OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement) - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement)

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2017 Mar 22, 2017 11:17:48 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Brett
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement)

If you refill does it detect the levels in the machine or just when using OEM OKI white toner?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 2:43:21 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Promo & Print

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdesigns
Here is a source:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Zinetic Google plus: https://plus.google.com/+ZineticCoUktoner/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zineticcouk Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/zinetic-co-uk
Thanks Brenda,
Just placed an order on a white toner and hopefully it will be a good quality.
T Shirts Authority

Old May 9th, 2017 May 9, 2017 5:50:33 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi, just wondering if you received your white toner, and what is your opinion on it? I am also thinking of placing an order, and would love to hear any feedback you have.

Old May 12th, 2017 May 12, 2017 11:32:36 AM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,143 Times in 845 Posts

ATTTransfer or ATI sells generic white toner refill. I believe his price for C711WT is $285.00.

Old July 31st, 2017 Jul 31, 2017 9:01:29 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi! How did the white toner work out? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old July 31st, 2017 Jul 31, 2017 9:06:36 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi!

Any luck with the kits for OKI white toner that you tried? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Old August 6th, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 6:13:29 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Christopher
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

No idea how the generic white toner works, but I have a different approach to cut down toner costs, especially on white.

On average, I save about 40 percent then, so don't bother with taking the risk of using generic toner.
Also have no idea how this would affect your OKI warranty, when they find out that you have used third party toners.

The Following User Says Thank You to FOREVERCS For This Useful Post:
leila921 (August 10th, 2017)
Old August 10th, 2017 Aug 10, 2017 12:41:49 PM -   #38 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi! What is your trick for saving on white toner? Also, are you using forever laser dark paper....just want to know if the method you are using affects the transfer process using this paper?

Old August 10th, 2017 Aug 10, 2017 5:36:21 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Christopher
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@leila921

The OKI on its own simply prints way too much white, that's why there are programs like transfer RIP.

It reduces white to amount that is actually needed and saves you roughly 40 of toner costs.
I neat side effect is, that darker colours improve as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to FOREVERCS For This Useful Post:
leila921 (August 16th, 2017)
Old August 16th, 2017 Aug 16, 2017 3:53:02 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Your warranty is effected the day you open your box, have you ever tried claiming on your warranty, good luck.I can't speak for oki USA but as for oki UK, I as a person with no experience was left with my mouth open on a few occasions, the garbage that came out of their mouths was , well I still don't have words for it.The toner will be fine, more of it and better quality. I changed and have never been happier, just waiting for a manufacturer other then oki to come out with a white printer so I can start doing some high quality stuff. With the proper backup and support.
leila921 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moto3103 For This Useful Post:
leila921 (August 16th, 2017)
Old August 16th, 2017 Aug 16, 2017 1:51:23 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto3103
Your warranty is effected the day you open your box, have you ever tried claiming on your warranty, good luck.I can't speak for oki USA but as for oki UK, I as a person with no experience was left with my mouth open on a few occasions, the garbage that came out of their mouths was , well I still don't have words for it.The toner will be fine, more of it and better quality. I changed and have never been happier, just waiting for a manufacturer other then oki to come out with a white printer so I can start doing some high quality stuff. With the proper backup and support.
I am out of warranty anyway since I bought my Oki used. Oh well. What toner are you using?

Old August 16th, 2017 Aug 16, 2017 2:29:06 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I your printer is out of warranty they won't even speak to you and give advice, as they ask for your serial number before they talk to you. I replaced all my drums, toner, fuser and transfer belt with original oki products, my printer for some reason did not recognise the new item(a fault of my own) when I called them up for advice they told me my printer was out of warranty and they could not help me, but could get a partner company to come out as my printer is damaged, at a cost that just blew my mind. So even if you buy their products and spend a fortune ,they don't give any back you up if your printer is out of warranty??.Got it sorted out with one phone call and 2min of their time, thats when I started supporting them. I use a company in the UK, they refill and supply premium toner. Best choice I ever made. It could just all be in my mind but, my colours seem brighter and more vibrant. And they support all the products, give advice on any problem, and always take the time to sort out any problems if they do happen(even with my printer)even helped me set up my printer properly for transfer paper, so why should I listen to oki and use their products, its going to damage my printer?? thats laughable. I am starting to look at other laser printers, seems like a few folk are getting really good and consistent results from other brands.

Old May 2nd, 2018 May 2, 2018 5:18:54 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brenda

Hi Moto. From which UK company are you using toner? I just installed a magenta, and , using the same parameters, after marrying to the B sheet, there is the magenta parts of my design remaining on the B sheet. The cyan was great, but the white was ghosting and I needed to return for refund.
Might anyone has a suggestion for my problem?
I tried 45psi 95 sec and 325 F
TIA
Brenda

Old May 2nd, 2018 May 2, 2018 7:21:53 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Brenda

I had the same problem it all went really well with the replacement toners for the first month or so then everything started going wrong. At first I thought it was me user error then I tried a older laser printer I had and it was fine. So I then tried the printer with the replacement toners once again and it was just was getting worse and worse. I re ordered more toners and drums and the white replacement for my Oki c830 from the same supplier and it was to say the least terrible. I had the same ghosting with the white you talking about and I returned everything for a refund. I also found out that these replacement toner and drums are just old drums cleaned out and re chipped and the toner they use is the cheapest money can buy. Not what I was told when I purchased the I was told it was premium toner its not.

I should have come on here earlier and posted this as I was the one who said the replacement toners worked really well but I retract every word I said. And as for the white replacement what a joke good luck to anybody that think thats going to work. It was ghosting and the reason it ghosts is that they use old drums clean them and fill them with white toner they don't re-coat the drums this is what I have been told it cost me a lot of money and customers as it did not work. I bought the new pro8432wt and forever transfer rip and I am the happiest camper now my work is going out happy customers and no problems what so ever. I was not happy they way they handled me before I bought my new printer and nearly decided against it. But it was for me to further my business not for them. I replaced all my toner and drums with original Oki ones in my Oki c830 and its perfect so I use that for all my cmyk light prints and its working fine. I bought my replacement toners and white replacement toners from tonerman uk but will never try something that stupid again.

My apologies if I sent anybody down the same road I went. Its months after this all happened and I am still apologising to customers and now on here. Stay far away from these replacement toners and this white replacement system that is going to save you thousands of pounds it won't it will cost you everything you worked so hard for .

Last edited by Moto3103; May 2nd, 2018 at 07:43 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Moto3103 For This Useful Post:
bwdesigns (May 2nd, 2018)
Old October 9th, 2019 Oct 9, 2019 8:42:36 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoandprint
Thanks Brenda,
Just placed an order on a white toner and hopefully it will be a good quality.
T Shirts Authority
Hi, any update about your OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement)?

This is a discussion about OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement) that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in