[Epson Printers] Artisan 1430 vs XP-15000 - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

[Epson Printers] Artisan 1430 vs XP-15000

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2019 Sep 6, 2019 8:43:24 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Matthew
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Artisan 1430 vs XP-15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuz
Matthew, just checki'n, how's it going with your setup? Hopefully all is well still!

After much thought, I've decided to go with the Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer. I just could not bring myself to commit to Accurip though, didn't want to have to use their ink and film because I like to be flexible. However, I did like their all black feature. I know you can set your black to print from different cartridges. Ultimately though, I wanted to be able to print to more than just the Canon Pixma printer and be able to make lots of different adjustments without letting the software pick them for me or have to pay more for different features.

So, I went with PrintFab. It will run all the inkjets I own, Epsons and Canon. You can only load it on one computer though, so that will go on my laptop and I can port it around to whatever printer I need to use.

Price on the Printfab was very reasonable too. Now I'm waiting on my new Printer, should be here Sat.!!!

Anynow, good luck to you!
Thanks! So far, great results!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2019 Oct 21, 2019 2:43:30 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tracey

I also am wanting to print films with my new XP-1500, found this thread and follow Matthew's advice above. My films look great, I'm still using inks direct from Epson as I was in a pinch. I use CorelDraw. I set all of my colors to all 100% C M Y Ks... print preferences high quality, photo glossy. Looks no different than my old Epson 1400. BUT one thing I noticed is, on the printer monitor, after printing about 6 films so far, the black ink cartridge is definitely taking more of a hit than the other colors, so am wondering if setting all colors to 100% C M Y K is really utilizing all cartridges or is the printer changing it's mind and printing from black only. Was hoping to do all black cartridges, but still kind of a nice printer to keep as a color printer worst case.

Old October 22nd, 2019 Oct 22, 2019 3:47:14 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalazeit
I also am wanting to print films with my new XP-1500, found this thread and follow Matthew's advice above. My films look great, I'm still using inks direct from Epson as I was in a pinch. I use CorelDraw. I set all of my colors to all 100% C M Y Ks... print preferences high quality, photo glossy. Looks no different than my old Epson 1400. BUT one thing I noticed is, on the printer monitor, after printing about 6 films so far, the black ink cartridge is definitely taking more of a hit than the other colors, so am wondering if setting all colors to 100% C M Y K is really utilizing all cartridges or is the printer changing it's mind and printing from black only. Was hoping to do all black cartridges, but still kind of a nice printer to keep as a color printer worst case.
I noticed this too and was also wondering the same thing.

Old October 22nd, 2019 Oct 22, 2019 7:31:49 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMARZOLF
I noticed this too and was also wondering the same thing.
After I get out of this rush scenario I'm in, I am going to play with maybe 50% of all colors and do a few test prints to make sure I'm still getting good UV ink down and possibly a draw from all cartridges. Just a hunch, since Accurip is no longer supporting this, I have to figure something else out. But manually setting up all my films right now is really a drag.

Old January 12th, 2020 Jan 12, 2020 9:27:17 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: andrew

I recently bought the XP15000 in a pinch when my artisan 1430 died on me and also got the all black cartridges from inkjetmall. So far the all black cartridge films are working well, the films using the epson ink worked alright too but the new ones are significantly darker and easy to expose. Was curious what settings anyone is using on this printer? Ive been using B&W photo with the darkness andcontrast maxed out

This is a discussion about Artisan 1430 vs XP-15000 that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in