Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2017 Jan 29, 2017 12:01:59 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hi, the pictures I've posted show printouts from both the paper cassette and from the rear feeder. The problem seems to exist (in varying degrees) in both.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2017 Jan 29, 2017 12:20:15 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included

remove carts, turn off for 5 minutes, turn on, reinstall carts

you should probably pickup some carts/cis from cobra, or inkjetcarts.us (or their uk equivalent),
so you won't get that yellow shift and also save yourself a bunch of money

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 9:27:05 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Your earlier suggesting of leaving the printer in sleep mode rather than turning it off seems to have helped somewhat. The blobbing on the paper edges is minimal now.

I do want to find another supplier of pigments inks here in the U.K.

Open to suggestions from anyone with experience?

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 12:49:34 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Michael

Epson printers are good for this, especially when printing anything near the edge or printing on paper that comes from a roll or thick paper. Have you tried setting the printer to print thick paper? There also might be dust or a hair under your print head and when that hair or dust touches the end of the paper it throw out alot of ink. My Epson used to do this too. You can try cleaning under the print head. Take a single sheet of a paper towel and fold it lengthwise into a 1" strip. Add a little rubbing alcohol to the paper towel. Press the ink button to move the carriage over like you were changing cartridges. Place the paper towel where the print head goes across and press it down. Now move the print head over the paper towel a couple of times and it will clean any dust or hair under head. i have done this for years to clean the bottom of the print head.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 12:55:01 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was having a problem like this with my 1430. When it was coming to printing near the end of the design, as in the finish, I kept hearing this clicking noise and then getting smears at the edge of the paper. What was happening was the paper was curling, and like someone else had mentioned, the printhead was hitting the curl in the paper, thereby rubbing against the paper and dumping ink on the paper. Now when I insert paper, I curl it under a bit so when it gets to that end of the paper, the corner was no longer curling upward.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 1:26:46 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Same happens to me, although it does only happen when I dont use the original cartridges. Usually a few printhead cleans and print alignment does the trick. Also, if I dont use it for a number of days same happens all over again

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 1:53:00 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Evan

I have a WF-7610 and haven't had any problems printing. I used to use 3rd party inks until I got a second unit of an Epson that I had used for years and all of a sudden I had multiple problems so I ditched the 3rd party inks and have not had a problem since.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 5:42:19 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: LaWanda

I too had this issue until I changed the print speed. Unclick the high speed box in the settings. I always run a head cleaning at the beginning of the day, but don't have issues after that. I'm using 3rd party sublimation ink in a CIS system and run RGB colors for best color matching.

If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to email or respond here. I'm not sure if it's ok for me to mention on this forum where I get my ink...?
mgparrish likes this.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 6:21:04 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Juan

Yup Chris109 is correct. Curl all 4 corners so they don't hit the head. I had exact same problem.

Old January 30th, 2017 Jan 30, 2017 10:18:19 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have the same printer and had the same problem. I'd agree with others its usually because of curled paper, not the inks. Just make sure it's not curling too much and it will be fine.

Also if it does happen and covers your reg marks, just cut off the marks from a different sheet and stick it over the ruined one, this works.
matesdesign likes this.

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 12:45:50 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Wow I'm surprised so many of us have had similar issues but am grateful for all the suggested solutions. Lots of things to try thank you everyone!

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 12:47:49 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopear
I have the same printer and had the same problem. I'd agree with others its usually because of curled paper, not the inks. Just make sure it's not curling too much and it will be fine.

Also if it does happen and covers your reg marks, just cut off the marks from a different sheet and stick it over the ruined one, this works.
That's a good idea about using the reg marks from a different sheet

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 2:54:20 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Shirt Lady
I too had this issue until I changed the print speed. Unclick the high speed box in the settings. I always run a head cleaning at the beginning of the day, but don't have issues after that. I'm using 3rd party sublimation ink in a CIS system and run RGB colors for best color matching.

If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to email or respond here. I'm not sure if it's ok for me to mention on this forum where I get my ink...?
Thanks I tried un-clicking the 'high-speed' option this morning and running a print head clean before printing. Although I think the edges of the paper weren't curled down enough as I still experienced some black ink blobs on the edges of the paper.

I'd be interested to know where you get your inks form? I think it's just self-promotion which is frowned upon.

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 5:27:45 AM -   #29 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesdesign
Thanks I tried un-clicking the 'high-speed' option this morning and running a print head clean before printing. Although I think the edges of the paper weren't curled down enough as I still experienced some black ink blobs on the edges of the paper.

I'd be interested to know where you get your inks form? I think it's just self-promotion which is frowned upon.
It wouldn't be self promotion unless one is pitching or suggesting inks they are selling.

Old January 31st, 2017 Jan 31, 2017 9:00:20 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: tommo

i'd try using only official ink mate. i know it's sounds like a cop-out but this happened to me a few years back with a Brother A3 printer. All i ever used were 'alternative' cartridges and, whilst it gave me a good couple of years, when it started to blob and smear, it never resolved itself fully.
I've had an Epson since and it has never done this. All i use are Epson ink replacements. More expensive for sure, but you can usually find deals on ebay or the like.
My 2 cents.

This is a discussion about Black ink blobs ruining printouts? WF-7610 pic included that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in