Epson Ecotank Desktop with Dye-Sub ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Epson Ecotank Desktop with Dye-Sub ink

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PatWibble

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 12th, 2019 Dec 12, 2019 6:33:20 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Vincent
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson Ecotank Desktop with Dye-Sub ink

I’m an educator looking for a deal. I see InkOwl and Cobra Inks sell dye sub inks they say can be used in Epson eco tank printers with no problems. Is this true? Anybody here done it, with these suppliers or anyone else’s? Epson sells dye sub ink for their new printer, the F570. Anybody tried this in a cheap Ecotank desktop printer? Seems to me this could be a good, affordable setup if it works. What say you?

On a related note, any health concerns with dye sub off-gassing?

P.s. I’m only planning to do Mug printing.

Thanks in advance for for your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2019 Dec 13, 2019 2:54:56 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson Ecotank Desktop with Dye-Sub ink

You need to get an ink that is compatible with your printheads. Most Epsons use 'Micro Piezo' printheads, and most after market epson compatible sub inks will work ( not Ricoh or Sawgrass inks). Newer Epson printers have 'Precision Core' printheads. You can still get compatible inks, but will have to shop around for one that specifies 'Precision Core' use.

Cheaper Epsons will not last as long as the mid priced ones.

Old December 13th, 2019 Dec 13, 2019 8:00:25 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,561 Times in 2,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepinniw
I’m an educator looking for a deal. I see InkOwl and Cobra Inks sell dye sub inks they say can be used in Epson eco tank printers with no problems. Is this true? Anybody here done it, with these suppliers or anyone else’s? Epson sells dye sub ink for their new printer, the F570. Anybody tried this in a cheap Ecotank desktop printer? Seems to me this could be a good, affordable setup if it works. What say you??
I had brought up the idea of using Epson dye sub ink in their workforce and ecotanks in another thread. The only unknown factor is color profiling. Obviously you won't get one from Epson like you would from Cobra and others. So the big question is if you would actually need one.

For the money, I say try it.

Old December 16th, 2019 Dec 16, 2019 5:54:13 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use inkjetcarts.us sublimation inks for the Epson Eco tanks and I don,t need a profile for them.
There inks and service is highly recommended.
AL

This is a discussion about Epson Ecotank Desktop with Dye-Sub ink that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in