Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 15, 2019 8:45:06 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business

Hi everyone,

Currently, I use a Canon for t-shirt transfers to do my t-shirt prints, I also have an Epson to do my sublimation. Thinking about getting a new printer for pigment ink to do waterproof prints for business cards etc and also my t-shirt transfers.

I am also wondering if I should just get a laser printer. I'm thinking about getting an Oki because of the white toner. I have been watching some videos about refilling the toner, what do you guys think or can you share your experience?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago May 16, 2019 10:37:35 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,126 Times in 834 Posts

Default Re: Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy
Hi everyone,

Currently, I use a Canon for t-shirt transfers to do my t-shirt prints, I also have an Epson to do my sublimation. Thinking about getting a new printer for pigment ink to do waterproof prints for business cards etc and also my t-shirt transfers.

I am also wondering if I should just get a laser printer. I'm thinking about getting an Oki because of the white toner. I have been watching some videos about refilling the toner, what do you guys think or can you share your experience?

Thanks.
Evidently you have not yet have issues with clogging with inkjet printer. I have to trash 5 inkjet printers.

Seems to me you are happy with what you have except not able to do dark shirt that is self weeding.

There's a cheap option using B/W laser printer with white toner. Pair it with sublimation ink, self weeding laser transfer for dark.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oki-WHITE-T...edirect=mobile

The process will be like what I have done in this thread except the printer will be B/W laser printer.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-p...s/t450257.html

Last edited by Lnfortun; 6 Days Ago at 01:13 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Lnfortun For This Useful Post:
triniboy (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago May 16, 2019 3:40:41 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business

Thanks for the reply,

Can you recommend a wide format laser printer?

This is a discussion about Laser vs Inkjet print for tshirt business that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in