opaque ink color mixing kit ? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

opaque ink color mixing kit ?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 6:00:34 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Danny
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default opaque ink color mixing kit ?

so I'm looking for a opaque ink pantone matching system, is there anything out there ? anything someone can recommend ? I currently use Ryopaque ink on stuff and have been happy with the results but colors are limited and 90% of my business seems to be on black garments so a opaque mixing system would be a nice thing to have. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 6:55:09 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Denise
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default Re: opaque ink color mixing kit ?

Ryonet sells Pantone mixing systems. I just bought the Ultra Concentrate one from them. You can mix any Pantone color and also you can mix into different bases so you could make your opaque inks (and LOTS more)

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 6:59:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I use the 7500 and the older/discontinued 7400 mixing systems from Ryonet, they are not the concentrate systems but the "ink" ones, and there is no opaque mix. Is there a opaque base for the concentrate version ? I'll have to go look.

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 7:19:30 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

That's what I was referring to, Danny, that you would mix it into an opaque base.

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 7:24:34 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

thanks I'll have to look into that.

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 7:30:29 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You bet, Danny.
Oh, and if you don't see it on their website, call and ask. (Not everything that you can get from them is listed on their site)
I know with my mixing kit, it was drop shipped from the manufacturer.

Old December 17th, 2013 Dec 17, 2013 11:33:36 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tom
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Union Ink sells their Mix-O-Pake Pantone mixing system, which is what I went with years ago. They also make a setup for regular strength inks.
If I had it to do over, and I had to have a mixing system, I'd get the regular one.
All things considered, though, after printing now for about 10 years, I'd pass on a mixing system. There are actually very few jobs I do that require a specific Pantone color, and I'd wager most shops, especially really small operations, are the same.
With the mixing system you'll have some colors you rarely use. When you get it new, you'll find yourself mixing up a bunch of different colors just because it's there, and end up with a bunch of stuff on your shelf that you'll never use a second time.
I'd have saved money, and shelf space, over the past 10 years if I'd bought the specific Pantone colors I needed for QuikSeps, and the very few other Pantone colors I use for repeat customers. Everything else I can get by with regular spot colors, or make small adjustments to regular spot colors.
And as for opaque colors, I generally don't use them because they're often so thick or gummy they're difficult to work with. Learn to print over an underbase. Everyone eventually does if they stay in this business for long, and it makes for a brighter print, and usually with a nicer hand. About the only color I'll print without an underbase is Royal Blue.

This is a discussion about opaque ink color mixing kit ? that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in