Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Plastisol Ink Screen Printing
Discuss the different plastisol screen printing inks and curing methods on the market. Share tips on getting the best results with the different ink manufacturers.

Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2011 Dec 22, 2011 2:41:23 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimic
haha, i did the same thing.
lol glad I'm not alone

So I just have to say the REAL push stroke is fantastic with a capital F! I'm still learning, but my prints are coming out sooo much better today with the use of the push stroke. I have had a few complete solid images with just P/F/P . My confidence is starting to grow and I'm feeling good about the quality of shirts I'm producing!

Thank you guys for pointing me in this direction!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2011 Dec 22, 2011 2:51:53 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Gerry

Default Re: Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht?

Keep us posted if you have any more questions. Oh when you say PFP you dont have to do that with a 1 color print unless you are doing white ink on darks.

Old December 22nd, 2011 Dec 22, 2011 3:11:02 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht?

I'm working on 2 color prints red and black right now. I think with the push stroke in my arsenal now I may even go back and attempt the white ink on black shirts again soon(maybe lol)

Old December 22nd, 2011 Dec 22, 2011 3:19:13 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Gerry

If the colors are not touching in the artwork you could get away with out flashing if you are on a light colored shirt. There are some variables to contend with when printing wet on wet though like printing light to dark or small to big. Some inks are better at printing wet on wet as well.

Old January 13th, 2012 Jan 13, 2012 5:57:30 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Chad
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd1180
I'm new to screen printing and I'm printing a two color red and black design. I'm using 230 yellow mesh for each color(I want a softer feel to the shirts). My question is sometimes after I do a print I hold it up in the light and parts of the image are slightly see through(other parts of the image block out the light completely). When the shirt is not in front of a direct bright light or still on the platen the print looks perfect.

My question is what is causing this to occur and how can it be corrected? Also is it ok for it to look like that or is that a bad print and should it not be sold? Also Will it affect quality & durability of the shirt?

This issue and these question may have a pretty obvious answers, but I've only been screen printing for about 2 wks and I'm just trying to learn.

Thank you for all your help,
I think this is totally normal.

This is a discussion about Is it ok for print on shirt to be see through when held up to lgiht? that was posted in the Plastisol Ink Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in