Fill an inkjet cartridge with plastisol? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Fill an inkjet cartridge with plastisol?

Like Tree17Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2020 Apr 17, 2020 4:48:12 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fill an inkjet cartridge with plastisol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
because one member is feeling more irascible than usual.
That's me...., but I only stated the obvious, and then went on giving the info for both subjects anyway.

Solvent inkjet printers are used to make those transfers, and the ink is oil based (just like plastisol) but very thin so it can go through the printhead. The reason I mentioned this method is because it is relevant to the original subject (inkJet).

DST is a similar process using laser printers, but the quality is not as good.
into the T likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2020 Apr 17, 2020 5:57:54 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn15
Gotcha, I was looking for help and this thread came across on Google and it was a general question that caught my interests. By looking at their product I could not tell how 'they' were doing it and I did not intend to give them marketing by no means (they are too high and I have removed the name from my post). I honestly thought there may be a new way of using plastisol through a specific print head like some sublimation inks???

I will definitely be more careful before I reference this forum again. Two people giving me brutally honest feedback is enough for me to steer clear unless I have all of my ducks in a row. Sorry for being green.
After reading Mike's explanation, this appears to be a legitimate question which may or may not be interpreted as spam.

But no, you cannot put plastisol into an inkjet cardrige. Don't even think about it.

(But I vote Mike gets to stay.)

Old April 17th, 2020 Apr 17, 2020 6:04:01 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn15
I will definitely be more careful before I reference this forum again. Two people giving me brutally honest feedback is enough for me to steer clear unless I have all of my ducks in a row. Sorry for being green.
you seem surprised by the assertion that your post appeared spammy
my only thrust was to point out how your post could be construed as such

people generally come to the forum for feedback, to learn or share (or some combination thereof)
others come to look for a shortcut (like how to print stolen artwork cheaply), or to advertise their products/services for free

unfortunately the ratio of the former to the latter is not as wide as you might imagine, hence Tabob's assertion
(and he still did help anyway, in case he was wrong in that assertion, or for the future?)

even now, if you were to post a new thread asking for help about xyz, you would receive help

you have to remember that most of these cats on here are pros and they freely share their time and knowledge
it's like university, but free (although the profs can be sassy)

brush this one off, and come back anytime for questions or share what you have learned

Old April 19th, 2020 Apr 19, 2020 4:30:39 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

It is up to the moderators to flag posts a spam, not us.
If we don't like a post then use the 'Report Bad Post' button at the bottom left of each post, and let the moderator make his decision.

The question was a perfectly legitimate extension to the original thread precisely because DST transfers are printed onto a plastisol like base and very evidently look like they have come from an inkjet printer (although they are actually from a laser printer).

There is not a lot of information about DST on the forum, largely because it is a little known process pioneered by a smaller Danish company. It is fair to assume that, without knowing the process used, this thread was the closest in scope to the mn15's question.

Criticism of mn15 is not valid in any way and has got out of proportion.
I suspect this is largely because many members of the forum are unfamilier with DST and would'nt recognise a DST transfer if it bit them.

Therefore they don't comprehend the validity of mn15's question and are wrongly suggesting it is irrelevant to the thread.

mn15, you are not responsible for members lack of knowledge of a specific process.
into the T likes this.

Last edited by PatWibble; April 19th, 2020 at 04:49 AM..

Old April 19th, 2020 Apr 19, 2020 5:06:44 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Did we get all that out of the way? Good! Now we can get back to discussing sublimating onto dark cotton garments.
into the T likes this.

Old April 19th, 2020 Apr 19, 2020 9:17:48 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

i recommend watching 'rear window' to understand where we are going

here is a clip to whet your whistle

This is a discussion about Fill an inkjet cartridge with plastisol? that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in