Best commercial small-scale (~200/mo pieces) pad printer? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Pad Printing
Discuss the various aspects of pad printing. Equipment, supplies, substrates and more

Best commercial small-scale (~200/mo pieces) pad printer?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 1:14:33 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best commercial small-scale (~200/mo pieces) pad printer?

If you need for up to 200 glasses per month I would advise you to sub contact it.
By the time you buy machine, ink, air compressor, plates, oven (don't forget you have to bake them) you will be so much in red that 200 peaces per month will take a loooong time before you are back in black.
Don't forget that there is steep learning curve (with a lot of hair pulling) for glassware printing and it will take a lot of your time.
If you decide to go down that road, I would advise you never to get manual pad printer. You will end up going nowhere and most probably you will toss it at the end.
If money is an issue, at DigitSmith you can get good second hand semi automatic one for few hundred bucks.
If money is not great issue go with new one. I would contact Tom at WinonUSA. His machines are of great quality and his knowledge is priceless. He will be there for you to guide you and help you when you are stuck and trust me, there will be a lot of such instances

Last edited by Adam_N; October 13th, 2014 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: grammar

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2014 Oct 14, 2014 5:12:44 AM -   #17 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_N
...oven (don't forget you have to bake them).....
There are lots of very good air dry inks these days......For small runs an oven is not needed.....

Old October 14th, 2014 Oct 14, 2014 8:34:24 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royster13
There are lots of very good air dry inks these days......For small runs an oven is not needed.....
That is true to some degree.
Ink that is designed for printing on metal and ink for glass and ceramic will air dry on glass after few days providing that is not to humid or to cold, but if you want for print on glass, and to be dish washer safe you have to use ink for glass and ceramic and to bake it straight after printing.
At least, I am not aware of any ink manufacturer that will guarantee for their ink to be dish washer safe unless it has been baked.

This is a discussion about Best commercial small-scale (~200/mo pieces) pad printer? that was posted in the Pad Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in