Screen printing 2 colors not sharp - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Screen printing 2 colors not sharp

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2013 Nov 19, 2013 4:44:16 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Screen printing 2 colors not sharp

If you look in the listing it states that there is a tilt adjustment on the unit , Call the guy ask him what hes going to do because there is none. He misled you and how many other people. If you got Ebay involved they may make him pull his ad at the least. I would start with him and if you get no satifaction go to Ebay , I Thought I may have missed something such as an adjustment. If he does nothing see what ebay will do He should at least take it back and give you your money back.

MOUNTING - Short, stubby, sturdy legs keep the press secure while mounted, and keep your workspace clear from big bulky legs that come on most presses.
REGISTRATION – Adjustable dual ball bearing registration system makes for consistent, solid and smooth print arm registration.
SWIVEL CENTER BEARING– Keeps your print arm swivel secure and spinning freely.
PRINT ARM MOUNTS – Rock solid print arm mounts that you can count on for rock solid registration!
TILT ADJUSTMENT – Multiple points of print arm tilt adjustments.

OFF CONTACT - Multiple points of off contact adjustment, so you can really dial in any printing circumstance.
PLATEN / PALLET – 16X16” Double sided laminate interchangeable white platen.
PLATEN BRACKET – All of our platen brackets are “50 TON PRESS STAMPED” to insure a tight fit, that holds your platen exactly where you want it.
PRINT ARM LIFTS – This press uses springs with turnbuckle adjustments to hold your print arm in the “raised” position, while not printing. The turnbuckle adjustments allow you to adjust the tension of the spring, to accommodate larger screens, smaller screens, if you have micros installed, etc.
ELECTRO POWDER COAT FINISH – Durable, chemical resilient, heavy duty, baked on powder coat finish, for years of protection.
SCREEN CAPACITY – Accepts 23”x31” screens, with no upgrades required.
EASY ASSEMBLY – INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED: ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS, HOW TO MOUNT YOUR PLATEN BRACKET INSTRUCTIONS, POINTS OF ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
UPGRADE OPTIONS – While nearly any other press on the market fails to offer upgrade options, this press is an investment that can continue to grow with you and your business. No need to start over and purchase a whole new press when you out grow it, or need more options. With the THE SPRINGER SP you can ADD: PRINTING STATIONS, HAND MICROS, XYZ MICROS, SIDE CLAMPS, ETC.
RESELL VALUE – Now we know you will never imagine selling your THE SPRINGER SP©, but when you do finally out grow it, and don’t want to see it sit on the sidelines, and decide to sell it, you will get the

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcr For This Useful Post:
bnsparker (November 19th, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2013 Nov 19, 2013 6:16:09 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcr
If you look in the listing it states that there is a tilt adjustment on the unit , Call the guy ask him what hes going to do because there is none. He misled you and how many other people. If you got Ebay involved they may make him pull his ad at the least. I would start with him and if you get no satifaction go to Ebay , I Thought I may have missed something such as an adjustment. If he does nothing see what ebay will do He should at least take it back and give you your money back.

MOUNTING - Short, stubby, sturdy legs keep the press secure while mounted, and keep your workspace clear from big bulky legs that come on most presses.
REGISTRATION – Adjustable dual ball bearing registration system makes for consistent, solid and smooth print arm registration.
PRINT ARM MOUNTS – Rock solid print arm mounts that you can count on for rock solid registration!

OFF CONTACT - Multiple points of off contact adjustment, so you can really dial in any printing circumstance.
PLATEN BRACKET – All of our platen brackets are “50 TON PRESS STAMPED” to insure a tight fit, that holds your platen exactly where you want it.
PRINT ARM LIFTS – This press uses springs with turnbuckle adjustments to hold your print arm in the “raised” position, while not printing. The turnbuckle adjustments allow you to adjust the tension of the spring, to accommodate larger screens, smaller screens, if you have micros installed, etc.
ELECTRO POWDER COAT FINISH – Durable, chemical resilient, heavy duty, baked on powder coat finish, for years of protection.
EASY ASSEMBLY – INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED: ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS, HOW TO MOUNT YOUR PLATEN BRACKET INSTRUCTIONS, POINTS OF ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
UPGRADE OPTIONS – While nearly any other press on the market fails to offer upgrade options, this press is an investment that can continue to grow with you and your business. No need to start over and purchase a whole new press when you out grow it, or need more options. With the THE SPRINGER SP you can ADD: PRINTING STATIONS, HAND MICROS, XYZ MICROS, SIDE CLAMPS, ETC.
RESELL VALUE – Now we know you will never imagine selling your THE SPRINGER SP©, but when you do finally out grow it, and don’t want to see it sit on the sidelines, and decide to sell it, you will get the
THANK YOU!!! I am going to email him now!

Old November 19th, 2013 Nov 19, 2013 12:14:40 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Debbie

hi

looking at your first image, printing the 2 colour design white & black onto red.

You print the white first, use an ink that is not too thick,not too course a mesh.Flash cure.
Print the black, don't thin the ink down and only enough pressure to get an even print. Don't flood. Flash cure.
The ink needs to be dry and cool on the shirt. Your last print of white, again don't flood, just make sure you have enough ink infront of your squeegee, its now down to pressure, and the angle of the blade, remember you already have your base, keeping the angle as straight as you can,pull the squeegee across quickley,not too much pressure.

Its all down too that last print.

If the 2 previous prints are still hot from the spot dryer it will bleed.

If your pressure is too hard it will bleed.

if your ink is too thick and you have to push it through with force it will bleed.

If your screen is too course it will bleed.

if you have too much snap it will bleed.

Practice. practice.practice.

Debbie x

Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 12:25:45 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

I finally heard back from the guy at screenprintingandsignsupplies and he said I could send just the press back for a partial refund ($289 instead of $309) and I have to pay return shipping which I'm sure will be extremely expensive. So after it's all said and done, I will end up paying $800+ for the flash dryer basically. He said that the tilt adjustments listed in the description are accurate because they consider buying/adding shims in certain parts of the press arms/brackets "tilt adjustment". I have watched several videos on the silver press from Ryonet and it's so much better than the one that I bought. It's sold in a package with a flash dryer for $999.99 as well. If only I would've bought it. The package with the silver press requires shipping costs of $75 but does come with red and blue ink where mine didn't and an instructional DVD. The most important thing that the silver press package comes with though is the true tilt adjustment, brackets with bars across to stabilize screens instead of crooked screws, and gas shocks to keep the screens up. Now the bad news is that although the package prices are the same, when you buy the press alone, the silver press is $150 more. Lesson learned...

Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 12:40:24 PM -   #50 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,479 Posts

How long ago odd you buy. If its within the 45 day you can always file a dispute and return the whole thing and a lot of times PayPal gives you a credit for the shipping. In some rare occasions they will extend past the 45 days. And if you paid with credit card some cards offer buyer protection up to 180 days but most 90 days. To me that just unacceptable. Email them back and tell them you wish to return everything and you will pay the shipping but you were mislead or you will post in every forum possible of your experience.

Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 1:04:38 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
How long ago odd you buy. If its within the 45 day you can always file a dispute and return the whole thing and a lot of times PayPal gives you a credit for the shipping. In some rare occasions they will extend past the 45 days. And if you paid with credit card some cards offer buyer protection up to 180 days but most 90 days. To me that just unacceptable. Email them back and tell them you wish to return everything and you will pay the shipping but you were mislead or you will post in every forum possible of your experience.
I bought it on 9/30/2013 but there was a delay in shipping so I didn't receive it until 10/9/2013. I haven't even written about all the other problems that I had with some of the other items in the package. I just laid out every problem that I've had (and previously sent emails about to him) since I received it--parts missing, instructions missing, holes not drilled when the instructions said they would be, etc. All of that was before I even got to the point to try to print shirts. Hopefully he'll respond with a better answer. If not, I'll see if it's too late to file a dispute. I used Paypal Buyer Credit to pay through eBay.
Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 2:54:01 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
I am with Sean on this , I would do everything I could to get him to take it back , it states nothing what so ever about shims in the description , that is a cop out because he didn't do his home work and mislead a consumer. I would definitely write to Ebay and Paypal .
That is a very unfair situation and he should make it right. And you said you had other problems with this guy , makes me wounder . Make sure you post some bad remarks for him on Ebay also.

Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 5:01:43 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Richie Rich
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I would forewarn him about what you will do if he can't be reasonable, and accept a return. you did not have a smooth transaction or a product as described. Acknowledge that cash flow may be tight, but that you are very unhappy and willing to work towards a refund solution.

If he metaphorically says "screw you". Tell him the Internet never forgets and you'll regularly post everywhere about your experiences. It will end him. Tell him you just want a different press that actually works and you want a refund.

Always remember what your end goal
is - and do everything you can all the time to reach that goal. Ignore any frustration or anger, do everything methodically and clinically to get what you have payed for and deserve.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 20vK For This Useful Post:
jimcr (November 20th, 2013), sben763 (November 20th, 2013)
Old November 20th, 2013 Nov 20, 2013 5:29:48 PM -   #54 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,479 Posts

Good advice Richie. Probably much better then I would handle it.

Old November 22nd, 2013 Nov 22, 2013 9:11:30 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well, unfortunately apparently he has decided to not even give me the partial refund anymore. I packed up the press Wednesday to ship it back, but was just waiting on the return address. His email specifically said I could return it for partial credit but I'd have to pay return shipping. I wrote him back reminding him of all my troubles (even starting with him not shipping within the time frame the ad promised) with the setup, missing parts, incomplete instructions, and finally a press that didn't come with the promised features. I told him that I had decided that I still wanted to accept his offer to return it and I just needed to know where to ship it. I have over 1000 transactions with 100% positive feedback and I have never dealt with someone so dishonest and had problems like this. Previously he would respond to my emails with a couple of hours. Now it's 3 days later and still no answer and my calls go to his voicemail. So I guess he realized by stalling me for a few days I'm now out of the 45 day window (ended Thursday). I tried through eBay and PayPal for some course of action today since he's avoiding me now, and both say sorry we can't help you since it's been over 45 days. I can't believe this. Obviously I was too trusting that he meant what he said when he offered to allow me to return it. I didn't realize I was about to be outside of the timeframe to do anything but I guess he did, and that's why he stalled.

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 3:04:21 AM -   #56 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Don't give up on ebay or paypal , Since you used paypal you should have user protection from what I am told by my son who uses paypal all the time . Keep up with it and document everything, Just because the window of 45 days ended don't stop, make sure you tell them when all this started , how many times you eamil this person and what was said. This is the agreement with paypal, its long and winded but it may help you. He is skirting the issue so that you didn't make the 45 days , keep going with this its just a matter of how many scalps you will have to leave foot prints on. Send what ever emails you have had with this guy to Ebay, leave your bad feedback asap.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...%20Protection.

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 3:08:18 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

eBay Money Back Guarantee and the eBay Buyer Protection process

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 10:05:06 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Don't give up on ebay or paypal , Since you used paypal you should have user protection from what I am told by my son who uses paypal all the time . Keep up with it and document everything, Just because the window of 45 days ended don't stop, make sure you tell them when all this started , how many times you eamil this person and what was said. This is the agreement with paypal, its long and winded but it may help you. He is skirting the issue so that you didn't make the 45 days , keep going with this its just a matter of how many scalps you will have to leave foot prints on. Send what ever emails you have had with this guy to Ebay, leave your bad feedback asap.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...%20Protection.
I've tried to open claims in both eBay and Paypal but since it's outside the 45 days now they won't let me even initiate one to plead my case. I get an error message that says sorry but the 45 day window to start a claim is ended for this item.

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 10:10:04 AM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Screen shot 2013-11-23 at 1.07.47 PM.png
This is what I get when I select the item in the resolution center.

Old November 23rd, 2013 Nov 23, 2013 10:38:49 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

try to find a phone number , when did it pass 45 days within the last few days ? Ebay made some changes lately . but if he stalled you on purpose to get past the 45 days find another way to get to the people that run Ebay phone # .

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcr For This Useful Post:
bnsparker (November 23rd, 2013)

This is a discussion about Screen printing 2 colors not sharp that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in