Oki 711wt - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Oki 711wt

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2016 Feb 2, 2016 4:20:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Oki 711wt

I attached a design someone showed me. is the oki printer able to do this and will look similar ? or much different?

also will it require lot of tinkering and have to use a rip?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panda.jpg (51.3 KB, 75 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2016 Feb 2, 2016 4:33:48 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: Oki 711wt

Forgot to say the green is the color of tshirt so it will not be boxed more concerened abut the shadows.. will the come out the way in the artwork?

Old February 3rd, 2016 Feb 3, 2016 4:05:34 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Adam

Hello! This graphic will print fine. You'll need to remove the green background and make it transparent before printing.

Old February 3rd, 2016 Feb 3, 2016 11:23:54 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayukish
Hello! This graphic will print fine. You'll need to remove the green background and make it transparent before printing.
So i just take the magic lasso and remove the green portion and print it on photoshop without the 599 rip right? the shadow portion will just be circular correct?

Is there lot of flaking on these printers (i heard the white is prone to it..

Old February 3rd, 2016 Feb 3, 2016 11:29:38 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Adam

Shouldn't be any flaking with the White toner if you're using the Forever Paper. I haven't seen it, personally. I can print the file for you so you can see what it looks like, if you'd like!

Old February 3rd, 2016 Feb 3, 2016 4:47:00 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,143 Times in 845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyisland90
So i just take the magic lasso and remove the green portion and print it on photoshop without the 599 rip right? the shadow portion will just be circular correct?
You use the Magic Eraser not Magic Lasso. It is easier. Make sure that you lower the tolerance so the dark green shadow or dark green text is not deleted. If it gets deleted press Ctrl Z. Lower the Tolerance then click the green with Magic Eraser again. Keep going back and forth until the dark green shadow or dark green text is not deleted. Zoom in small areas that has green like inside letter O etc. then click with magic eraser. Mirror the canvas before you print it.

TransferRip will put tiny holes in the image. So the shirt color will show through those holes. What version Photoshop are you using? Your image is made of small objects so you don't need to rip it. Rip works best with large full color image.

If you have Photoshop CS or CC you don't need to spend another $599.00. You can do the Rip in Photoshop. I put together Actions that will do two types of rip. One I called CMYW Raster. It removes big chunk of the shadows and some mid tones. So there is hardly color image left. The holes are variable size. The other is CMYW Macro Raster. The whole image is filled with uniform size dots that are close to each other. Anything that is not inside the dots are removed. The sample photos were done with CMYW Macro Raster. They all process with a click of a button.

The first one is mirrored without black background as produced by the action. It is ready to print. The second is normal facing with black background to simulate the color of the shirt. The third is closeup of the eyes without black background. The last is the closeup with black background. Notice the areas that are not inside the dots. They are showing as blank when there is no background or black with dark background. Click each attachment then click it again so it can be displayed larger in the browser page. Zoom 200% or keep pressing CTRL+ keys to keep enlarging it to get a better look of the holes. Keep pressing CTRL- keys to bring image size back to normal size.
Attached Images
File Type: png BEAGLE-Rip-Mirrored.png (311.5 KB, 228 views)
File Type: png BEAGLE-Rip-black-background.png (300.3 KB, 233 views)
File Type: png BEAGLE-Rip-closeup-noback.png (336.0 KB, 228 views)
File Type: png BEAGLE-Rip-closeup-wback.png (320.9 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by Lnfortun; February 5th, 2016 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Added more text and attachments.

Old February 5th, 2016 Feb 5, 2016 2:29:45 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Are the actions available and cost of them ?

Old February 5th, 2016 Feb 5, 2016 6:30:22 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,143 Times in 845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird1963
Please check your PM.

Thank you.

Old May 6th, 2016 May 6, 2016 3:46:57 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hallo lnfortun,
Can I have this actions also?
This is great (sorry for my bad English )

Old May 6th, 2016 May 6, 2016 4:32:06 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnfortun
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird1963
Please check your PM.

Thank you.
Hallo Lnfortun, Can I have this actions also? This is great (sorry for my bad English )

Old January 7th, 2020 Jan 7, 2020 11:26:29 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hi, know I'm digging up an old post! I'm a newbie and have sourced an Oki c610 and some white toner. Are your Photoshop actions still available? also interested in the white mask action.

This is a discussion about Oki 711wt that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in