[HP Printers] Ghost White Toner - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

[HP Printers] Ghost White Toner

Like Tree11Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 19th, 2018 Mar 19, 2018 4:41:55 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ghost White Toner

Luis, Yes you are right about making the image a solid black of the design to print the MASK of solid white.
Thanks for helping to clarify it.

The HP will have the same problem as the Oki laser toners cracking. They use plastic resins also and that is the cause of poor wash/dryer fastness and cracking.
I started that process in 2006 and never achieved consistant results until I realized the real problem is the RESINS in the toners that causes the cracking. Sublimation ink doesn,t have resins in it.
AL
1-908-213-2830

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2018 Mar 21, 2018 8:28:37 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ty
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am also looking at the Ghost white toner, I bought an HP M533N 1200x1200 dpi, figuring the more dpi the more ink would help it stick, I have had some good luck with the transfers the image goes on no jamming with DIGI-TRANS and TECHNIPRINT EZP, but the wash is what is killing me, cold water inside out low heat, and I get some weird creasing not quite cracking. I haven't tried forever paper yet do you think it stands up better to the washes and will the ghost white toner with another layer help it stick more and hold up more?

I had a hell of a time looking up differences in laser printer toner types, i know ink and toner are different but I could not find why to use OKI toner over HP toner? so at this point I am just troubleshooting the wash.. how long can it stand up in the wash.

Last edited by The Waffleman; March 21st, 2018 at 08:51 AM..

Old March 21st, 2018 Mar 21, 2018 9:04:21 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

It doesn,t matter what laser printer toner you use they all have the PLASTIC RESINS and that is the cracking and poor wash and drier problems. Some papers don,t hold up in the dryer as well also.

Sublimation Ink only has DYES and Water. No plastic resins to cause the problem.
AL [email protected]

Old March 21st, 2018 Mar 21, 2018 10:00:06 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublial
It doesn,t matter what laser printer toner you use they all have the PLASTIC RESINS and that is the cracking and poor wash and drier problems. Some papers don,t hold up in the dryer as well also.

Sublimation Ink only has DYES and Water. No plastic resins to cause the problem.
AL [email protected]
I totally appreciate what you are saying but is there anything that will hold up more than 1 wash? or use Ink and that is it? all these papers and different printers and your suggesting that nothing laser related will work because of the plastic resins?

thx

Ty.

Old March 25th, 2018 Mar 25, 2018 5:34:25 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigmprint
I've never used the Ghost Toner but I believe you may be asking the wrong question.

The HP printers run very hot and I think you're going to have an issue finding transfer papers that will work with it and not jam. I am almost positive, for example, that you'll not be able to use the Forever papers with the HP.

Personally, I'd stick with the OKI products. They, and their toner, is specifically designed for use with T-Shirt transfer papers.
Hey Joe - this is exactly my findings so far in my testing of Ghost. The Ghost toner is very comparable to the OKI white toner - the problem is the HP printer!

Old March 25th, 2018 Mar 25, 2018 7:15:39 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Ty, Papers are not the problem. Yes some are better then others but the main problem is the toner
composition. If the basics of the process is not changed the transfer won,t change.
If you research all of the posts about laser transfers onto darks the same basic issue has had multiple posts about it. THE CRACKING ON THE SHIRT. There have been all sorts of remedies for this such as a RIP SOFTWARE, STRETCHER methods and yet the same problem exhisits.
AL
1-908-213-2830
[email protected]

Old April 6th, 2018 Apr 6, 2018 9:15:07 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosportsmd
do you currently have the printer? looking for some real world feedback before I purchase..
as for shipping, the unit is way cheaper than the OK so I'll pay the $60 shipping for the toner cuz id probably order a few at a time
probably better off just buying direct from Ghost... i have a HP Laser Jet Pro 200 & was quoted $220 shipped directly from Ghost… USCutter had the same toner for $199 + shipping (but it's out of stock now)

Old April 7th, 2018 Apr 7, 2018 6:19:25 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

We look forward to hearing how it works for you.

Last edited by splathead; July 23rd, 2018 at 11:43 AM..

Old April 12th, 2018 Apr 12, 2018 12:02:47 PM -   #24 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,144 Times in 845 Posts

USCutter is stocking more Ghostwhite cartridges for HP laser color laser printer Ghostwhite cartridges for Hp color laser printers

Old April 13th, 2018 Apr 13, 2018 7:09:56 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Unfortunately the HP printer has issues that the Oki printers don,t have.
I had a contact recently with a person in Maylasia who bought a HP printer from Ghost in Germany. He can,t make the printer work on the 2 step paper. His main problem is it won,t print correctly on the second pass.
It may be OK for printing dark paper or clear transparent decals but it doesn,t seem suited for the transfer papers.

Old April 18th, 2018 Apr 18, 2018 1:53:23 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
You should read over what I posted to you.
1 You print with your sublimation ink jet printer the color print onto the {B} paper of the Image Clip for Darks

2- Then you print with the white toner of the Oki the same design in Mirror image as a white mask. Choke it about 1000th smaller.

3- Put the two papers together over a LED light table to register them exactly and then press them onto each other. Peel hot.

4- press the {A} paper onto the dark color shirt and peel cold.

You don,t print onto the same paper twice

AL 1-908-213-2830
[email protected]
Hi Al,
This is very interesting, different to all I found about white laser toner.
Do you have videos/pictures about this process? They would help me understanding it better.
Thank you in advance!
Rob

Old April 19th, 2018 Apr 19, 2018 11:47:46 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Unfortunately the HP printer has issues that the Oki printers don,t have.
I had a contact recently with a person in Maylasia who bought a HP printer from Ghost in Germany. He can,t make the printer work on the 2 step paper. His main problem is it won,t print correctly on the second pass.
It may be OK for printing dark paper or clear transparent decals but it doesn,t seem suited for the transfer papers.
DO you know what kind of HP printer he is using, I have a pretty decent HP and I have tried a few shirts, got some decent prints and transfers now , the only issue is not having the white ink sometimes it doesn't lay enough gray toner down to do the forever sheets, but image clip and digit-trans seems to work ok and did 2 washes with clean results no cracking or anything yet. The reason I want to know is it is a $900 purchase for my HP to do the ghost white and want to make sure I can throw the print through twice if need be.

thanks

Ty.

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 2:05:24 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Amanda

has anyone tried these toners on hard products such as mugs or metal? is it sublimation toner or just normal toner with a white sublimation base. I am a little confused as to if its just basic toner to use with transfers or if it is sublimation toner.

Amanda

Old May 6th, 2018 May 6, 2018 6:24:58 PM -   #29 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,144 Times in 845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbueyes
has anyone tried these toners on hard products such as mugs or metal? is it sublimation toner or just normal toner with a white sublimation base. I am a little confused as to if its just basic toner to use with transfers or if it is sublimation toner.

Amanda
For laser and inkjet sublimation system only white toner is required from the laser printer. The white toner is printed on the A sheet with solid black silhouette of the color image. Its purpose is to pull the inkjet sublimation printed color image from the B sheet of 2 step self weeding laser transfer paper for dark when the two sheets are married. The B sheet must be inkjet printable such as Imageclip laser dark. Forever laser dark B sheet is not inkjet printable.

Once the inkjet color image is transferred to A sheet it is ready to press on the substrate. Sublimation occurs when the ink is heated at high temp at set time. The A sheet is cold peeled.
ChgoGrnEyz likes this.

Old May 23rd, 2018 May 23, 2018 4:14:44 PM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

So been doing some shirts with my HP laser printer I shouldn't be using after all the feedback, but I think they are great! You don't need to spend $4000+ dollars to make nice shirts! I am doing it with a good HP printer and a heat press! I don't have the ghost white toner yet but I think that is all I need now to do darker shirts. I have washed these shirts a dozen times and still look this good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180317_124531_01_1527120553385.jpg (709.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 20180512_162929_1527120588802.jpg (1.35 MB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180414_130214_01_1527120671616.jpg (725.9 KB, 140 views)

This is a discussion about Ghost White Toner that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in