T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Plastisol Transfers

Plastisol Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the many aspects of plastisol (screen printed) heat transfers. Topics include where to buy, how to put them on t-shirts, quality, pictures, stock (pre printed) transfers and more. Read the definition of a plastisol transfer here.

Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers?

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 9th, 2014 Apr 9, 2014 11:38:21 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Que
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers?

Yeah I use ryonet plastisol transfer paper and there opague plastisol ink I like the outcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2014 Apr 9, 2014 11:59:28 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Doc
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've never had a problem with them at all. They are thicker than I really care for, but for lettering and simple designs where you need an opaque product, they are perfect. Their price did go up to $22 base and they do overcharge for shipping by like $5. But I don't think they are unusable in any regard.

Lately with any color but white I have been using Seay Graphics. Their white is like a color magnet and it is nice and thin, but it's almost like it grabs color off the shirt a day or two after it's pressed. F&M Doesn't do that at all.

I would also add that their pressure should be medium and not firm. I press on an air press and use 60lbs. I only press once and peel, that's it though. If you overheat or press the mess out of them then they will crumble over time. I've never seen two washes crumbling, but have seen 6 month cracking and not so much after I quit over pressing and double pressing. I'm in the process of finding a better white supplier that prints thin and is opaque AND doesn't act like magnet for shirt ink. But for cheap shirts (there are plenty who are looking for value product) it's hard to beat F&M's deal. If someone is having problems with their transfers and would like a 2nd opinion, I would be happy to test press. Maybe I've just been lucky with them and if so, I hope my luck continues.

Old December 13th, 2014 Dec 13, 2014 8:36:25 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Do they use the same ink for the 15 cent as the athletic formula? I ask because when I print samples I had from F&M, the stretching is good but when I stretch some of my 15 cent designs (white letter print) it cracks. I'm trying to figure out if I need to up the heat even more being that the letters are a tad thick or what

Old April 20th, 2016 Apr 20, 2016 8:29:15 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Wendy

Terrible customer service. Bought 100 transfers two different designs. Neither would adhere to Gilden 100% cotton t-shirts. Tried to contact them but so far no response or help. Buyer Beware!

Old April 20th, 2016 Apr 20, 2016 8:44:00 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Quentin
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have been using them for years and only had problems with the grey ink as far as cracking. From what I was told, and discovered after experimenting a bit over the years, is I was over heating them a bit, which lowers their washability. You should double check your heat settings or pressure settings. Someone else was complaining about the design not transferring evenly, but it turns out they were using a pillow between the layers and you cannot not get even pressure like that for any type of consistency when using screen printed heat transfers. I have never had a problem with customer service either. They may take a couple of hours to get back to you, but they have always answered every email I have ever sent quickly and have never been anything short of helpful. Good Luck. I'm sure they will get you taken care of.

Old 1 Week Ago Jun 7, 2019 6:57:54 AM -   #51 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Rebecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoguls
I use the F and M transfers as an affordable, on demand one color option. They seem to hold up well to washing (turn em inside out) and are easy to apply. I stock the customers transfers for them.

Although the 15 cent product is a good deal for a full page design, we buy more of the maximum sized product and gang them. If you do the math, you make out on the gang run as soon as you get 3 or more designs on the largest page option. Perfect for a text type shirt. I buy 100 at a time.

The funny thing is, F and M gangs them. If I don't use the full sheet on the 15 centers, my transfer papers come in undersize! Too funny.

all the best,

dANNY8bALL
www.SanJoseScreenPrinting.com
Hi:
Thank you for posting about your experience. I am very new to the game and have a design that is roughly 2.5-3in X 10in. Would you suggest using the gang option as opposed to the .15 deal? I'm really not sure what is the best way to go. Thanks for your help

This is a discussion about Any reviews on FM expressions 15 cent transfers? that was posted in the Plastisol Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in