Printer Printing in the same Spot! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

Printer Printing in the same Spot!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stitch-Up

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2019 Apr 17, 2019 8:41:52 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Printer Printing in the same Spot!

Okay, so prepared the Neo for a printing session, tried printing a nozzle check and all was okay. I then attempted to print a 2nd nozzle check but, the printer didn't move forward to print the various parts of the check! The printed output was fine just all on top of one another!

So I restarted the printer and tried again with the same result. I also advanced the printer using the forward button and attempted a nozzle check again but the same result!

I switched the printer and the base off, left for 5 mins and then back on again - same result.

I checked the sensors at each end of the base and the one behind where the printhead sits - I even replaced this one, but no joy

The PLC unit is displaying correctly and as the printer moves along the bed, the numbers change on the PLC. I have no reason to believe the problem lies with the PLC.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2019 Apr 18, 2019 6:41:30 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Printer Printing in the same Spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch-Up
Okay, so prepared the Neo for a printing session, tried printing a nozzle check and all was okay. I then attempted to print a 2nd nozzle check but, the printer didn't move forward to print the various parts of the check! The printed output was fine just all on top of one another!

So I restarted the printer and tried again with the same result. I also advanced the printer using the forward button and attempted a nozzle check again but the same result!

I switched the printer and the base off, left for 5 mins and then back on again - same result.

I checked the sensors at each end of the base and the one behind where the printhead sits - I even replaced this one, but no joy

The PLC unit is displaying correctly and as the printer moves along the bed, the numbers change on the PLC. I have no reason to believe the problem lies with the PLC.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

John
We had the samething happen to us not that long ago and I couldn't figure it out and I just replaced both front and back limit sensor on the bed at the same time and everything was fine after that. If i had to venture a guess I'd say your front sensor on the bed is bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghoster32111 For This Useful Post:
Stitch-Up (April 18th, 2019)
Old April 18th, 2019 Apr 18, 2019 8:32:18 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks James,

I'll try that in the morning as I've sorta given up for the day now! I think I need a fresh mindset before doing any more

I've encountered sensor problems before.

I'll come back and let you know if it works.

Old April 18th, 2019 Apr 18, 2019 10:12:22 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I know I have some bed sensors in my stock - can I find them?!!!!

May I ask where you got your sensors James? Any part number if they're available from various sources?

Thanks

Old April 18th, 2019 Apr 18, 2019 10:20:58 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:

May I ask where you got your sensors James? Any part number if they're available from various sources?

Thanks
I bought a bunch of them off ebay a long while back but I think DTG mart sells them and if it is not on the website send them a message they might have them somewhere.

Old April 18th, 2019 Apr 18, 2019 10:45:14 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:

Thanks
I found them on DTG Mart here, https://www.dtgmart.com/product/part...t-base-sensor/

You made me realize I do not have anymore and started searching myself lol.

Old April 19th, 2019 Apr 19, 2019 4:40:35 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I found a couple of bed sensors and replaced the front one. I also replaced the one behind the printhead through which the encoder strip runs but still no joy! Also replaced the short flat cable attaching to the encoder strip board.

Occasionally when I print a nozzle check it works fine - the printer advancing between each print travel other times it just doesn't advance and prints on top of each other!

When I try and print from the PC I get the same or possible micro advances of the printer (hard to tell).

So I'm really stuck - first time for me and I'm out of ideas now

Anyone know where the base gets its signal from to tell it to advance the printer from the front to rear as it prints? Each swipe print the printer doesn't activate a sensor at either end as it doesn't travel all the way back to any sensor.

Last edited by Stitch-Up; April 19th, 2019 at 05:54 AM..

Old April 20th, 2019 Apr 20, 2019 5:24:22 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

UPDATE:
Success is so sweet especially when you've pulled all your hair out in sheer frustration.

I removed a 15 pin cable from a 2nd transport base I had, fitted to the problem printer and voila!

It's working great again

Thanks to those who contributed and I hope my solution will assist others.

Some did suggest replacing the cable and referred to it as an SVGA cable. An SVGA or VGA cable has a male plug on either end so I'm still wondering about that - did you guys fit a gender changer? An SVGA extension cable does have Male/Female but it didn't work for me which is a little strange.

John

This is a discussion about Printer Printing in the same Spot! that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in