Ink drying problem - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Ink drying problem

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 11:38:51 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Ink drying problem

I'm kinda new to this, I have made a few shirts for my son's team and a bunch of them seem to be washing out. I'm using a flash dryer to cure the ink, and checking it with a heat gun, is it possible the flash dryer is a little too small ? Any tips om drying with a flash. I added a picture of one of the shirts, I'm assuming is a drying problem.

Sorry tried adding a pic from phone but didnt work, ill get it on shortly.

Last edited by demj1308; June 4th, 2012 at 11:58 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 12:21:58 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Ink drying problem

few other thoughts, i have been checking temp in each corner of print, sometimes one section will be at 400+, while im waiting for the other section to hit 320. It is a 16x16 infared flash dryer from ryonet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0269.jpg (66.0 KB, 32 views)

Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 12:29:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Al

I had the same flash... Your shirts weren't cured on the edges. It can work, but you have to flash in sections on larger prints. I usually did a left flash to cure then backed the shirt away to cool then flash cured the ithet side. You cant really wait for the edges to come to temp. You'll burn the centers. It made me nuts so o bought a 18*18 flash.

Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 3:15:08 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

That's what I was afraid of, now I'll need a larger flash dryer, buy a conveyor, or build one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using T-Shirt Forums

Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 5:23:48 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Al

I did it that way for a while. Over a year. I did a few hundred plus two sided jobs with it. Cured left and right on the back seperatley, then when I started doing the pocket print it was heaven. Just one shot then on to the next shirt.It works great on images that are 13x13 or smaller. But with larger images you have to cure in two stages. I would say just deal with it till it makes you some money first. It's a good flash. It's just a bit small.

Old June 4th, 2012 Jun 4, 2012 6:56:00 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

No, I would raise the Flash Dryer an inch higher so it'll cover a larger area.

Also, how long are you curing it for? How long after screen printing and curing are you washing it? You need to wait two or three days.

We use a Flash to cure now, and we've made hundreds since we've started using the flash only. Of couse my back is killing me standing around so much, lol.

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 6:16:38 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James

Curing a large design with a flash takes longer to cure than it does to print and you are never sure. Before I got my belt dryer, I would do one side then swing to the other with a little overlap. I printed a five hundred shirt order that way it took all day. It really makes me appreciate my belt dryer

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 3:52:14 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I had one too, but it's much faster running things through it. The OP has a flash though.

The corner she's showing could also be due to the offset in the back being too high. Can't tell by the picture.

This is a discussion about Ink drying problem that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in