T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Plastisol Transfers

Plastisol Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the many aspects of plastisol (screen printed) heat transfers. Topics include where to buy, how to put them on t-shirts, quality, pictures, stock (pre printed) transfers and more. Read the definition of a plastisol transfer here.

Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers?

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2012 Aug 27, 2012 2:03:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers?

As title says, Also how well do they hold In wash?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2012 Aug 27, 2012 3:20:17 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Default Re: Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers?

I have have done a bunch of these and they are "okay" for the price.....They are heavier than their fashion formula and they do seem to crack sooner....Obviously for 15 cents they are not going to be the "best" on the market......

The Following User Says Thank You to royster13 For This Useful Post:
CenCal559 (August 27th, 2012)
Old August 30th, 2012 Aug 30, 2012 5:28:37 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chip

I've used their SPOT transfer many times. If I read their promo right that is the formula used on the .15 xfers. I have never had a problem with the SPOT formula. I would not hesitate to use it. The only down side I see is the image size. I wish they would offer the large sheet for a little more. I'd be glad to pay more for that size.

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 6:37:59 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorfast
I've used their SPOT transfer many times. If I read their promo right that is the formula used on the .15 xfers. I have never had a problem with the SPOT formula. I would not hesitate to use it. The only down side I see is the image size. I wish they would offer the large sheet for a little more. I'd be glad to pay more for that size.
I tried to use their service this week and this .15 deal is not great unless you have 1 - 9x12.75 or less image. I tried to order 3 t-shirt designs each with a pocket logo and 8" image. They shot it down saying it was ganged. Don't make since to print (or pay for printing) a single 4" image on a 9x12 page. Their prices to print these as they are, are more expensive than where I have been getting them done. I guess I am going back to Versatranz where 13x19 anything that fits, ships!

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 6:52:07 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

At some quantities (100 or less) it is less costly to order 4 separate transfers from F&M than 1 ganged transfer from Versatranz.....

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 9:44:44 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

F&M doesn't allow ganged images, but Semo does, and the pricing for small quantities is similar. Sizing is a little smaller, though, at 7x12. You could do a bunch of 4" pocket logos on a sheet, mix-and-match for all your shirts. Obviously they all need to be same color.

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 9:48:37 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by royster13
At some quantities (100 or less) it is less costly to order 4 separate transfers from F&M than 1 ganged transfer from Versatranz.....

I just placed the order w/ versatrans for 3 backs (2-8", 1-7" and 6 pockets 1 color in a 13x19 sheet. That same order with F&M according to my calc would have been $60 more. I would have to have had 6 sheets with F&M on the .15 deal anyways.

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 9:54:25 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhtech
I just placed the order w/ versatrans for 3 backs (2-8", 1-7" and 6 pockets 1 color in a 13x19 sheet. That same order with F&M according to my calc would have been $60 more. I would have to have had 6 sheets with F&M on the .15 deal anyways.
The problem with all the pricing models is that they all have their "sweet spots".....With every order I place, I make a calculation to see where I get the best "value"....There is no doubt in your example, Versatranz beats F&M 15 cent transfers....But in that same example F&M regular sheets would beat Versatranz.....

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 10:55:24 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
The problem with all the pricing models is that they all have their "sweet spots".....With every order I place, I make a calculation to see where I get the best "value"....There is no doubt in your example, Versatranz beats F&M 15 cent transfers....But in that same example F&M regular sheets would beat Versatranz.....
Well I am just getting started so I have only ordered transfers a couple times. The Versatrans online design tool is pretty cool and transfers are actually cheaper if your design originates from it. In all fairness, F&M has been good about sending samples and responding to email. I realize marketing plays a big part in sll this. If your job can work within those (F&M) confines, it is a pretty good deal. I was really kinda looking forward to trying their product, cause I am not necessarily in love with VersaTrans, and was trying to take advantage of a school order of about 120 shirts that I just got. So I guess we will try them at a later date.

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 1:27:39 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I use them for text-only slogans, which are usually either black or white. Though the slogans seldom take up the max sheet size, 15 cents each is down there with what I can do it on the cutter, and easier because I don't have to weed.

Old September 14th, 2012 Sep 14, 2012 2:49:08 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonM
I use them for text-only slogans, which are usually either black or white. Though the slogans seldom take up the max sheet size, 15 cents each is down there with what I can do it on the cutter, and easier because I don't have to weed.
Yea, I gathered that. I did already purchase a cutter (cameo) for small vinyl and small print and cut. I am sure I will probably use FM for simple designs that I don't want to weed

Old November 26th, 2012 Nov 26, 2012 4:22:53 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
I have have done a bunch of these and they are "okay" for the price.....They are heavier than their fashion formula and they do seem to crack sooner....Obviously for 15 cents they are not going to be the "best" on the market......
How many washes until they start cracking?

Old November 26th, 2012 Nov 26, 2012 4:25:51 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastamorir
How many washes until they start cracking?
Never counted.......I sell these as "cheap" and folks get what they pay for....

Old November 28th, 2012 Nov 28, 2012 8:35:23 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Doc

If you're just buying 1 or 2 then really all you can compare is who will do that few for an order. Versatranz said it starts at 2, did you have to get 2 sheets or did they let you get one? F&M is awesome for 20+ because of the $20 flat fee you have to absorb.

As far as washability. I've got over 25 washes on my test shirts (undershirts that I wear every day under my uniform) and the only one that I have that's cracked up is one that I tried to layer 2 different 1 color transfers with and it's obviously over cured. We have a printer here that does all our church's work (big church) and they always over cure their screen printing and it starts cracking after about 5-10 washes. After seeing my experiment go bad with the 2 layers, I've gone to just pressing once 325 for 8 seconds and peel. No repress. I haven't had any complaints after doing that and my tests are fine.
StatusTees likes this.

Old December 7th, 2012 Dec 7, 2012 8:05:11 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I use the F and M transfers as an affordable, on demand one color option. They seem to hold up well to washing (turn em inside out) and are easy to apply. I stock the customers transfers for them.

Although the 15 cent product is a good deal for a full page design, we buy more of the maximum sized product and gang them. If you do the math, you make out on the gang run as soon as you get 3 or more designs on the largest page option. Perfect for a text type shirt. I buy 100 at a time.

The funny thing is, F and M gangs them. If I don't use the full sheet on the 15 centers, my transfer papers come in undersize! Too funny.

all the best,

dANNY8bALL
www.SanJoseScreenPrinting.com

This is a discussion about Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers? that was posted in the Plastisol Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in