Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Offline Retail and Tradeshows
Discuss the process of getting your t-shirt line into brick and mortar stores and selling offline. Topics include industry tradeshows, events, line sheets, sales reps and other retailing tips and advice.

Custom Tent/Canopy Cost?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2010 Feb 18, 2010 1:45:47 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Sandy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Custom Tent/Canopy Cost?

Has anyone had a custom tent/canopy made? I am thinking about having my logo and brand name printed on a tent and wanted to get an idea of what the cost may be. Does anyone know what a custom tent usually runs??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2010 Feb 19, 2010 5:18:47 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Chuy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Custom Tent/Canopy Cost?

I've seen that, but I'll have to look for it. One vendor I saw had banners made the length of his tent and the banners had a loop on each end and he would use tubing attached to the legs of the canopy and the banner would slide into the tubing creating a sing above the tent. I don;t know if this would work for you.

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 11:14:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: lindseypaige

Wink Re: Custom Tent/Canopy Cost?

I looked into it NOT WORTH IT
I don't remember the exact amount but all i know is that Sams Club had E-Z up tents although not as sweet as having one with your brand/logo you can easy hire someone or spray yourself your brand or what not or what a lot of people do is get a banner and hang it on the top of the tent

I just checked and sams still does have the E-Z up tents which in my experience is the best brand because it actually is really easy..

When i was at warped tour i had my tent set up within literally 3 minutes while a few of the people around me had some trouble..

Sam's Club - E-Z Up Instant Shelter Canopy - 10' x 10'

Also if you dont want to spray paint it or do a banner I'm guessing you could so some sort of vinyal sticker?

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 8:59:08 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thank you, I checked out the Sams site you put out and that might be better to go with....cheaper too. I thought about the spray painting before the custom work but don't know where to go to have that done. I think the spray paint would look so much more bad @**. I still have some time before i need the tent so I'll look around as to who can spray paint my logo. Thanks again.

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 9:36:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Michael

Look up a company named North Star, $2500 thats for custom printed cover on top and all 4 sides, the frame, and costume sides bars, we use the ones that mount about 3 feet off the ground and they hang to the ground to in close our space, those are custom printed as well. all for about 2500 bucks.

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 9:53:33 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks Michael. I'll check it out. Do you guys have a 10x10?

Old February 25th, 2010 Feb 25, 2010 10:06:02 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

we have 10X10's and 10X20's it just depends on what show or races we go to and how much room we have to deal with

Old February 26th, 2010 Feb 26, 2010 4:24:57 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: lindseypaige

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmeprinting
Thank you, I checked out the Sams site you put out and that might be better to go with....cheaper too. I thought about the spray painting before the custom work but don't know where to go to have that done. I think the spray paint would look so much more bad @**. I still have some time before i need the tent so I'll look around as to who can spray paint my logo. Thanks again.

if you go to a tattoo place im sure you can get a tattoo artist to do it
and yess a lot more BA and ALOT less $

Old February 26th, 2010 Feb 26, 2010 6:28:07 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Anthony

The majority of the tents you can embellish with psa vinyl, or paint. Any decent sign guy should be able to help you out, we are going to create a couple of our own for promotions this summer.

Old March 6th, 2010 Mar 6, 2010 10:52:21 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxikn
I've seen that, but I'll have to look for it. One vendor I saw had banners made the length of his tent and the banners had a loop on each end and he would use tubing attached to the legs of the canopy and the banner would slide into the tubing creating a sing above the tent. I don;t know if this would work for you.
I just got a 10x10 ez up from craigs list. $50! Its great, I am going to do the method mentioned above for the signage. I just need to find some kind of mount for the poles to attach to. I figure I can make them or somebody might make brackets that attach to the tent legs that would hold the signage.

Old March 6th, 2010 Mar 6, 2010 10:53:58 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

If you attaching banners make sure it is staked down well or your tent becomes a huge kite.

Old March 6th, 2010 Mar 6, 2010 5:31:54 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I seen some at races get cot in a up draft and go 150 up and then come crashing down. defiantly saucer them down, and just plan on the worst so when it comes.............. you will be one of the ones that dont have a bad day

Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 2:17:35 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

After thinking it over and reading everyone's helpful responses, I think I'm going to spray paint my canopy. I have a plotter and tons of vinyl. I'm pretty nervous about it but the price they quoted me is way more than I would like to spend especially since I'm doing a huge festival and the more funds I save the more products I can prepare for the festival.

I'm a little nervous about it...if I mess it up I'm going to have one hideous tent...lol. Can anyone tell me if there is a special spray paint I need to use on the canopy material? Or is regular spray paint ok to use. It would not be cool if it rained on my canopy and my paint slides off....lol...or when I go to set it up the canopy has stuck together because of the paint. Not sure if that's possible but asking just in case 'cause that would be embarrasing to open the canopy and little bald patches everywhere..lol. Just things I'm thinking about and want to know before I go all graffiti on my canopy. Also, can spray paint be used for banner material??? Thanks guys for any help you can throw my way!

Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 7:07:35 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

depending on the material of the canopy, just use psa vinyl and make it easier on yourself.

Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 3:29:51 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Chuy

Hey Sandy you thought about getting it airbrushed?
What show are you doing, is it in the Houston area? I'm from the Houston area myself.

This is a discussion about Custom Tent/Canopy Cost? that was posted in the Offline Retail and Tradeshows section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in