Where to buy Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges - UK - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Where to buy Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges - UK

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 4:07:56 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Where to buy Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges - UK

Hi all,

I recently (upgraded) to an Epson WF-7610. I've put that in brackets as I've have a few too many issues with it thus far to consider it an upgrade yet ...

Anyway I'm in the UK and was wondering if anyone else here who is also in the UK knew of a good supplier of pigment ink cartridges?

I've found a couple of web sites that offer well priced ink cartridges for the 7610 but they're selling the cartridges with dye based ink rather than pigment

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 4:27:14 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default Re: Where to buy Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges - UK

Try Cheap Ink Cartridges from Ink Express - Compatible Inkjet Cartridges. If they haven't got pre-filled cartridges in pigment, they can sell you refillables and 100ml bottles of ink.
If not then try CISS, Printer Ink and Toner Cartridges | City Ink Express.

The online ink market is very competitive, and dye ink is a lot cheaper than pigment. A lot of companies advertise the dye option so as not to appear too expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to PatWibble For This Useful Post:
matesdesign (January 31st, 2017)
Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 5:11:57 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for the suggestion - I've just sent Ink Express an email to see if they use pigment inks in their cartridges.

You're right about some companies advertising the cheaper dye based ink rather than pigment ink. I recently found out one company had switched to using dye, rather than the pigment I was getting from them previously and hadn't told me. This was for my previous Epson printer and hence my desire to find a new supplier ...

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 5:36:09 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesdesign
Thanks for the suggestion - I've just sent Ink Express an email to see if they use pigment inks in their cartridges.

You're right about some companies advertising the cheaper dye based ink rather than pigment ink. I recently found out one company had switched to using dye, rather than the pigment I was getting from them previously and hadn't told me. This was for my previous Epson printer and hence my desire to find a new supplier ...
The guy at Ink Express is very helpful.
I use his Dye ink for film making and it is excellent. Just started using his pigment ink, so I am hoping it is as good.

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 5:38:40 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
The guy at Ink Express is very helpful.
I use his Dye ink for film making and it is excellent. Just started using his pigment ink, so I am hoping it is as good.
I just received a reply from Alex at Ink Express - he said their compatible ink cartridges use dye based inks rather than pigment inks.

I really need pigment inks though as I use it for printing onto heat transfers.

I'll ask if he can get them.

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 5:58:24 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Interesting from Alex at Ink Express.

"Hi Sean,

For single use compatible cartridges (like you have been looking at) I do not know of anyone selling ones with pigment inks. Most 3rd party compatible inks are from one of three suppliers as far as I know the factories all supply with dye based inks rather than pigment.

Usually I would have suggested refillable ink cartridges, these can then be filled with pigment inks or any inks of your choice. The only reason I have not mentioned these in my previous message was because I have been having lots of issues with my refillable ink cartridges (T27 series) so have stopped selling them for the time being until its sorted.

Alex"

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 7:52:58 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

These seem to fit the bill from City Ink Express:

Refillable pigment Cheap printer cartridges for Epson WF-7610DWF T2711-4 T2701-4 Multipack

Ciss for Epson printer: Epson WF-7610DWF | Pigment Ink

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 12:23:23 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
These seem to fit the bill from City Ink Express:

Refillable pigment Cheap printer cartridges for Epson WF-7610DWF T2711-4 T2701-4 Multipack

Ciss for Epson printer: Epson WF-7610DWF | Pigment Ink
They will do the job, although there is no guarantee that the cartridges don't come from the same source as the ones Ink Express are selling. I've had half a dozen sets of refillables, from various different suppliers and for different printers, and all have come in the same packaging. That explains why Alex didn't have either refillables or ciss on his website for that model. Annoying, because I was about to get a 7610 as a general office printer next week.

The problem that you are currently having ( in your other post ) could be related. There may be an unresolved problem with the chips that are being used for the cartridges - if the same chips are being used for pre filled and refillables.

I don't know how successful a ciss would be with an all in one printer. Would the tubes get in the way of the scanner?

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 2:07:55 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Alex did go on to say that the majority of the cartridges were fine but he had an issue with of few of late so wanted to investigate further before putting them back up on the site.

I'm starting to think my other issue with the printer is definitely paper related. Or at least the paper being slightly curled at the edges and this is causing it to touch the print head as it goes through the printer. I'm still testing a few things though.

I'm not sure how the CISS would work with the 7610 so I'm probably going to try the refillable cartridges with pigment ink. The price is good and would save me quite a bit in the long run and with the quality I'm after. If they work that is

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 7:21:15 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

checkout cobra or inkjetcarts.us i have a cis from inkjetcarts.us on my 7610,
a little bit of a hassle getting it going (the ink lines run under the scanner with no issues)
but it did finally recognize it, and i have had no issues since

looking back i think i would have opted for the xl refillable cartridges, and gotten two sets,
one for inkjet transfers and one for sublimation then swapped when needed
(i think i still might when i run out of ink in the cis system)

the other nice thing about those two companies is their inks have a high heat yellow (so no color shifting)

i know inkjetcarts ships internationally and i have had very good service and products from them,
cobra also gets good reviews here for service and products, but i don't know if they ship internationally

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 8:44:58 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi,
check on this link Welcome to Epson United Kingdom, they supply best Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges.

Old February 1st, 2017 Feb 1, 2017 3:54:30 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thank you both

Old February 2nd, 2017 Feb 2, 2017 12:05:59 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Well my refillable cartridges with pigment ink arrived today from city ink express. I was eager to try it out so filled the cartridges up as per the instructions and set about doing a print head clean and nozzle check ready to actually print something I could use.

First nozzle check print wasn't too bad. Only 1 small break in one of the black lines. So I performed a print head clean and tried again. It was getting worse. More print head cleans and this is what I'm left with. Check the attached picture ...

No black at all now and the remaining colours look awful.

This printer is driving me nuts. It was supposed to make my life and my little printing business better but all it's been so far is a massive headache!

Any ideas welcome?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5763_1486065949731.JPG (282.5 KB, 11 views)

Old February 5th, 2017 Feb 5, 2017 2:05:20 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Well my refillable cartridges with pigment ink arrived today from city ink express. I was eager to try it out so filled the cartridges up as per the instructions and set about doing a print head clean and nozzle check ready to actually print something I could use.

First nozzle check print wasn't too bad. Only 1 small break in one of the black lines. So I performed a print head clean and tried again. It was getting worse. More print head cleans and this is what I'm left with. Check the attached picture ...

No black at all now and the remaining colours look awful.

This printer is driving me nuts. It was supposed to make my life and my little printing business better but all it's been so far is a massive headache!

Any ideas welcome?
Did you prime your carts?

Old February 6th, 2017 Feb 6, 2017 3:06:44 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparrish
Did you prime your carts?
I didn't no.

I did the thing with the damp paper towel in the printer and let the print head sit over it for a good while.

Should I try placing the refillable carts on a damp paper towel as well?

This is a discussion about Where to buy Epson Pigment Ink Cartridges - UK that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in