Epson L1300 Eco Solvent - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Epson L1300 Eco Solvent

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By m8taustria

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2017 Mar 13, 2017 8:20:37 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson L1300 Eco Solvent

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the Epson L1300 printer:
On the Internet you can find information about using this Epson printer with Eco Solvent Ink.
for example:

English language : Epson L1300 Eco Solvent Printer A3+

... unfortunately i don't understand that guy in the video but i guess he modified the printer with special tubes (and printhead?) that are suitable for eco solvent inks?

Below another video from a brazilian guy there is stated that you don't need any modification?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dkCP4Jntk&t=8s

Unfortunately i can't find any other specific information
Can you guys help me out with some more details?
Do I definitely need a modification and if so where can I find the right parts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2017 Apr 17, 2017 2:36:10 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Niklas

Default Re: Epson L1300 Eco Solvent

Hey, I also am super interested in this?
Can I anyone please, please dedicate few minutes and look into this?

Old November 25th, 2017 Nov 25, 2017 8:52:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I know, this is an old post, but I bought one of the modified Epson L1300 and I am very happy with it.

The guy is very helpful in after sales and support.

I now have the printer since july and use it every day for printing on adhesive foil for stickers and for printing on htv/vinyl for shirts, hoodies etc.

It works very well. The guy changes the tubes, the damper, the ink tank, the capping station and the cleaning blade, inserts a heater (very professionell done).

Perfect to start in eco solvent printing.

Old January 16th, 2018 Jan 16, 2018 4:53:36 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8taustria
I know, this is an old post, but I bought one of the modified Epson L1300 and I am very happy with it.

The guy is very helpful in after sales and support.

I now have the printer since july and use it every day for printing on adhesive foil for stickers and for printing on htv/vinyl for shirts, hoodies etc.

It works very well. The guy changes the tubes, the damper, the ink tank, the capping station and the cleaning blade, inserts a heater (very professionell done).

Perfect to start in eco solvent printing.
That sounds fantastic. Would you mind sharing where we could purchase one of these printers?

Old January 16th, 2018 Jan 16, 2018 6:16:32 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

modifyink.net

The Following User Says Thank You to m8taustria For This Useful Post:
Ribcage (May 15th, 2018)
Old May 15th, 2018 May 15, 2018 2:46:34 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
modifyink.net
Belated thanks for the info. I finally got around to buying one of these printers and it seems to work very well. May I ask what maintenance is needed to keep the printer in good shape. You've been using it for a good while by now so if you have any tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Old May 16th, 2018 May 16, 2018 12:33:23 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribcage
Belated thanks for the info. I finally got around to buying one of these printers and it seems to work very well. May I ask what maintenance is needed to keep the printer in good shape. You've been using it for a good while by now so if you have any tips, I'd really appreciate it.
Hi!

All the things I write now, are my personal experience, try if it works for you.

- print every day, and I mean 7 days a week, if you do not have something to print, do at least a head cleaning.

- powerflush once a week, yes it take a lot of ink, but it is necessary to keep the dampers clean and the head.

- clean the wiper blade and capping station every day with a cleaning swap ans alcohol or eco solvent cleaning solution (in my case, one bottle is included, when i buy my inks)

- get some dampers for replacement, the black ones I replaced already, be careful, the dampers you buy are for solvent inks AND the input is big enough, if not, you have to put something around the line and the input to fix it. The dampers he sells are perfect, if you buy online it is possible that the input hole is smaller and doesn't fit perfect to the lines.

- i do not use the original inks anymore, because too expensive and the import tax to my country is to high. I do use Eco Solvent Inks suitable for DX5 printheads and it works very well. The changeover can be done in two ways - mix the old a new ink in the tanks, maybe the colors go little bit off, or you get the old ink out of the tanks and do 2-3 powerflush to get the new ink into the lines.

- i bought 5 new ink tanks (yes it is possible), and I do fill them with solvent cleaning solution, take of the lines from the original tanks, plug it to the new ones with cleaning liquid and flush the lines, dampers and so the head once a month. After that, just plug in and do two flushes to get the ink back into the lines and dampers.

Big machine, small machine, the maintenance is the same. And If you do it you will have it for a long time. I do use mine daily for near one year now. I did a lot of adhesive pvc for stickers and more printable vinyl for textile heat transfer.

And yes - you will need a lot of codes for the WIC reset software :-)

If you have any further question, I am here!

Sorry for my english!

BR Mario
alin3117 likes this.

Ribcage (May 17th, 2018)
Old May 17th, 2018 May 17, 2018 1:45:36 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Hi!

All the things I write now, are my personal experience, try if it works for you.

- print every day, and I mean 7 days a week, if you do not have something to print, do at least a head cleaning.

- powerflush once a week, yes it take a lot of ink, but it is necessary to keep the dampers clean and the head.

- clean the wiper blade and capping station every day with a cleaning swap ans alcohol or eco solvent cleaning solution (in my case, one bottle is included, when i buy my inks)

- get some dampers for replacement, the black ones I replaced already, be careful, the dampers you buy are for solvent inks AND the input is big enough, if not, you have to put something around the line and the input to fix it. The dampers he sells are perfect, if you buy online it is possible that the input hole is smaller and doesn't fit perfect to the lines.

- i do not use the original inks anymore, because too expensive and the import tax to my country is to high. I do use Eco Solvent Inks suitable for DX5 printheads and it works very well. The changeover can be done in two ways - mix the old a new ink in the tanks, maybe the colors go little bit off, or you get the old ink out of the tanks and do 2-3 powerflush to get the new ink into the lines.

- i bought 5 new ink tanks (yes it is possible), and I do fill them with solvent cleaning solution, take of the lines from the original tanks, plug it to the new ones with cleaning liquid and flush the lines, dampers and so the head once a month. After that, just plug in and do two flushes to get the ink back into the lines and dampers.

Big machine, small machine, the maintenance is the same. And If you do it you will have it for a long time. I do use mine daily for near one year now. I did a lot of adhesive pvc for stickers and more printable vinyl for textile heat transfer.

And yes - you will need a lot of codes for the WIC reset software :-)

If you have any further question, I am here!

Sorry for my english!

BR Mario
Your English is just fine and thank you for the information!
I am a total newbie to solvent printing so some of the terms you used are unfamiliar to me. The printer did not come with cleaning solution so I will order some today. In the meantime, I will use the printer every day.
I'm not sure what the wiper blade, capping station and dampers are, but I'll look on line and in the manual to see if I can find them.
At the moment, this seems like a lot of maintenance, but I'm sure it will be fine once I get into the routine.
One question if you don't mind, what do you do if you go away for a week or two?
Thanks!

Old May 17th, 2018 May 17, 2018 1:54:03 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribcage
Your English is just fine and thank you for the information!
I am a total newbie to solvent printing so some of the terms you used are unfamiliar to me. The printer did not come with cleaning solution so I will order some today. In the meantime, I will use the printer every day.
I'm not sure what the wiper blade, capping station and dampers are, but I'll look on line and in the manual to see if I can find them.
At the moment, this seems like a lot of maintenance, but I'm sure it will be fine once I get into the routine.
One question if you don't mind, what do you do if you go away for a week or two?
Thanks!
Just look on youtube for wiper blade maintenance epson and you will find a lot of videos.

I just do not go away :-) If it is so you have to choices. Flushing the lines with solution, keep the solution in the lines, dampers (the white cartridges in the printhead) - and you will be finde. solvent ink has a lot of pigments and flushing prevents from drying the print head.

second way is to wet cap - also look on youtube - it is the same DIY DTG Printers and this DIY solvent printers. If you wet cap - higher the position of the tanks - if not - the pressure from the cleaning solution in the capping station, will pump the ink back to the tanks and it can happend, that yellow and blue mix up - I now what I am talking from haha - that was a mess!

Maybe I will do some videos on YT.

Ribcage (May 17th, 2018)
Old May 17th, 2018 May 17, 2018 2:25:28 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thanks again for the good advice, I'll try to learn as much as I can about the printer.
When the guy from Modify Ink replied to my email asking about a maintenance routine, he simply said "Everyday use, no warranty outside Thailand."
So aside from your good advice, I think I'm on my own!

Old November 5th, 2018 Nov 5, 2018 11:55:51 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member

Don't know if this thread is still active but i am using the same printer. I just couldnt get the printer to print exactly as what i see in the computer. What settings do you guys use in the printer settings?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Old February 5th, 2019 Feb 5, 2019 6:05:39 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member

You can call me: Tia

Hi Ribcage. Just wondering how you are going with this printer? Any regrets?
I’m looking at buying one and wondered if the heater was nessassary and how you found all the cleaning and maintenance? Thanks! Tia

Old August 22nd, 2019 Aug 22, 2019 10:34:38 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member

You can call me: jayval

you will just need to change the tubes/hose that are for eco solvent tube and put out the tube of your ink waste tube out at the back of your printer. Thats all you need to do.

Old December 23rd, 2019 Dec 23, 2019 9:15:26 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member

Hi. Do you print L1300 using any RIP?

This is a discussion about Epson L1300 Eco Solvent that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in