Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2017 Oct 4, 2017 11:19:31 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Liz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance?

Hey all, this is my first post, and I am eager and thankful for helpful answers.

For the past few years, triblends have been our HELL shirts, along with the Gildan Performance! We've used spray track, and web as the glue to get them to stick to our boards. They won't stay tacked for the life of us.

We use plastisol inks, and each time we get to our 2nd or 3rd color, the shirt would rather pull up and stick to the screen, instead of staying on our plate.

Web seems to work best so far, but it's gross, and gives everything a residue. Not to mention we have to spray CONSTANTLY.

I'm wondering what adhesive works best for these blends of shirts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2017 Oct 11, 2017 1:19:21 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jamie

Default Re: Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance?

sounds like maybe your ink is stickier than your adhesive. We've never had problems with Tri Blend shirts lifting. Have you tried thinning your ink slightly ? We generally use the mist style adhesive and coat the boards only once for a run of maybe 24 shirts.

Old February 2nd, 2018 Feb 2, 2018 9:44:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Leah

Default Re: Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance?

Triblends can suck a lot. Took me a while to get a system that works instead of wrecking shirts. Fresh boards and I find the SAATIcheck dri-web adhesive web spray works excellent. Have to spray a lot though. I use Union low bleed basic white as a base, it's very non tacky and flash 3 seconds with a quartz flash. Any more and they scorch. I always found the bella triblend tanks burn the worst. Yeah and the Gildan 42000..despise printing that shirt myself.

Old February 17th, 2018 Feb 17, 2018 5:40:37 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Bob

We use watebase adhesive rolled on. The pallets have to be fresh and sticky, the white thinned with lo-bleed curable reducer, mesh 156 and p/f/p

Old April 9th, 2018 Apr 9, 2018 8:45:43 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeanne

I used to use a spray adhesive but started feeling like everything was covered in dust that wouldn't wipe off b/c of the residual spray. So I changed to a water based adhesive. Sorry I don't know the brand/type. I use a ketchup type bottle and squirt a little on and then spread with a business card (get old ones from our church which uses new cards for every holiday & series.) I'm able to do quite a few shirts and have no trouble with tri-blends. If they get non-sticky you can usually use water to clean the fuzzies off and it's sticky again for a while.

Old January 9th, 2020 Jan 9, 2020 8:12:39 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I found some success using Tekmar water based adhesive on pallet tape. It does require a lot of re-application, and changing of the pallet tape helps as well. It's slow going, but I ruined a lot less shirts that way.

Old January 9th, 2020 Jan 9, 2020 1:53:50 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Darrin

Try using 380 MIST SPRAY PALLET ADHESIVE from Atlas Screen Supply, i've been using this mist tack down spray for 10+ years now, works great.

This is a discussion about Best adhesive to use when printing Triblends and Gildan Performance? that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in