[Epson Printers] ecotank et 15000 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

[Epson Printers] ecotank et 15000

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By splathead
  • 1 Post By craterm
  • 1 Post By into the T
  • 1 Post By splathead

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2020 May 16, 2020 9:06:52 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default ecotank et 15000

ok I'm new to this and want to know if the Epson ecotank et 15000 is compatable with inks like chroma cotton to print transfers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2020 May 16, 2020 12:14:18 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,270 Posts

Default Re: ecotank et 15000

The ideal ink to use for transfers is pigment. Only the black ecotank ink is pigment-based. The other 3 colors are dye-based. Dye-based ink does not hold up very well in water so you will see fading after the garment is comes out of the washing machine.

There are 3rd party pigment inks you can buy to replace your CMY colors. You don't have to replace your Epson black. We use cobraink.com's pigment ink in our ecotank for CMY.
into the T likes this.

Old May 16th, 2020 May 16, 2020 6:00:06 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

ok thank you I just wanted to make sure I could run a pigment ink in the printer. the people at box stores look at you like your talking in tongues when you ask them lol
into the T likes this.

Old May 16th, 2020 May 16, 2020 7:47:25 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

i thought the et15000 uses all durabrite inks, which means pigment for cmyk

hmmm....
now i am not so sure, a couple of conflicting specs out there

i think splathead is right, cmy = dye

there seems to be a concern using pigment in place of the dyes and longevity of the printhead,
maybe splathead will mention if he has noticed anything, or how long he has been doing this/how often he prints

if you go this route i would recommend a color print-a-day to keep the head fresh
splathead likes this.

Last edited by into the T; May 16th, 2020 at 07:58 PM..

Old May 16th, 2020 May 16, 2020 9:45:45 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
i thought the et15000 uses all durabrite inks, which means pigment for cmyk

hmmm....
now i am not so sure, a couple of conflicting specs out there
Yeah, the product page for the 15000 does say all durabrite inks, but the ink product # is 502 for all colors which is the same for my ET3750.

If you look up any information on the ink itself, nowhere does it say Durabrite. Including the bottles. But it also doesn't say it is dye or pigment ink.

Quote:
maybe splathead will mention if he has noticed anything, or how long he has been doing this/how often he prints
I've had my ecotank for about a year and it is my everyday printer. I use it for invoices, mailing labels (which is why I wanted pigment ink), etc. Not 1 issue.

This is the first I'm hearing about the 15000. I like what I see. Finally a reasonably affordable ecotank that can print 13x19 sheets.
into the T likes this.

Old May 17th, 2020 May 17, 2020 3:58:02 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead

This is the first I'm hearing about the 15000. I like what I see. Finally a reasonably affordable ecotank that can print 13x19 sheets.

Can you not get the ET14000 or the L1800 in the USA?
Both are based on the old 1430 Artisan, with added ecotanks. The ET14000 is 4 colour and the L1800 is six colour.
The L1800 has been available in Asia and Eastern Europe for several years, but not in Western Europe or USA for some reason. Twice the price of the 1430, but still just about classified as 'affordable'.

Old May 17th, 2020 May 17, 2020 9:27:13 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
Can you not get the ET14000 or the L1800 in the USA?
No. I see them available on an Epson overseas site, but not on the U.S. one.

The U.S. site has several new Ecotanks that uses an ink with a different model # than the other ecotanks. Epson specifically says all 4 colors of Ink #542 is pigment ink. New model #'s are ET 16000 & 16600 but they start at $1,000.

This is a discussion about ecotank et 15000 that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in