OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement) - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement)

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 29th, 2016 Feb 29, 2016 9:47:13 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement)

the 299 one on ebay still seems bit pricey.. im sure there will be lot of lower priced white toners if it was in demand.. BTW how many prints can i get from a new white toner? (or how many tees i can print)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2016 Feb 29, 2016 9:57:34 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

$299 is the cheapest one I found (and the only one at that price). The second cheapest is $399. Everyone else wants $499+. I go through a lot of white toner so I'm CONSTANTLY on the search for the best price.

The yield count on one of these cartridges is 6,000 pages, but I think they rate a "page" as being printed only 10% of the page. So it would entirely depend on how large the image is on your transfer and how much black is used (since white is used everywhere on the graphic except for black).

Old March 1st, 2016 Mar 1, 2016 10:50:39 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yeah 6k prints doesn't seem accurate. Do you know about how many prints you were getting? I think that will give me rough ideal of how much I should adjust cost of my shirts. Or if i should just go DTG as there inks are really low now due to many competitions.

Old March 1st, 2016 Mar 1, 2016 11:05:04 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I honestly couldn't say how many as I've never kept track. Maybe 1,000. There's pros and cons to DTG vs transfer paper. One thing that scares me about DTG is that you have to bleed the lines if you won't be using the machine for a couple of days. Otherwise, the ink will dry up.

Old March 1st, 2016 Mar 1, 2016 2:21:25 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

whoa 1k to the 6k advertised is quite a big gap. Well, i'm guessing its not even full page white prints either right. I guess it all depends on how many shirts you can bust out with it and eventually get your moneys worth

but yeah dtg has too many things popping up it seems. However I had lot of issues with laser printers with what i owned in the past i hope that this will be a workhorse and go the distance.

Old March 1st, 2016 Mar 1, 2016 2:35:59 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

When ANY of the toner cartridges display their yield (ex: 6,000) it's never meant that you can print 6,000 pages at 100% covering of the page. Most are only referring to 10% of the page. Therefore, when a graphic usually covers about 70% of the page then 1,000 is about right (on average).

Old March 1st, 2016 Mar 1, 2016 6:01:14 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

So 1000 prints that yield 70% of page at 300$ white toner is not bad. I think. How much do you think your total cost is per shirt in just the transfer paper and ink only? (i'm assuming your using forever dark or whatever it is called)

Old March 2nd, 2016 Mar 2, 2016 2:07:31 PM -   #23 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,144 Times in 845 Posts

Usually total pages per cartridge is based on full page text which is about 10% coverage and not graphics. 6000 seems a lot but in reality it is magnitude less per cartridge. Okidata white toner printer floods the colors with white toner, except black, to increase opacity and compensates for very light color part of the artwork. So if you have wide area of black the white consumption is lesser. Even though black is not flooded with white toner it still in contact with the white opaque polymer so the black is muted.

This came out of C711WT specification footnote:

"1 Published performance results based on laboratory testing.
Individual results may vary.
2 CMY toner life based on ISO 19798; White toner life based on 5%
coverage. Printer ships with 4,000-page CMY and 2,300-page
White “starter” toner cartridges.
3 Estimated life, based on 3 pages per job.
4 Available in the U.S. and Canada only."

Last edited by Lnfortun; March 2nd, 2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old March 3rd, 2016 Mar 3, 2016 5:21:18 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijoat
$299 is the cheapest one I found (and the only one at that price). The second cheapest is $399. Everyone else wants $499+. I go through a lot of white toner so I'm CONSTANTLY on the search for the best price.

The yield count on one of these cartridges is 6,000 pages, but I think they rate a "page" as being printed only 10% of the page. So it would entirely depend on how large the image is on your transfer and how much black is used (since white is used everywhere on the graphic except for black).
This is where the real ROI for the Forever TransferRIP comes into play. The standard OKI driver puts down about the equivalent of 300% coverage where white "fills up" color values to the 300% level - which is also why you don't see white on Black since black is 100% CMY.

300% coverage is actually too much as it reduces overall durability. With the Forever Transfer rip you can adjust the amount of white and we recommend from 150% to 200% as the recommended level.

This is 1/3 to 1/2 saving of your white toner. The Rip has a retail price of $600 and with the toner price above then the rip pays for itself in as quick as 3 cartridges.

Also I have heard from several people that the more realistic number for prints per cartridge is around 1800.

Old July 12th, 2016 Jul 12, 2016 1:51:57 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike

I have found this vendor for white toner powder on Alibaba,with a minimum order quantity of 1 kilogram.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0.0.H6nOnd&s=p

I'm still contemplating buying a white toner printer, but the availability and the prices of white toner cartridges make me have second thoughts about that.
On the Alibaba link there's also a picture with printed samples.
To be honest the brightness and vividness of the white doesn't impress me that much.
I have seen some tutorial vids from Conde Systems on the Oki white toner printers and the white printing I saw in those videos seemed much brighter and vivid to me.
But as I don't own a Oki printer as of yet I can't really say something about that.
Maybe some of the Oki-owners on here can comment on the quality.

Old July 27th, 2016 Jul 27, 2016 7:32:42 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Just found this seller on Ebay who's offering a 1 kilogram (2,2 lbs) bag of white toner for about $ 383 (shipping not included)
I think I've read somewhere else that the contents of a refilled Oki white cartridge was about 150 grams (0,33 lbs).
So this bag should be good for a little over 6 refills

White Toner Bulk Bag for Oki C711WT C920WT 1kg 44318657 44318661 44036059 | eBay

They're based in the UK and here's their regular website
They mention that you should read the instructions on their website carefully !

TonerTopUp toner refills simply refill your Oki C711WT White laser cartridge.

Old September 2nd, 2016 Sep 2, 2016 7:43:50 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mr Tinker

Did you end up using that Top Up Tone from the UK? if so how did it work for you? Did you buy the chips from them too?

Old September 2nd, 2016 Sep 2, 2016 8:08:26 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by POHOUSE
Mr Tinker

Did you end up using that Top Up Tone from the UK? if so how did it work for you? Did you buy the chips from them too?
No, not yet..
I'm still preparing my startup and an OKI white printer is still on my shortlist of equipment to buy I have to say.
In the meantime I have also found a few suppliers on Alibaba.
There are that have minimum order quantities as low as 0,1 kg or 1 kg.
Often these Chinese companies have a sample option available as well.
So maybe you could try that.

Old March 22nd, 2017 Mar 22, 2017 9:10:20 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brenda

Here:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Zinetic Google plus: https://plus.google.com/+ZineticCoUktoner/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zineticcouk Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/zinetic-co-uk

Old March 22nd, 2017 Mar 22, 2017 9:11:41 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brenda

Here is a source:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Zinetic Google plus: https://plus.google.com/+ZineticCoUktoner/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zineticcouk Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/zinetic-co-uk

This is a discussion about OKI C711WT Toner (refill or replacement) that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in