Which OKI printer are the guys using for white by just swapping in a white cartridge.. - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Which OKI printer are the guys using for white by just swapping in a white cartridge..

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 22nd, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 8:09:57 PM -   #16 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,143 Times in 845 Posts

Default Re: Which OKI printer are the guys using for white by just swapping in a white cartridge..

Rhinotech has the WY, WM, White drum/cartridge for 300 series: RT SunAngel Printer Toner

If you buy just the cartridges make sure you clean the M and Y drum hoppers. The company sells the White drum assembly also. Be aware that the toner capacity is only 3K at 5% coverage. Call the company and ask what you need from the list. Not sure what BC Primer is for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2016 Sep 23, 2016 7:34:14 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Scott
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Which OKI printer are the guys using for white by just swapping in a white cartridge..

Oh..is that one for the 331/301...I had looked at it before but could not tell. Well that is cool. I too woll have to call and see what it requires to do it.
thanks

Old September 23rd, 2016 Sep 23, 2016 12:01:54 PM -   #18 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,143 Times in 845 Posts

Sun Angel System in UK uses 2 OKI 321 printers.

Old October 11th, 2018 Oct 11, 2018 5:21:01 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ramon

Would it be possible to use my old OKI C801 to print White? It is only getting dust for a long time now... and i was almost ready to buy a second hand HP 1215 tu use with a Ghost white toner when I got an offer of a second hand OKI 711WT and then I thought... I still have this old c801 and it "looks" just like the c711, but it's A3... so it would be great if I could use it to print white... even if it was switching Black and White toner printing 1 pass (but of course, printing CMY-W in 1 pass would be even better) thanks in advance for your help.

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 4:19:59 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The Oki 331 is not a good printer for the application you want to do with white toner.
You also need to be very careful with the newer model Oki printers because when you switch out the black and replace it with white the RF chip will record the change and when you switch back to black it will set off a ERROR code that will give you problems you don,t want to encounter.
You need to either use a white toner printer only or an older model Oki that doesn,t have RF chips in them.
I don,t refill the cartridge with white toner I refill the drum after cleaning it out.
AL

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 4:23:38 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublial
The Oki 331 is not a good printer for the application you want to do with white toner.
You also need to be very careful with the newer model Oki printers because when you switch out the black and replace it with white the RF chip will record the change and when you switch back to black it will set off a ERROR code that will give you problems you don,t want to encounter.
You need to either use a white toner printer only or an older model Oki that doesn,t have RF chips in them.
I don,t refill the cartridge with white toner I refill the drum after cleaning it out.
AL
I guess this also counts for my C801... :-(

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 4:44:03 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You need to clean a drum and tape the cartridge so it doesn,t release the black toner. Then refill the drum with white toner and only use it for a dedicated white printer.
There are a lot of c711wt used on ebay for sale as well as other Oki printers.
AL

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 4:52:53 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublial
You need to clean a drum and tape the cartridge so it doesn,t release the black toner. Then refill the drum with white toner and only use it for a dedicated white printer.
There are a lot of c711wt used on ebay for sale as well as other Oki printers.
AL
OK, thank you... I will think about that.

About the c711WT, here in Spain I have found 2 second hand units but both around 1.000€ And when I saw the picture of the 711 I thought it looked very similar to my old c801 and that maybe I could start using it again (And being A3 is also a plus)

I guess 1 pass CMY+W printing will not be possible with the c801 is it? (I guess white overprinting is handled by the special driver or RIP?)

Thanks for all your attention!

Old October 12th, 2018 Oct 12, 2018 5:21:28 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

you can use your c801 as white only and use the color sublimation ink jet printer for your color. Print the white on one paper and the ink jet on the transfer paper and marry the two together such as the Image Clip for darks paper.

Old November 16th, 2018 Nov 16, 2018 10:56:16 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Where do you buy the white toner at and Where do you buy the color toner at and can you use it for sublimation

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 4:55:25 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

sublimation toner has been made and marketed as far back as 2001. You have to have all of the drums cleaned from OEM toners prior to installimg sublimation toners.
You ask where you can buy this? I suggest you google for it or search ebay and Amazon for suppliers.

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 6:54:28 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I did search Google for white toner and color toners for sublimation and did not find anything

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 7:06:57 AM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcdheatpress
I did search Google for white toner and color toners for sublimation and did not find anything
just search: SUBLIMATION TONERS

and you will get several websites.

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 8:14:22 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Can you get ebay in Spain?

Old November 18th, 2018 Nov 18, 2018 8:16:21 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

All right thank you I will try eBay

This is a discussion about Which OKI printer are the guys using for white by just swapping in a white cartridge.. that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in