Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By devilfish

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 4:06:21 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Albert
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts

I posted this in T shirt printing problems thread to no avail...so I'll try here, too.

I'm having trouble printing on New Balance Tempo Performance T-shirts. I'm using white WM Plastics HO LB ink on royal blue shirts. 110 mesh screens. 1/8" off contact. The ink has been mixed to get it as creamy as possible. It seems very tacky, still, though. It's the only poly ink I've used, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have some One Stroke Ink on the way. The issue is, on the first pass, not all the ink clears the screen and in some spots, the ink looks "rough" on the shirt. If I make a few dry passes over and over, it seems to smooth the ink out, but there is still ink left in the screen and it's noticeable on the shirt. The ink is in the same pattern as the fine mesh. If I flash and do another pass of white, the ink clears the screen but it is now way too thick and looks a lot worse with "rough" areas over a lot more of the print. Also, this ink seems to "puff up" after curing which makes the print look even worse with two passes. Is this an ink issue? Are the shirts not going to have a "solid" looking print due to the mesh no matter what I do? I've wasted 8 shirts, so far, and they aren't cheap. I tested on a "similar" shirt before starting (it was 100% poly moisture wicking, but no fine mesh) with no issues. I've successfully printed on these types of shirts before only they were white shirts with a 3 color print, no issues...one pass of each color, cure, done. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 9:23:34 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hauvert

Default Re: Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts

Do you have pictures you can post? If they are 100% polyester mesh shirts, then you might need to give it 3 pulls for the ink to actually print on the shirt the first print. Then you can flash and print the white again, I can only imagine what is happen since there is no picture.

Another thing is if your using mesh polyester shirts/jerseys and the design is simple you could use a 85 mesh screen to lay more ink down

Old November 11th, 2015 Nov 11, 2015 10:41:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Brian

Default Re: Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts

I have had the same problem with the NB9118 shirt not sticking to 4 different platten adhesives. I finally got a response from New Balance..."New Balance does not recommend applying designs to New Balance apparel as materials used to manufacture our gear will not bond with various pallet adhesives." No other suggestions offered and after 18 years in the industry I never heard that info provided anywhere so I figured I'd share.
daveatcows likes this.

This is a discussion about Problems printing white ink on 100% poly New Balance "fine mesh" shirts that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in