OEM Epson Inks? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

OEM Epson Inks?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2019 Mar 9, 2019 1:38:30 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default OEM Epson Inks?

I already do sublimation printing and use vinyl for making tshirts but I was to start using T-shirt transfers so I can offer customers another option until I eventually learn screen printing.

I’m currently looking at two printers. One is an Epson ET-7750 which uses pigment black and dye colour inks and the other is an Epson P600 which uses all pigment inks.

Both printers are similarly priced but the ink costs differ massively with the dye inks being much cheaper.

I’ve read on various places that dye based inks are fine for heat transfers as it’s the paper that’s important, but then I’ve read elsewhere that you really need pigment inks.

What are your opinions? Are pigment inks going to make the prints last longer for our customers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2019 Mar 11, 2019 9:18:08 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 2,541 Times in 2,258 Posts

Default Re: OEM Epson Inks?

Dye ink fades. Pigment ink not so much.

I recommend you go all pigment. You can use 3rd party bulk pigment ink in the ET. Cobraink.com is one of many who sell 3rd party inks.

This is a discussion about OEM Epson Inks? that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in