Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Offline Retail and Tradeshows
Discuss the process of getting your t-shirt line into brick and mortar stores and selling offline. Topics include industry tradeshows, events, line sheets, sales reps and other retailing tips and advice.

Who's going to the SURF show in Orlando Jan. 10-12?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BikerBill
  • 1 Post By BikerBill
  • 1 Post By BikerBill
  • 1 Post By BikerBill

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2018 Dec 29, 2018 1:14:44 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Who's going to the SURF show in Orlando Jan. 10-12?

Anyone else besides me going to the SURF expo show in Orlando, Fl. Jan. 10-12 2019? I see a good 5 or more of the big transfer, screen printing and others will be there.

Like Artbrands, Wildside and others. There are hundreds of booths, a bit overwhelming. I always end up interested in far too many different items to start selling, only to never get back to them as I don't have the capitol to spend.

Past 2 years I went with a pretty girl; downside to that was all the guys in the booths asking if they could help us and stopping us to chat. I'll be by myself this year; never have that problem when I'm alone!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 1st, 2019 Jan 1, 2019 3:29:52 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Who's going to the SURF show in Orlando Jan. 10-12?

Hmmmm, nobody? Well if anyone does go it is a very big show with lots to see. A big mix of surf and beach items plus apparel decorating booths. I have a bunch of transfers that do not work I'm going to show the folks at Wildside.

Old January 2nd, 2019 Jan 2, 2019 9:46:13 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

have fun bill!

come back with pictures and tall-tales of 40' waves

The Following User Says Thank You to into the T For This Useful Post:
BikerBill (January 2nd, 2019)

Old January 3rd, 2019 Jan 3, 2019 5:30:04 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Fionn

take some pics if you don't mind. I'm too far away to get there but I do print a lot of surf tee's.

Enjoy

Old January 3rd, 2019 Jan 3, 2019 5:39:52 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionn101
take some pics if you don't mind. I'm too far away to get there but I do print a lot of surf tee's.

Enjoy
Sure, I'll try to take some pics. It takes me all day to see all the booths, there are so many. I must admit it is super fun to see all the surf stuff. They have so many cool gadgets these days.

I saw one thing that looks like a torpedo. You put it in the water, attach your ski rope to it and remotely control it to pull you around. Plus tons of super cool floats, boats and so on.

Old January 11th, 2019 Jan 11, 2019 4:37:40 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Well I'm off to the show today. I guess there will be a little over 1,000 booths! Going to be very tired at the end of the day. Hopefully I will find new products to sell and new designs to put on shirts.
into the T likes this.

Old January 13th, 2019 Jan 13, 2019 6:17:46 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Well I went to the SURF expo Friday and Saturday. Boy that is a big show, over 1,000 booths. I forgot to take any pics, sorry. There were a dozen or so heat transfer companies there, 2 that I already buy from.

One big thing I got from the show was a place that sells rhinestone designs you heat press on shirts. I've bought some before from other companies but they never worked that great.

These however work fine and look fantastic. I sell biker stuff and they had Daytona Beach 2019 bike week designs. So I'm going to try rhinestone designs for the first time. I sell ladies colored denim biker shirts and vest that will look great with them.

One thing I learned is that different companies can be vastly different when it comes to price and amounts you have to buy. One place that sells rhinestone designs said I had to buy a minimum of 100 per design, and to make it worthwhile I should buy 10 or so designs.

That means the smallest order from them would be a few thousand dollars! This other place had the same designs plus much more that looked better. They had a minimum of only 12 to 24 per design each.

I bought 7 or 8 designs for a total of 500 bucks. So it pays to always search several companies no matter what you are buying.

They also had a lot of cool gift shop type of booths. I'm going to add a lot of stuff like that to my stores. As I sell biker stuff I will get items like flask with pirates on them, skull pipes, biker jewelry, pirate chest and stuff like that.

So hopefully this will be the year I start selling a lot of rhinestone designed shirts, vest and jackets. They hold this show twice a year here in Orlando, so if you get the chance go to one.
into the T likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to BikerBill For This Useful Post:
into the T (January 13th, 2019)
Old January 13th, 2019 Jan 13, 2019 9:15:53 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

thanks for the update

all the best in your new diversification,
sounds like you have a pretty good handle on your audience

can you post a pic or two of these rhinestone designs post-pressing?
sounds interesting, as i've always assumed they were more geared for the pre-teen girl crowd

Old January 13th, 2019 Jan 13, 2019 9:34:56 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
thanks for the update

all the best in your new diversification,
sounds like you have a pretty good handle on your audience

can you post a pic or two of these rhinestone designs post-pressing?
sounds interesting, as i've always assumed they were more geared for the pre-teen girl crowd
Your welcome. Sure once I get them I will post some pics. Although it's true the younger girls love them plenty of older women like rhinestone designs too.

Biker babes love showing off their "biker bling" clothing and they are popular with them. Same for biker patches, which I sell a lot of.

At biker events you can find very beautiful ladies denim shirts with rhinestone flourishes all over the back, up the shoulders, down the sleeves and all over the front. They can sell them for over 100 bucks. Seems very time consuming however.
into the T likes this.

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 5, 2019 7:42:06 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Brian

Hi Bill, I've been considering going to the Surf show. A little pricey since I will be coming from Seattle. Either way, the registration process requires a referral from some other attendee. It's an odd request since you kinda need to know someone in the industry to get in. How were you able to address this requirement since you are selling biker shirts/accessories?

Thanks, Brian

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 6, 2019 5:01:17 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansSideHustle
Hi Bill, I've been considering going to the Surf show. A little pricey since I will be coming from Seattle. Either way, the registration process requires a referral from some other attendee. It's an odd request since you kinda need to know someone in the industry to get in. How were you able to address this requirement since you are selling biker shirts/accessories?

Thanks, Brian
Hi there. They cancelled this fall's show due to Hurricane Dorian. That was a bummer. I have been going for several years and don't remember how I got in the first time.

Nobody referred me. I go to the ISS show too, which is always held at the same time right next to it. That is much smaller but has some great booths. Maybe they just asked if I want to join the SURF expo and I said yes, I don't remember.

The next SURF expo is Jan. 2020. I just checked and this year the ISS spring show is not till April. The SURF show is huge, well worth going to. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to BikerBill For This Useful Post:
BriansSideHustle (4 Days Ago)

This is a discussion about Who's going to the SURF show in Orlando Jan. 10-12? that was posted in the Offline Retail and Tradeshows section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in