Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Offline Retail and Tradeshows
Discuss the process of getting your t-shirt line into brick and mortar stores and selling offline. Topics include industry tradeshows, events, line sheets, sales reps and other retailing tips and advice.

Help: how do you calculate wholesale price?

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2011 Jan 15, 2011 1:35:32 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sheryl
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help: how do you calculate wholesale price?

Great thread and some great advice here. I am just starting out as well and this information has been very informative. Would anyone have any advice for minimum quantity to offer wholesale pricing on? Also, is there some kind of standard form that one uses to qualify someone for wholesale pricing? Do they need to show tax ID or something?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2011 Jan 15, 2011 6:37:38 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

As the volume goes up you need to allow the slide of tee wholesale and divided fixed cost benefits which would slide proportionately, especially multiplied over more designs.

Old January 16th, 2011 Jan 16, 2011 10:34:34 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

For retail, I sell my shirts at $14 per shirt. every 25 ordered, the cost is reduced by one dollar, until it's $10. The only way to go below 50% profit per shirt is bulk purchases, and that's non refundable.

Old February 22nd, 2011 Feb 22, 2011 9:25:10 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Karl & Lee

This is a great thread! We're just trying to work out wholesale prices .... this may be a stupid question, but when you work out your costs, do you include your time, or is it purely material costs?

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 6:34:32 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

If you have any advice about software/program to calculate wholesale price for me,
please let me know!
Thank you

Old March 29th, 2011 Mar 29, 2011 6:39:53 PM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

kimura-mma's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,511 Posts

Just use a calculator. Add up your costs to produce your product, then double it to get your wholesale price.

Old March 30th, 2011 Mar 30, 2011 4:39:27 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: tom

standard 50% of retail selling price. custom stuff another matter. costs plus 35-40 percent mark up! my opinion, uncletee.

Old April 14th, 2013 Apr 14, 2013 3:21:13 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Voy

as far as calculating an estimate for a customer based on amount of pcs ordered w/o knowing the sizes yet, is there some sort of chart that shows the typical size breakdown? like what percent is usually small, large, etc?

should i be worried that an unexpected amount of pricier 2xl shirts will bone my profit margin?

i'm spose to estimate for a non profit and it's like 500-1000 pcs and i wanna make it as cheap as possible and profitable.

or am i just beyond the whole wholesale concept and base it on how long it'll take and how much i wanna make?

Old November 3rd, 2014 Nov 3, 2014 7:48:05 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiyou
I'm also working on a wholesale program/pricing, and appreciate this thread.

Don't forget about the idea of selling "Packs." A pack might contain quantity six shirts of the same base color and style, containing a size configuration of 2:2:2 (i.e. 2 small, 2 medium, 2 large), or 1:2:2:1 (1 xtra small, 2 medium, 2 large, 1 extra large).
VERY NICE !

I was thinking to make the same !
So i know that the same style of T-Shirts i will produce are selling around 25$ ( This is the price that i will sell them on Amazone as well ) so my price for any retailer will be 12,5 + TAX ( Good price or should it be 12,5 including TAX ?? )

I was planning to make a selling "Pack" for retailers with my first line of 8 different designs, i was thinking of it to be the main condition of the sell so the store can expose all different designs that are in my first line

1 model x3 of all 5 sizes ( S/M/L/XL/XXL ) = 15 Shirts per design (By that way the retailer can have one exposed on the shelf and 2 other ones of the same design and it's size in stock)

So it brings me to Pack's of 120 T-Shirts
IS THIS TO MUCH TO SELL FOR A RETAILER ???
What are the quantities of shirts that retailer would buy from you per design ?

Old March 30th, 2020 Mar 30, 2020 11:46:19 AM -   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

When you are buying from Volcom, DC, are they up charging for xxl and when you sell, what formula do you use for xxl , are you marking up the same as your vendor is charging you?

This is a discussion about Help: how do you calculate wholesale price? that was posted in the Offline Retail and Tradeshows section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in