Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Offline Retail and Tradeshows
Discuss the process of getting your t-shirt line into brick and mortar stores and selling offline. Topics include industry tradeshows, events, line sheets, sales reps and other retailing tips and advice.

Honest retail price for this zip jacket

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leg cramps

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2015 Nov 14, 2015 7:42:59 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Joshua
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Honest retail price for this zip jacket

What is an honest retail price for this jacket if i were to sell it at a place like zumiez, pac sun, tilly's, etc. http://www.alphabroder.com/cgi-bin/o...urrentColor=EB

I know of the typical retail pricing method but if this jacket is around $20 for production then i dont feel like it is worth $80 retail. I was thinking around $27 wholesale so it could be like $54 retail (with my logo of course). I'm just not sure if a jacket like this is honestly worth that much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2015 Nov 15, 2015 3:09:31 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Bill
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Honest retail price for this zip jacket

double the cost price for retial seems reasonable for a hoodie jacket like that.

Old November 16th, 2015 Nov 16, 2015 7:57:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Why are you worried about the retail price if your wholesaling? Its not your decision to make. The store you sold it to sets the pricing not you. But if you are asking if people will pay $70-80 for a $26 decorated garment the answer is YES. Heck even an undecorated garment sells. Unfortunately the store wont pay you that kind wholesale price when they can get that from another wholesaler for $8 bucks decorated.
TripleCrown likes this.

Old November 16th, 2015 Nov 16, 2015 11:28:20 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Joshua
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The reason I need to know the retail estimation price now is for my webstore pricing so that it stays somewhat consistent with what they are going to ask for, thanks for the input.

Old November 16th, 2015 Nov 16, 2015 11:54:05 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would charge triple my costs. I can get that sweatshirt for under $15...add a few bucks for the decorating and shipping - call it $20...I would retail it for $50-$60

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
TripleCrown (November 16th, 2015)

This is a discussion about Honest retail price for this zip jacket that was posted in the Offline Retail and Tradeshows section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in