Best Ink for Inkjet printers and transfers - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Best Ink for Inkjet printers and transfers

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 31st, 2012 May 31, 2012 5:49:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best Ink for Inkjet printers and transfers

I am looking for the best ink for my EPSON Inkjet to use for t shirt transfers. I have been using the durabrite which came with the printer but would like to find the best ink that will not fade after washing and is easy to replace in my EPSON. I have been seeing some positive posts about Cobra Ink but most of the posts I find are older.

What is your favorite ink?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2012 May 31, 2012 7:26:33 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy

Default Re: Best Ink for Inkjet printers and transfers

I'm not buying anything else but Cobra Ink from now on, great ink and great customer service

Old June 1st, 2012 Jun 1, 2012 11:46:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Personally, I can't hit any bright greens or blues with my 1100 with Cobra Inks. I am thinking about trying STS Inks.

Sent from my iPhone Killer using the T-Shirt Forums app.

Old June 1st, 2012 Jun 1, 2012 3:56:32 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mikel
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

My cobra ink colors are spot on and I use a color grid to pick exact tones to account for monitor calibration. My spot colors have been very crisp and washability on dark and light garment transfers has been leaps and bounds more then I expected and I abused the test prints. I use a ripp for film positives using all channels and the opacity is excellent. what can I say, it does everything I need it to do and stuff I don't know I need it to do yet (but I am sure it will once I do).

I am very happy with the pricing, color profiles, and documentation from cobra. Do a search on the forums and you will find that cobra has the best overall reviews. Just like every vendor you will find some pissed off people if you look but 98 percent will be happy to glowing comments. That was good enough for me.

My two cents. Toss them in a well and make a wish.

Old June 1st, 2012 Jun 1, 2012 8:31:30 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have general-purpose refill inks in my 1100 and not specifically heat transfer inks. I can't get good blues out of it either, it has the same dull blue gamut that the old C88/C88+ had. Profiled, the colors were more "vibrant", but still not what I needed (bright sapphire, light cyan, and teals). I think it's the nature of the beast and nothing to do with the inks. I refuse to try the OEM inks in my 1100 because I'm trying to sell them, but I did try the OEM inks in my C88 way back when and it made zero difference. I think some people simply don't notice or don't have a problem with Epson 4-color pigment low gamut, while other people need better color matching.

I need to send some prints from my 1400 with pigments in it out for color profiling. My R220 with pigments was more than capable of printing the bright blues that the C88 could not deliver, so I'm hoping the 1400 will be able to do it too. Some of my unprofiled tests have output the right color blue from the wrong color swatches so I think it will work.

Old June 2nd, 2012 Jun 2, 2012 7:52:41 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Yep. I too tried cobra's profiles, but to no avail. I believe it is the nature of the beast. It was the same with the factory inks too.

I just got my new Epson 7520 and it hits some brite colors. These were just from a scan.

Sent from my iPhone Killer using T-Shirt Forums app.

Old June 2nd, 2012 Jun 2, 2012 7:56:59 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Oops. Here is the pic.

Sent from my iPhone Killer using T-Shirt Forums app.

Old June 3rd, 2012 Jun 3, 2012 9:13:13 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
Personally, I can't hit any bright greens or blues with my 1100 with Cobra Inks. I am thinking about trying STS Inks.

Sent from my iPhone Killer using the T-Shirt Forums app.
Cobra inks on a WF1100 and JPSS. Top is with profile bottom is without. The profile allows more "pop" however without the profile you get more accuracy.

Make sure you are not working in a CMYK workspace, greens and blues have less gamut! In the Epson driver use "Adobe RGB 1998" it is a wider gamut also.

This is a discussion about Best Ink for Inkjet printers and transfers that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in