[Epson Printers] New C88+ with factory cartridges are good for Sublimation ? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

[Epson Printers] New C88+ with factory cartridges are good for Sublimation ?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 3:57:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New C88+ with factory cartridges are good for Sublimation ?

I am new to sublimation. Just started a small business. I bought 4-in-1 sublimation heat transfer equipment for T-Shirts, Mugs, Plates and Caps, along with some sample sublimation papers. I also bought C88+ printer which came with 4 cartridges. I printed on the sublimation paper sample and tried to sublimate on the mug, nothing was sublimated. I tried printing on the reverse side of the paper assuming that I printed on wrong side, but didn't help. But when I used pre-printed sample (that came with the equipment with a color photo from the ), it sublimated very nicely. I have ordered brand new sublimation papers TruPix and tried, but was not successful. Please help !! Should I buy separate ink system for sublimation ? or anything else is needed to make it work. I appreciate your help. My settings are 320 degrees C for 40 secs sublimation time, as instructed from the equipment booklet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 4:23:01 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Marcelo

Default Re: New C88+ with factory cartridges are good for Sublimation ?

You need to use ink for sublimation. Pigment ink will not work.
Sublimation ink available are Artanium and Sublijet, both from Sawgrass. They are about $75 for each color.

The Following User Says Thank You to marcelolopez For This Useful Post:
valdito (May 29th, 2009)
Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 4:28:15 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the information. So, the ink cartridges that come with Epson C88+ ( bought in Amazon.com) are not good for sublimation, I have to buy these inks separately. I appreciate if you guide me the best place to buy this ink.

Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 4:32:49 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

I bought my sub ink from Coastal Bussiness .
The ink that came with your printer will not work, it is pigment ink, you need sublimation ink.
I bought Artanium, which I believe is cheaper than Sublijet.
I works wonderfully.

Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 4:42:20 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you so much for the help. Now I know why I am not able to print on the mugs, struggling for last 7 days !! Thanks a bunch. Also, I am seeing information about ICC profiles, but still didn't quite get it. As a beginner, do I need to buy ICC profiles also for printing on Mugs/T-shirts or they are not necessary ?

Old October 4th, 2008 Oct 4, 2008 5:19:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

They say you do need the ICC profile. I think yes, you need it. I hope some one else might correct me or add more to my post

Old October 5th, 2008 Oct 5, 2008 9:41:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

The correct ICC profile lets the correct color show on the finished item. When you buy sublimation ink cars...$75-$85 either sublijet or artainium the vendor should give you the profile. Sublijet is easier to set up as you merely run the CD and it does the rest for the printer you select.

Since you indicate you use 320C..you must be in Europe and an additional ink is available there..it is Rotech but since 2005 all three inks I have mentioned are owned by Sawgrass

And you are using too much heat... for sublimation on most things you would use 204C (400 F)...the time will depend on the material...50 sec or so for polyester...3-4 min for most mugs..but you should follow the guide lines from the vendor of the item

The Following User Says Thank You to charles95405 For This Useful Post:
marcelolopez (October 5th, 2008)
Old October 5th, 2008 Oct 5, 2008 4:20:08 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you Charles. I mentioned wrong earlier. I use 320 F, i am in US.

Old October 5th, 2008 Oct 5, 2008 4:33:49 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Don't forget to abuse the 5% discount for being a forum member if you order from Coastal, look at:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/exclusi...erred-vendors/
for more details. If you are planning on doing lots and lots of sublimating, you may wish to get the bulk ink system, which will save you money for the long haul. If you're just testing the market, then try the carts.

Old October 7th, 2008 Oct 7, 2008 8:46:34 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We provide our profiles free of charge to our clients. Many of the our profiles are made by us. There is more to this then a profile but it is an important element. I do strongly recommend a bulk ink system as the cartridges hold a very small amount of ink and are expensive per ml compared to bulk ink.

This is a discussion about New C88+ with factory cartridges are good for Sublimation ? that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in