Getting into the ISS held in Orlando - do I need a UPIC number? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Offline Retail and Tradeshows
Discuss the process of getting your t-shirt line into brick and mortar stores and selling offline. Topics include industry tradeshows, events, line sheets, sales reps and other retailing tips and advice.

Getting into the ISS held in Orlando - do I need a UPIC number?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 6:56:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Getting into the ISS held in Orlando - do I need a UPIC number?

I am looking to get into screen printing on a hobby type basis and maybe more when I retire. I live in Florida and would like to go to the Orlando ISS Trade Show to get a better idea of what is out there in terms of suppliers, equipment, etc.

I found out that to get into the trade floor I need to have a UPIC # and to get that I needed to prove that I am in the “business” so to speak.

Is there anyway for someone starting out to get a UPIC #? Or am I really unable to attend. Much thanks for any info or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 7:22:52 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Getting into the ISS held in Orlando

Hi Josh, you can attend. Here's a link to get a discount pass: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/offline...ws/t35613.html

I don't think you need a UPIC#. If you use the registration code posted in that thread, you should have no problems registering.

If you run into a problem, post the error here in this thread and we can walk you through it.

The folks that run the show also post here in the forums and they can help you out.

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 8:08:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yes I did see this https://www.t-shirtforums.com/offline...ws/t35613.html link and thats what made me want to go even more but after researching the ISS website I found this disclaimer at the bottom of the screen(*Attendees must obtain a UPIC to qualify for admission to the show, but not for education classes*) I wanted to make sure I didn't pay the money and travel to Orlando and not be admitted entry. Here is the link and it is at the bottom left of page.

Imprinted Sportswear Shows - Orlando

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 8:20:56 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinners
Yes I did see this https://www.t-shirtforums.com/offline...ws/t35613.html link and thats what made me want to go even more but after researching the ISS website I found this disclaimer at the bottom of the screen(*Attendees must obtain a UPIC to qualify for admission to the show, but not for education classes*) I wanted to make sure I didn't pay the money and travel to Orlando and not be admitted entry. Here is the link and it is at the bottom left of page.

Imprinted Sportswear Shows - Orlando
No, you won't be denied entry if you pay the money.

Be sure you follow the link in that thread and use the pass in that thread (if you're going to attend classes).

If you are just going to look at vendors and walk the trade show floor, you can get in for free.

If you want to take the educational classes, training and seminars, then there is a fee for that.

Either way, you should be able to register and attend just fine without someone blocking you at the door because you don't have a UPIC number

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 8:54:50 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
No, you won't be denied entry if you pay the money.

Be sure you follow the link in that thread and use the pass in that thread (if you're going to attend classes).

If you are just going to look at vendors and walk the trade show floor, you can get in for free.

If you want to take the educational classes, training and seminars, then there is a fee for that.

Either way, you should be able to register and attend just fine without someone blocking you at the door because you don't have a UPIC number
Rodney,
Thanks very much for the replies. My brother is coming down from New York to attend with me and I just wanted to make sure there was not going to be an issue getting in. Greatly appreciated.

Old January 12th, 2008 Jan 12, 2008 7:48:15 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Getting into the ISS held in Orlando - do I need a UPIC number?

Josh,

The UPIC is a free number that is managed by PPAI to provides you access to a wide variety of service providers that will personalize just about anything that your customers want and you basically just mark the cost up some to your customers and make some money. Most of these service providers are not on the screen printing or embroidery side - although there are companies that will do contract services for the larger runs that you don't want to do. They will do awards, pens, mugs,..., but are really looking to do long runs.

PPAI and ISS are doing some co-promotions this year and in the future. In the past, you had to be a member of the promotional products industry if you wanted access into the trade show floor. Thus, the need for a UPIC, ASI, SAGE or DistributorCentral #s. I can only imagine that they would have a portion of the floor segmented off that would require you to get a UPIC #, but I could be wrong. Best way would to call ISS up directly and ask them. Even if there was a requirement, it is a free code and I am sure you can sign up for one at the show.

Hope you enjoy the show.

Mark

Old February 1st, 2008 Feb 1, 2008 7:16:27 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
Josh,

The UPIC is a free number that is managed by PPAI to provides you access to a wide variety of service providers that will personalize just about anything that your customers want and you basically just mark the cost up some to your customers and make some money. Most of these service providers are not on the screen printing or embroidery side - although there are companies that will do contract services for the larger runs that you don't want to do. They will do awards, pens, mugs,..., but are really looking to do long runs.

PPAI and ISS are doing some co-promotions this year and in the future. In the past, you had to be a member of the promotional products industry if you wanted access into the trade show floor. Thus, the need for a UPIC, ASI, SAGE or DistributorCentral #s. I can only imagine that they would have a portion of the floor segmented off that would require you to get a UPIC #, but I could be wrong. Best way would to call ISS up directly and ask them. Even if there was a requirement, it is a free code and I am sure you can sign up for one at the show.

Hope you enjoy the show.

Mark
Hey Everyone,

Just to clear up the confusion, you do NOT need a UPIC to get into the ISS show. That is only for the PPAI show which will be co-located with ISS Atlanta and ISS Ft. Worth. PPAI will offer free session at ISS Orlando however (no UPIC required). They are just drop in sessions that you do not have to register for....Check them out on PPAI Market Shows

For anyone that has not signed up for ISS Orlando, use the code TSHIRT to get in for free. All t-shirt forums members are invited to meet at the Impression booth in Orlando and speak directly with the editors of the magazine as well....

Thanks!

Mary Ann

Old February 8th, 2008 Feb 8, 2008 11:13:04 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: trenzza - Alex

Just finished our first day at the show. Made some great contacts. Spent the first day really sourcing every single blank t-shirt supplier. Not everyone was there but the big ones and some surprising small ones are there. Had a nice heart to heart with the owner over at A1 about some issues we've had and he gave it to me straight and that was much appreciated.

Day two will be focused more on the embellishment side of the business. I hope to update everyone with that tomorrow. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

This is a discussion about Getting into the ISS held in Orlando - do I need a UPIC number? that was posted in the Offline Retail and Tradeshows section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in