T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Plastisol Transfers

Plastisol Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the many aspects of plastisol (screen printed) heat transfers. Topics include where to buy, how to put them on t-shirts, quality, pictures, stock (pre printed) transfers and more. Read the definition of a plastisol transfer here.

Printing 1 color transfers for labels?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Day Ago Nov 27, 2019 2:42:15 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tyler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Post Printing 1 color transfers for labels?

So the shop I work at has decided to make a clothing line of its own. This has been really fun, but problems to solve crop up of course. I'm here looking for help with one of those problems

Labels... We want to have a consistent tagless label used on all the pieces. In researching and asking other printers we know, we found that Plastisol Transfers might be a great option. But we need more info!

It's surprisingly difficult to find info on blank transfer paper, while custom or stock plastisol prints are everywhere. So, what are the highest quality plastisol transfer papers? What is the best USA supplier selling them, and the other products used in plastisol transfers?

Basically the pieces we are putting out are sweatshirts and simply screen printing a tagless label on that fleece inner part of the garment is so inconsistent and ugly. Hoping this solves that issue
[/FONT]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Day Ago Nov 27, 2019 12:20:57 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Printing 1 color transfers for labels?

We've been printing our own plastisol transfers for 30 years. We use Arjowiggins T75 paper. You can also now get transfer paper from OneStrokeInks.com I recently did an order of 300 sweatshirts that were printed on the hoods so I did tranfers and pressed on my hat press. Much easier than trying to print on the hoods.

Old 1 Day Ago Nov 27, 2019 4:11:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

If you don't usually do transfers I would just order them. It's not hard or complicated but requires precise temperature control.

Old 13 Hours Ago Nov 28, 2019 7:26:02 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Larry
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have not done transfers in a long time , but I used parchment paper very cheap but works good . Like everything the pre curing time and temp is very important . If you are doing alot do a gang transfer sheet and be done with it

Old 6 Hours Ago Nov 28, 2019 2:02:18 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,524 Times in 2,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutuala1d
Basically the pieces we are putting out are sweatshirts and simply screen printing a tagless label on that fleece inner part of the garment is so inconsistent and ugly. Hoping this solves that issue[/FONT]

Transfers on fleece is not much less ugly. It's why you don't see a lot of tagless sweats.

Workarounds are 1) print 2 color transfers with a solid background block &/or 2) use clippers to shave away an area to have a bare surface to transfer/screen print.

Also, if you're a screen printer, why go through 2 steps to get tagless labels? It doubles your labor cost. Just screen direct on your garments.

Old 1 Hour Ago Nov 28, 2019 7:40:34 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
Also, if you're a screen printer, why go through 2 steps to get tagless labels? It doubles your labor cost. Just screen direct on your garments.
No it doesn't, you can use cheaper labor, temporaries, or have office staff or helpers press during slow times. That's what we did back when I was still pulling a squeegee, although we printed our own transfers. Plus hat presses are cheaper than printing presses. No need to tie up expensive presses and labor just for labels.

This is a discussion about Printing 1 color transfers for labels? that was posted in the Plastisol Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in