Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 3rd, 2008 Oct 3, 2008 2:22:15 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs

Good evening,

Any sugestions towards what is a good quality reliable laser printer for 11"x17" printing of weedless type laser papers. We need to produce approx 100 per hour. Will our 5 heat presses achieve this with the two step process required for this paper which the name escapes me at the time.

Thank You

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2008 Oct 3, 2008 2:50:37 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Default Re: Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs

I would recommend the Okidata C8800 ...and workhorse and great output..price around $2,000 USD...depending on where you are

The Following User Says Thank You to charles95405 For This Useful Post:
leadergrafx (October 3rd, 2008)
Old October 6th, 2008 Oct 6, 2008 9:21:12 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs

This is good information. I am trying to decide on which laser printer to buy. A significant percentage of my heat transfer customers will want 11x17 size prints. Now I just have to figure out what paper to stock. I am staying away from dark colored shirts.

Old October 6th, 2008 Oct 6, 2008 10:50:53 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: TM

Click on Charles sig link for one good paper option (Duracotton) the other paper that works well is ImageClip. Each has its own quirks and limitations. Duracotton is easiest to do on whites, ImageClip can be put on more colors but is a more time consuming process and depending on your success with the first step, your final transfer will vary. I personally prefer Duracotton for its consistency.

This is a discussion about Suggestions for 11"x17" color laser printer suitable for mid production runs that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in