Screen printing 2 colors not sharp - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Screen printing 2 colors not sharp

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 10:53:54 AM -   #61 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,481 Posts

Default Re: Screen printing 2 colors not sharp

Call PayPal and eBay. They are one of the same. Tell the he stalled. I have had them open a case a week after the deadline. Especially if you have the email of him offering a partial refund and just finding out that the ad is misleading as it states no mention of upgrades. FYI there is a silver press 4-1 with micros in the classifieds here if it hasn't sold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 10:55:40 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

when you get to the resolution center click problem not listed, then Item was not as listed, Make sure you put in that he was going to take it back but now since its past 45 days wont' answer you emails.
Contacting eBay Customer Support you may be able to chat first then get a phone call to support .

Try this number
Phone Number

866-643-1587
Better yet use this link if it works , you may have to sign in first to ebay.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?&query=1646

Last edited by jimcr; November 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: more info

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 7:00:13 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your help--after hours on the phone today with multiple people from eBay and PayPal we may have gotten somewhere. After the eBay representative listened to the whole story, she said she couldn't do anything but to call Paypal. The first Paypal person said we needed to call Paypal Buy Credit/Smart Connect but they said they couldn't do anything. My husband called Paypal back and finally found somebody who agreed to open the case. He said that they would contact the seller and we should hear something back within 10 days. Praying we get some resolution. Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to bnsparker For This Useful Post:
jimcr (November 24th, 2013)

Old November 24th, 2013 Nov 24, 2013 4:54:22 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Debbie

My freind had the same problem with paypal for tickets she bought on ebay.

The guy kept promising to send the tickets, than after 45 days he refused to answer her emails. Paypal and ebay refused to get involved.

But she did get her money back because she credited the paypal account using her credit card. The credit card company simply takes the money back off Paypal regardless of the time scale.

When paying for anything, even if you only pay a small amount by credit card and the rest by other means, the whole transaction is covered.

How did you credit the paypal account ?

In the UK even debit card transactions come with some sort of security.

Debbie

The Following User Says Thank You to debbbbsy For This Useful Post:
bnsparker (November 24th, 2013)
Old November 24th, 2013 Nov 24, 2013 6:14:18 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbbbsy
My freind had the same problem with paypal for tickets she bought on ebay.

The guy kept promising to send the tickets, than after 45 days he refused to answer her emails. Paypal and ebay refused to get involved.

But she did get her money back because she credited the paypal account using her credit card. The credit card company simply takes the money back off Paypal regardless of the time scale.

When paying for anything, even if you only pay a small amount by credit card and the rest by other means, the whole transaction is covered.

How did you credit the paypal account ?

In the UK even debit card transactions come with some sort of security.

Debbie
I used Paypal Buyer Credit which is like a credit account through Paypal. If I don't get resolution this way, I'll see about the company that backs Paypal Buyer Credit (I think it's GE Capital or something like that.) Thank you!

Old November 24th, 2013 Nov 24, 2013 6:42:09 AM -   #66 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You will get resolve. 99% of the time. I think I have had an eBay account since 2001 and have had about 10 disputes. Most of them were easy due to no receipt or broken. All but 1 were won and money refunded and complain about the shipping back. They will give you a credit to ship it back. The one that wasn't won I can't remember why they sided with other but it was a low dollar item and wasn't a big deal. The next day eBay sent me a $100 certificate. I have spent a lot of money though them as well as pay pal. Can't speak for the UK policies on credit but most cards, credit programs in the US have a 45 day limit. There are some exceptions as some card give extra time on their own and some as long as 180 day but most will be 90 days.

The Following User Says Thank You to sben763 For This Useful Post:
Old November 24th, 2013 Nov 24, 2013 7:11:29 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Stephanie just keep us posted on how this turns out,

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcr For This Useful Post:
Old November 24th, 2013 Nov 24, 2013 9:37:58 AM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcr
Will do! Thanks!

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 4:12:27 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcr
I've got some fantastic news! Paypal ruled in my favor so I get to return the press package. YEA!!! I do have to pay for return shipping which I'm sure is a lot, but I'm still happy to get most of my money back. I ordered the Ryonet Silver Press package, so I'm excited to start again. I changed the ink package to water based (I don't really know why because I know nothing about it) so I'm going to buy some white and black plastisol (I already bought red and blue) and try to print my shirts again. Hopefully, this will go a lot smoother this time and I won't want to take a sledgehammer to the press.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 4:20:59 PM -   #70 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The water base will require higher mesh as its much thinner ink. You have to flood in between prints or the water base dries in the screen. Also a retarder is recommended and almost required in multi color jobs or ink dries in the screen even with flooding.

When drying with a flash dryer I would heat it up to 335 then throw in the dryer and the re flash. Its a pain but if all the water isn't out when its fully cure they will still wash out or fade badly. I have a conveyor with forced air now and still send my water base through twice.

I like water base cause there is almost no hand to it but when its requested I charge way more to do it so most stay with plastisol.

Congrats on the win. If you have any issues with the silver press. I had a 6/2 3-4 years ago and know them well.

The Following User Says Thank You to sben763 For This Useful Post:
bnsparker (November 29th, 2013)
Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 6:07:58 PM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsparker
Will do! Thanks!
Glad to hear that! I am sure you will be happy with the silver press. I just upgraded mine to a 4/2 now I just need a job to put on it.
Good luck with the water base.

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcr For This Useful Post:
bnsparker (November 29th, 2013)
Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 7:11:38 PM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
The water base will require higher mesh as its much thinner ink. You have to flood in between prints or the water base dries in the screen. Also a retarder is recommended and almost required in multi color jobs or ink dries in the screen even with flooding.

When drying with a flash dryer I would heat it up to 335 then throw in the dryer and the re flash. Its a pain but if all the water isn't out when its fully cure they will still wash out or fade badly. I have a conveyor with forced air now and still send my water base through twice.

I like water base cause there is almost no hand to it but when its requested I charge way more to do it so most stay with plastisol.

Congrats on the win. If you have any issues with the silver press. I had a 6/2 3-4 years ago and know them well.
Thanks! I actually went with the 4/2 instead of a 4/1 this time. I only have a simple flash dryer though (not a forced air flash and not a conveyor). When you said throw in the dryer, are you talking about a regular clothes dryer after I flash/cure it? Also my flash doesn't have a way to adjust the temp.

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 7:46:17 PM -   #73 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I flash cured. Then threw in dryer and then re flash cured. Did you get the flash dryer with your silver press or do you have other. If you try to flash long enough to drive out all the water with the flash you will scorch the shirt. I don't have a temp control on any of my flash dryer either but I am considering adding one on the new 240v 18x24 flash I Just bought. I just would flash at 6-8" and use a infrared thermometer and check just as I was removing from flash. Don't cure on your platens. I made a curing station with ceramic tiles. I made a carousel with 4 stations. I would quickly flash the stack and my wife would cure. I go a conveyor 4 years ago or so and she hasn't helped in the shop since!!!!!

Old November 29th, 2013 Nov 29, 2013 10:57:34 PM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
I flash cured. Then threw in dryer and then re flash cured. Did you get the flash dryer with your silver press or do you have other. If you try to flash long enough to drive out all the water with the flash you will scorch the shirt. I don't have a temp control on any of my flash dryer either but I am considering adding one on the new 240v 18x24 flash I Just bought. I just would flash at 6-8" and use a infrared thermometer and check just as I was removing from flash. Don't cure on your platens. I made a curing station with ceramic tiles. I made a carousel with 4 stations. I would quickly flash the stack and my wife would cure. I go a conveyor 4 years ago or so and she hasn't helped in the shop since!!!!!
Yes, I got the flash dryer in the kit from Ryonet. I made a curing station last week with ceramic tiles so I've got that covered. I also recently bought an IR thermometer to check my temps. That's cool about using a clothes dryer to dry out the water--and I'm glad you told me to limit IR curing so I won't scorch the shirts. Seriously, I'm sure I would've done exactly that!

Old December 4th, 2013 Dec 4, 2013 9:28:24 PM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have had this problem before, and what I learned from this was by flooding the screen I would get what your image looks like, I would have enough ink and give it one good firm pass and it would come out tits!

This is a discussion about Screen printing 2 colors not sharp that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in