Switching to Plastisol- looking for advice - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Switching to Plastisol- looking for advice

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2019 Jan 14, 2019 6:35:10 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Switching to Plastisol- looking for advice

Howdy! Currently printing waterbased, out of my basement gararge and having lots of trouble. Looking to make the switch to plastisol, since I have a toddler and don't ever get a large "chunk" of time to print volume or practice. What brands of ink are recommended? Looking for a middle of the road price to get started, and interested in started kits (if available) with multiple colors. Are there any plastisol inks with low odor/ fumes? I'm currently pregnant and looking to avoid lots of fumes, however I don't get print time every day (or even every weekend) and will start wearing a mask. (Not sure which kind, but the hubs works with asbestos and other noxious things and bought the mask for me.) Any advice would appreciated, thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2019 Jan 14, 2019 9:32:11 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Switching to Plastisol- looking for advice

toddler + pregnant + basement + plastisol inks = why risk it?

you should seriously consider an air make-up unit (extraction fan and fresh air fan),
even water-based has volatile organics that are released upon heating
a mask only helps you until you remove it, and the fumes remain to be inhaled by the household

or even better get a cutter and do vinyl (lots of vinyls out there okeo-tek 100 and cpsia certified)

Old January 14th, 2019 Jan 14, 2019 10:42:29 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Agreed- but was hoping for a low odor plastisol. Wasn't sure if it existed. The idea is to get the inks to be ready when I get back to it. Suggestions on vinyl? I don't have a lot of money to buy a plotter or press right now. I was thinking hand cutting vinyl, but that could get time consuming.

Old February 28th, 2019 Feb 28, 2019 12:22:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

inkTek
Pat Jarvis
(202) 920-3840
Great plastisol ink at a great price

This is a discussion about Switching to Plastisol- looking for advice that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in