Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Pad Printing
Discuss the various aspects of pad printing. Equipment, supplies, substrates and more

Pad Printing

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2013 Jan 21, 2013 8:23:51 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jazz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Pad Printing

Hi
I am looking to add pad printing to my shop. I already do screen printing, embroidery, cutting plotter, sublimation, trophies, banners as well as other things. Does anyone have any advise for me? I would like to get an inexpensive one to start off and if it takes off then buy a nicer one. any advise would be appericiated.
thanks
jazz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2013 Jan 22, 2013 2:57:47 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Patrick
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Pad Printing

Research the machines you see thoroughly. There a bunch of people out there looking to sell pad printers they bought as part of a "print at home" business opportunity for tens of thousands of dollars. The machines these folks are looking to sell are worth a couple hundred bucks but many sellers want thousands because they are trying to recoup the cost of buying into this pad printing opportunity. Also, many of these machines use proprietary plates and cups that they will not sell to people outside of their bizop.

All of that being said, I've looked at the equipment from InkCups Now at many shows. Their gear seems to be well built.

The Following User Says Thank You to headfirst For This Useful Post:
Rodney (July 3rd, 2013)
Old January 22nd, 2013 Jan 22, 2013 5:09:33 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rich

Headfirst is correct. Be careful if you buy a used one. If it came from a business in a box organization you will have a hard time getting support or supplies without buying into their program. I have a machine like the Inkcups Now B-150 and it's a wonderful printer. Works great. When I used it. Never use it now. Found out that unless you are going to buy an exteme amount of the blank product you can't get it cheap enough to justify the labor of printing yourself. Unless you are going after a niche market I would take the money and join PPAI and Sage and buy the promotional products already decorated.

The Following User Says Thank You to lrsbranding For This Useful Post:
Rodney (July 3rd, 2013)

Old January 22nd, 2013 Jan 22, 2013 5:20:09 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsbranding
Headfirst is correct. Be careful if you buy a used one. If it came from a business in a box organization you will have a hard time getting support or supplies without buying into their program. I have a machine like the Inkcups Now B-150 and it's a wonderful printer. Works great. When I used it. Never use it now. Found out that unless you are going to buy an exteme amount of the blank product you can't get it cheap enough to justify the labor of printing yourself. Unless you are going after a niche market I would take the money and join PPAI and Sage and buy the promotional products already decorated.
Perfect answer.....

Old March 19th, 2013 Mar 19, 2013 7:09:32 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Cathie NeoCHICK

Go to http://www.screenprintsupply.com/ they offer several models (1,2,3 and 4 color) and all the supplies. Plus they offer a 1 day instructional class. You will leave the class with no reservations on what you are capable of printing or how to print a difficult item.
I own a NeoFlex, NeoSol and a Pad printer from this vendor and would reccomend this company to anyone looking for a quality built machine and the best product support I have ever encountered.
Cathie

The Following User Says Thank You to twistinthewick For This Useful Post:
Rodney (July 3rd, 2013)
Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 2:28:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin

I have a one color model from www.inkcups.com. They have 1, 2, 3 & 4 color models. They also offer plate making services and a host of automation for pad printers if and when you get that big. They make their own pads for printing at the facility and have their own line of inks and offer unlimited support in any aspect of pad printing and promotional item manufacturing. I just bought it about 1 month ago. You also get free training and instruction. I really love this machine and the support staff.

Old July 17th, 2013 Jul 17, 2013 4:39:37 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Christina

what does a pad machine look like anyways?

Old July 17th, 2013 Jul 17, 2013 5:58:40 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Richie Rich
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccreations201
what does a pad machine look like anyways?
Let me google that for you

Old July 22nd, 2013 Jul 22, 2013 5:42:48 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Christina

Sorry I don't like clicking on links but if someone could post a pic that would be great!

Old July 22nd, 2013 Jul 22, 2013 4:03:10 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Richie Rich
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry I don't like clicking on links but if someone could post a pic that would be great!
If only you did click on links, you'd see how ironic this is!

Old July 22nd, 2013 Jul 22, 2013 4:12:08 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I clicked on it. It takes you to: Let Me Google That For you, and types in the search criteria and goes straight to the information you want. How cool is that.

If she doesn't want to click on the link than she could type in Pad Printer in a search engine.

We bought a single color Pad Printer from All American Screen Print Supplies. Never used it, but I still bought the starter package and went to training.

It's easy enough to buy the ink, thinner, and hardener and make a jig for your screen printing press.

Old August 25th, 2013 Aug 25, 2013 10:07:29 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Are you kidding me!!!
I don't think the Internet is the place for you (your far too cautious!)

Old August 25th, 2013 Aug 25, 2013 11:30:08 AM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Isn't that the truth. Maybe he or she doesn't have Anti virus/Internet security.

Old August 25th, 2013 Aug 25, 2013 1:57:56 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Yes there is a biz op company that sell a pad printing system as well as a screen printing system that had sort of second tier machines... example is their pad printer is an open ink system rather than a closed ink system...they do what they say..buy any machine and you get a free week training at their headquarters...you pay your own way their....I did buy into their pad printing system...and never felt used it..this was over 13 years ago..BUT it did give entry into the world of promotional products plus membership into ASI,PPAI and Sage...so I equate my purchase as an entry fee..HOWEVER to buy a used system from this company is not a very good purchase,

Old August 26th, 2013 Aug 26, 2013 8:12:44 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jazz

hi charles
thanks for the info. i had intentions to get into the pad printing business since we do quit a bit of promotional products but after doing some research, it is cheaper to just have the big companies do it for you then having to buy the blank items and doing it yourself.
jazz

This is a discussion about Pad Printing that was posted in the Pad Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in