Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Pad Printing
Discuss the various aspects of pad printing. Equipment, supplies, substrates and more

Water washout plates

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 4th, 2013 Aug 4, 2013 2:59:12 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Water washout plates

I've been using water washout plates. I can get close to getting the etch to the correct depth but, can't seem to hit it right on the head. It's always a little too deep.
I'm using a Vastex E2331 light table, it has six 20 watt white black light fluorescent bulbs.
I do the first burn at 1.5 minutes, remove the positive, add the 200 lpi positive, burn it again for 1.5 minutes then washout the plate for 1 minute.
I've tried to increase the 2nd burn with the halftone to achieve a etch with less depth but this seems to add a texture to the plate and the ink cup sticks to it and does not slide easily when printing. I've also decreased the washout time to 30 seconds to try to achieve a lesser depth on the etch.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are there plates that don't require a 2nd burn with the halftone screen? I would like to get some plates that has emulsion that is the correct depth so I just have to do 1 burn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2013 Aug 16, 2013 6:40:38 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Bryan

Default Re: Water washout plates

Its not a matter of getting a plate that doesn't require a second burn. That etch the lines screen puts in helps the cup make a clean "squeegee" when going across it so it doesn't leave excess ink behind.

Unfortunately there is not 1 time setting that works for everyone because it is affected by the brand of plate you are using, the intensity of your bulbs and sometimes even the exposure unit itself.

However if your etch is too deep I would lengthen the time on your first exposure. This fixes that issue with the plates we sell and should work with whatever plates you are buying from your distributor.

If you need additional help feel free to send me a PM and I will try to help the best I can.

Bryan
Impression Technology
Impression Technology USA

Old August 17th, 2013 Aug 17, 2013 7:56:34 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin

Default Re: Water washout plates

Thanks I did add more time to the first burn and to the second. This did give me better results.

This is a discussion about Water washout plates that was posted in the Pad Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in