white ink - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

white ink

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 19th, 2012 Aug 19, 2012 2:52:20 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: white ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknprints
Correction It was only $527 for 10 Gallons!
Even cheaper here, which is local to me. Not sure what they charge for shipping though.

QCM XOLB Series « bestscreenprintingsupply.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2012 Aug 19, 2012 3:19:35 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ben
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That's not the same stuff that we use. If you click on it you will see that it's the XOLB 132 not 158. We use the 158. I'm not sure what the difference is though.

Old August 19th, 2012 Aug 19, 2012 4:23:05 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknprints
Holy crap! I just went to Atlas and it really is that cheap! I can't believe that they sell it for $44 per gallon for 5's! I just bought 10 gallons with shipping for $544! That's a ton cheaper than I've been paying! Thanks Dude!
your welcome man!

Old August 19th, 2012 Aug 19, 2012 10:52:54 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I wonder what the difference is in the XOLB's? And I see that the XOLB colors, they claim need no underbase, but only recommend using up to a 160 mesh. I USED to use nothing lower than 160, now I'm moving up to 180 and beyond. Ah well, I guess for the price, it can't hurt to experiment.

Old August 20th, 2012 Aug 20, 2012 12:34:39 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tom
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I use the XOLB Royal Blue, Bright Red and Golden Yellow frequently, but the only color you might get away with no under base on black with is the blue. Even then, I've printed the blue over gold shirts and the shirt color will have an effect on the final ink color as opposed to printing the blue over a white shirt.

That isn't to say you can't print/flash/print them without an underbase, much as you can Union's Maxopake series, but they won't be as bright as with a white underbase.

Old August 20th, 2012 Aug 20, 2012 4:53:28 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopharry
I wonder what the difference is in the XOLB's? And I see that the XOLB colors, they claim need no underbase, but only recommend using up to a 160 mesh. I USED to use nothing lower than 160, now I'm moving up to 180 and beyond. Ah well, I guess for the price, it can't hurt to experiment.
XOLB = Extra Opake Low Bleed

Sent from my PC36100 using T-Shirt Forums

Old August 20th, 2012 Aug 20, 2012 5:00:10 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

The poster above me mentions there was an XOLB 132 and an XOLB 158?

This is a discussion about white ink that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in