is labeled white.. (this is fine i guess as to start we probably won't be printing on black.)

It does not have a clip for the paper lever on the top but as i don't have any manual i don't know if this was a deliberate modification made by resolute dog and removed from the epson. I also don't understand the display...
so to sum up ....
1)is there a user manual available that is not for the epson 4800 but for the RJET 4 ?
2)how do i get the machine to know it has bulk ink and not cartridges
3) don't know how long the inks been sat for does this matter?
4) where can i get spare parts, or waste/maintence parts etc

Id really like to figure it out with the assistance on yourselves or speak with an engineer or user as its not a new machine and i don't know how much cost should be spent on it if its not up to scratch. If of course it works, id be purchasing inks etc...any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 25th, 2016 Apr 25, 2016 6:45:44 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja


Resolute DTG's Avatar
 
You can call me: Colin
Member Since: Jun 2010
Location: UK & US
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 143
Thanked 154 Times in 128 Posts


Default Re: Need help with an Rjet-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel2016
I work for a charity and we have been donated an RJ-4 machine, (the epson 4800) I am new to using this particular equipment but it's my job to figure it out!

so far, I have installed drivers for the epson, it has registered the machine (I'm on a macintosh if this changes anything) Initially it kept saying paper lever was not secure but after playing with the red button on the side I've managed to nudge the loading tray and eventually it then recognised the tray and the carriage pulled it into position. (please excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this machine) Now it says on the monitor set ink cartridge. Also on the utility it says replace ink cartridges but obviously its bulk ink so surely this is something you have to bypass perhaps?

Some background on the machine:
It has three trays (for different garment sizes i think) the previous user has put CMYK inks (resolute ink) in both sides, even though the right side is labeled white.. (this is fine i guess as to start we probably won't be printing on black.)

It does not have a clip for the paper lever on the top but as i don't have any manual i don't know if this was a deliberate modification made by resolute dog and removed from the epson. I also don't understand the display...
so to sum up ....
1)is there a user manual available that is not for the epson 4800 but for the RJET 4 ?
2)how do i get the machine to know it has bulk ink and not cartridges
3) don't know how long the inks been sat for does this matter?
4) where can i get spare parts, or waste/maintence parts etc

Id really like to figure it out with the assistance on yourselves or speak with an engineer or user as its not a new machine and i don't know how much cost should be spent on it if its not up to scratch. If of course it works, id be purchasing inks etc...any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi Rachel,

I think you have been in contact with our office by now. You really need the correct training as running a DTG printer is not quite the same as a normal paper printer. I work away most of the time but feel free to call and we will try to help you.

We do run training courses but the R-Jet 4 has been discontinued for some years now with the R-Jet 5. Most of the stuff available will be the same if not similar.

Regards

Colin
__________________
Resolute DTG Ltd. DTG, UV & Digital Print specialists. RICOH Gold Partner UK.
KODAK DTG ink manufacturing partner U.K http://www. resolutedtg.com
 
Old April 25th, 2016 Apr 25, 2016 7:09:55 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member
Thread Starter

Rachel2016's Avatar
 
You can call me: Rachel
Member Since: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default

Thanks yes both your colleague and you have told me it's not like a paper printer, I am aware of this :smile: We have a large format latex printer which I use as well as a plotter and heat presses and embroidery machines...so I have some knowledge of this kind of equipment. However tshirt printers are new to me...However because the tshirt printer was passed on to me and possibly missing some things... and I couldn't initally get passed the paper lever I thought I would be able to access a manual from someone.

So far I've managed to get it to recognise the tray, I noticed the indicator lights and realised it wasn't registering it until I nudged it (did use the button on the side as well) I've got it to the point where it now says replace inks, so looked at your rjet 5 manual and notice it comes with a resetter for the inks, as we don't have this I'm guessing this would be the next best thing for me to try...can't seem to get beyond the ink replacement. We had a solvent printer once that was modified to bulk inks and when it was turned on we had to use the keys to bypass the replace inks warning, but I'm guessing that doesn't work with this and you need a resetter. Please advise if you think this is correct. Again thank you for the offer of training but will kindly decline that for now.

Cheers
Rachel
 
 
Old April 26th, 2016 Apr 26, 2016 7:20:11 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

NZACO's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 371
Thanked 71 Times in 65 Posts


Default Re: Need help with an Rjet-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel2016
...can't seem to get beyond the ink replacement. We had a solvent printer once that was modified to bulk inks and when it was turned on we had to use the keys to bypass the replace inks warning, but I'm guessing that doesn't work with this and you need a resetter. Please advise if you think this is correct. Again thank you for the offer of training but will kindly decline that for now.

Cheers
Rachel
After reading your information Rachel I think training would be a very good idea. It seems like you are trying thing without knowing if you have all the parts for the printer. This could be very expensive and time consuming and you will never know if you are getting the best from the printer.

Training will tell you quickly how this printer operates and how to make money with it.
 
Old February 3rd, 2019 Feb 3, 2019 11:44:12 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hirsty32's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: Need help with an Rjet-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel2016
Thanks yes both your colleague and you have told me it's not like a paper printer, I am aware of this :smile: We have a large format latex printer which I use as well as a plotter and heat presses and embroidery machines...so I have some knowledge of this kind of equipment. However tshirt printers are new to me...However because the tshirt printer was passed on to me and possibly missing some things... and I couldn't initally get passed the paper lever I thought I would be able to access a manual from someone.

So far I've managed to get it to recognise the tray, I noticed the indicator lights and realised it wasn't registering it until I nudged it (did use the button on the side as well) I've got it to the point where it now says replace inks, so looked at your rjet 5 manual and notice it comes with a resetter for the inks, as we don't have this I'm guessing this would be the next best thing for me to try...can't seem to get beyond the ink replacement. We had a solvent printer once that was modified to bulk inks and when it was turned on we had to use the keys to bypass the replace inks warning, but I'm guessing that doesn't work with this and you need a resetter. Please advise if you think this is correct. Again thank you for the offer of training but will kindly decline that for now.

Cheers
Rachel

Hi I can’t get passed the select paper lever, on RJET5 can anyone help
 
Old February 3rd, 2019 Feb 3, 2019 5:08:31 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Reymond's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts


Post Re: Need help with an Rjet-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsty32
Hi I can’t get passed the select paper lever, on RJET5 can anyone help
What is your rip software?
 






This is a discussion about Need help with an Rjet-4 that was posted in the Resolute DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RJet 5 Main Board Replacement Archiebee Resolute DTG 1 March 30th, 2016 12:15 AM
RJet 5 Issues - Stops printing half way through Archiebee Resolute DTG 2 December 16th, 2015 11:38 PM
RJet 4 issues Archiebee Resolute DTG 1 October 24th, 2015 03:31 AM
FOR SALE RJET 5, Pre Treat Machine, Heat Press, 100's Tees/Sweats - Make Us An Offer! Mbuk TF Classifieds 13 July 9th, 2015 10:58 AM
RJet 4 Wiper Blade Stick taylormatson Resolute DTG 1 November 20th, 2014 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.