Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 7th, 2017 Feb 7, 2017 2:52:21 PM -   #61 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Default Re: Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesdesign
Replacement 7610 arrived this evening. Went through normal set-up and installed the OEM inks that came with the machine as advised.

Couple of print outs and the colours etc were perfect.

Great so now time to swap over to the refillable pigment ink cartridges.

I ran a print head nozzle check after putting the refillable cartridges in and the results were good apart from the odd missing dot. So I ran a couple of head cleans followed by nozzle checks and as you can see the results are awful. The 1st print outs are from the top down, so the ones at the bottom are the most recent.

Giving up on these refillable cartridges and I'm contacting city ink express with pictures to return them.

Now I've put the OEM inks that were supplied with the printer back in but obviously lucks not with me as the print outs are still awful. Black is fine but the other 3 colours are largely non-existent.

I've just turned the thing off now as the whole things just ridiculous and I didn't really want to be running more than 3 or 4 print head cleans.

Guess I'll see what it's like in the morning but any suggestions as to what I should do to make sure I don't destroy this printer either?

Bare in mind all I've done is pretty much do a couple of print outs with the OEM inks in a brand new printer, put in some refillable cartridges, do a few nozzle checks and cleans, realised the cartridges must be rubbish so put the OEMs back in.

Thanks,
Sean.
Did you remove the "shipping" plugs from the carts before you installed into the printer?

The "shipping" plugs are not the ones you remove when you fill the inks. The shipping plugs would remain out unless you long term store and the "fill" plugs only come out during fill/refill.

Did you fill the carts yourself or were they prefilled for you?, If you filled yourself, did you prime them??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2017 Feb 8, 2017 1:36:22 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Yes I did remove the shipping plugs and I filled them myself. However after watching a youtube video of how to prime a refillable ink cartridge I realise I probably didn't do it correctly. This wasn't really through my own fault as the instructions that came with the cartridges from City Ink Express were for different refillable cartridges.

I contacted them via email and the way they told me how to do it was not the same as the youtube video I watched earlier. I also didn't know anything about 'priming' the carts as , well, I'd never heard of it.

I followed the instructions in the video of how to 're-prime' a refillable ink cartridge and this morning tried the carts in the printer again.

But, the results are the same. I even tried the damp paper towel thing under the print head again and left for a good 20 mins or so. 1 print head clean and a nozzle check and it's still bad.

I'm done with the 7610 and this will be going back as well. I just cannot spend any more time on it as I'm falling behind with everything else now. City Ink Express have agreed to refund me for their cartridges and I'll return the printer to Amazon for a refund/a different printer when I decide what that will be.

Old February 8th, 2017 Feb 8, 2017 1:41:12 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Sean

I've in the mean time been having an interesting conversation with Alex who works for a different 3rd party ink company called 'Ink Express' here in the UK. Alex previously had told me he had pulled refillable ink cartridges from his web site and wasn't selling them due to issues he had with them recently. He seems convinced the issue is actually with the printer itself or the poor print head that is in the 7610 rather than the ink cartridges themselves ...

Might be useful for others who see this thread in the future.

--------------------------------------------

Hi Sean,

Looking at those nozzle check patterns they are really similar to the issues I have been having. Personally I believe the issue is actually the printers, or to be more specific the actual printing heads.

I have taken a set of 'dodgy' T27 ink refilalble ink cartridges that failed to work in my WF7110, I took the chips off and fitted some different chips to fit a different printer.

I then fit the case cartridge cassettes (albeit with a different chip fitted to the front) and installed them in to a WF2630 and they worked perfectly. So in theory the cartridge cassette was fine (it cant be the chip as this only tells the printer ink cartridges are installed) so the only thing left is the printer, or the printer head.

To be frank I do not like the printer head in the printers that use the T27 ink cartridges, it is a 'Precision Core' printer head and it looks to be different to the normal Micropezio printer heads fitted to most Epson inkjet printers. They are very very troublesome with 3rd party inks especially refillable ones.

Alex

Last edited by matesdesign; February 8th, 2017 at 01:49 AM..

Old February 8th, 2017 Feb 8, 2017 5:33:03 AM -   #64 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesdesign
I've in the mean time been having an interesting conversation with Alex who works for a different 3rd party ink company called 'Ink Express' here in the UK. Alex previously had told me he had pulled refillable ink cartridges from his web site and wasn't selling them due to issues he had with them recently. He seems convinced the issue is actually with the printer itself or the poor print head that is in the 7610 rather than the ink cartridges themselves ...

Might be useful for others who see this thread in the future.

--------------------------------------------

Hi Sean,

Looking at those nozzle check patterns they are really similar to the issues I have been having. Personally I believe the issue is actually the printers, or to be more specific the actual printing heads.

I have taken a set of 'dodgy' T27 ink refilalble ink cartridges that failed to work in my WF7110, I took the chips off and fitted some different chips to fit a different printer.

I then fit the case cartridge cassettes (albeit with a different chip fitted to the front) and installed them in to a WF2630 and they worked perfectly. So in theory the cartridge cassette was fine (it cant be the chip as this only tells the printer ink cartridges are installed) so the only thing left is the printer, or the printer head.

To be frank I do not like the printer head in the printers that use the T27 ink cartridges, it is a 'Precision Core' printer head and it looks to be different to the normal Micropezio printer heads fitted to most Epson inkjet printers. They are very very troublesome with 3rd party inks especially refillable ones.

Alex

If your printer is bad then you would see the same issue with original (OEM) carts.

Also, you shouldn't need to clean under the print-head of a brand new printer ....

I had a WF7110 for almost 3 years before it went bad. Same print head and carts used as 7610

Old February 8th, 2017 Feb 8, 2017 7:22:59 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: BrendaPhoto

I agree that the paper corner just might be hitting the printhead.. I actually cut off the corners of my paper with a 1400 that was doing this same thing,, ink blobs. It made a difference.
Maybe the paper is dampish and curling at the corners, just enough.
Might need to have a few more sheets in the feeder to weight the papers down.

Old July 28th, 2017 Jul 28, 2017 3:02:25 PM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Just friendly & helpful

I would return it ,No reason to have that issue out of the box,I just got mine just a couple days ago and it is amazing Photo quality printer my Photography,but i got it for doing Jpss for shirts , i also bought the 2 year extra warranty which the best thing,,I get a new printer before my warranty is up everytime. Im only out tax and a extra set of ink cartridges , But i would really take it back before it gets worse and even tho the problem might go away now ,what if the problem comes back and you have no warranty? Just play it safe and return it.. They are on sale for 149.00 till july 29th.

Old December 30th, 2019 Dec 30, 2019 2:59:29 AM -   #67 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: tommo

use official inks....? does anyone think that maybe it's these cheaper replacememt ink companies that are the real hosers here...? #my2cents #justsayin

Old December 30th, 2019 Dec 30, 2019 5:00:15 AM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

WRSP (tommo) I do believe their is value in sticking with OEM. But, Epson fails to make that value evident.
It is easy to believe a Pezio printhend does magical things with inks containing properties that interact. Does that magic translate into anything meaningful in graphics on T's?
Precision Core......same thing...does the magic translate to meaningful images for T's?
My 3rd pary ink may not contain 'magical pixie dust' but does it matter when printing on fiber?

Now there are obvious issues with 3rd party and CIS. For example, the PRINT HEAD CLEANING cycle uses more ink than the gravitational feed of the cis, so starvation occurs.

I too am having 'blobbing' issues with my WF using subli ink..The office next door, they report when they print mailing labels, those OEM cartridges also blob.

I would like the convenience of OEM supplied inks but I need to know why? Epson should provide some 'real' information about the benefits of their 'pixie dust.' Instead what I hear is 'It voids your warranty!" We all know what that's about.

Old December 30th, 2019 Dec 30, 2019 6:59:08 AM -   #69 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: tommo

totally agree mate.
specifics from Epson would definitely be welcomed.

I mean, if there was nothing different about them surely they would NEVER sell any official ink...?
the difference in price is significant enough to ensure that.

I've had 2 inkjets that have been effectively ruined and I used 'cheap' replacement ink on both.
my current printer however is still running 5 years later, pretty constant use, only official ink used. it's a correlation if nothing else.

This is a discussion about Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in