How do I do this design? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

How do I do this design?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 20th, 2013 May 20, 2013 5:03:53 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How do I do this design?

I guess I spoke more so in reference to my own experience.

I'm an artist first and a printer 2nd and most everything I do I design for soft hand. (or as soft as I can get it). It's always in mind. I do job my printing out but it's designed for higher mesh and works. Unless of course, I'm just doing solid type...but even then, I don't like to go less than a 200 mesh. What for? 200 covers. I may ahve used a 156 once or twice. I'll also say, I have not had many baseball team orders on 50/50 or 100% poly. Even the ones I did have on 50/50 were still 200 mesh I believe, but the art or colors were not that drastic like a white on 50/50 red tees.
SammySk8 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013 May 20, 2013 5:38:06 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How do I do this design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot-tone
I guess I spoke more so in reference to my own experience.

I'm an artist first and a printer 2nd and most everything I do I design for soft hand. (or as soft as I can get it). It's always in mind. I do job my printing out but it's designed for higher mesh and works. Unless of course, I'm just doing solid type...but even then, I don't like to go less than a 200 mesh. What for? 200 covers. I may ahve used a 156 once or twice. I'll also say, I have not had many baseball team orders on 50/50 or 100% poly. Even the ones I did have on 50/50 were still 200 mesh I believe, but the art or colors were not that drastic like a white on 50/50 red tees.
I agree with you Dan but... in the average printers world, or at least mine, we do have to do a wide range of print types. I have anything form athletic rubber prints to hi-density weird prints, to foil, to discharge, to glitter..., you get the picture.
I wish we could only print hi-end multicolor prints. But just a screen print shop in the suburbs of So Cal we end up with quite a variety and not very often any cool, fun prints that would require 200 and above screens. We are getting ready to run a print line my son is putting together and that will be fun, hectic, trying, challenging and all of the above.
We even print polyester ink on powder coated aluminum trophies!

These were all printed with 200 and 230 mesh so I guess I should stop whining! LOL!

(These are not the final prints, just the comps)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Positive Energy solar9.jpg (154.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Earhart Khan Academytopten shirt 10-12.jpg (69.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png EvanFixT7.png (814.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by 59graphix; May 20th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: Added an explanation

This is a discussion about How do I do this design? that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in