NEOFLEX one pass printing - Page 16 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

NEOFLEX one pass printing

Like Tree104Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 27th, 2015 Mar 27, 2015 7:04:10 PM -   #226 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Default Re: NEOFLEX one pass printing

Also the bleed can be reduced by turning the white highlight down to 89~93.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2015 Mar 27, 2015 7:29:27 PM -   #227 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Also the bleed can be reduced by turning the white highlight down to 89~93.
awesome to know, we were going to play with it tomorrow.

It's 10:30pm and our shift finished 2 hours early thanks to OPW.

Old March 28th, 2015 Mar 28, 2015 4:49:00 AM -   #228 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefox2118
awesome to know, we were going to play with it tomorrow.

It's 10:30pm and our shift finished 2 hours early thanks to OPW.
By AA tests FB universal PT reacts with ink faster than IA. We love stain free too.= less bleeding.
Cheers! PTs are on me always.

Old March 28th, 2015 Mar 28, 2015 8:40:33 AM -   #229 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

i've been messing with the one pass settings trying to come up with a useable hi-res version. so far, i'm just getting over saturation and bleeding in some areas. a stroke of negative space would help, but doesn't fix the saturation. one pass works beautifully for some designs, but not others. if i can get the colors correctly in the hi-res mode, it should work for just about everything. the hi-res version about doubles the print time compared to the basic production one pass mode. but it's still faster than my hybrid hi-res 2 pass that i've been using.

for my last job, i had too much striping in my light blue areas. the same design printed AMAZING in the 2-pass. so my recommendation is to print the first shirt in one pass. if you like it, then run the job and save a bunch of time. it's not a cure-all, but it will help with some designs. also, i'm not sure if a pressurized system would make a difference. maybe it would be able to keep up with cmyk demand better than the 4880?

i've been using IA Ultra, but i'll be trying some FBX-100 next week.

Old April 17th, 2015 Apr 17, 2015 1:18:10 PM -   #230 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
i've been messing with the one pass settings trying to come up with a useable hi-res version. so far, i'm just getting over saturation and bleeding in some areas. a stroke of negative space would help, but doesn't fix the saturation. one pass works beautifully for some designs, but not others. if i can get the colors correctly in the hi-res mode, it should work for just about everything. the hi-res version about doubles the print time compared to the basic production one pass mode. but it's still faster than my hybrid hi-res 2 pass that i've been using.

for my last job, i had too much striping in my light blue areas. the same design printed AMAZING in the 2-pass. so my recommendation is to print the first shirt in one pass. if you like it, then run the job and save a bunch of time. it's not a cure-all, but it will help with some designs. also, i'm not sure if a pressurized system would make a difference. maybe it would be able to keep up with cmyk demand better than the 4880?
i've been using IA Ultra, but i'll be trying some FBX-100 next week.
Sean, any test? OnePass and FB100?
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old April 17th, 2015 Apr 17, 2015 2:43:17 PM -   #231 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

my FBX-100 comes tomorrow. i wanted to use up my IA Ultra first. so far, i haven't been able to get too many designs to not bleed. i'm hoping that FBX-100 will help with the bleeding, but my main concern is the 720x720 cmyk pass. i just don't like the output as well as a hi-res print. i'll report back once i get a chance to test.

Old April 17th, 2015 Apr 17, 2015 6:37:23 PM -   #232 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

I don't think one pass will ever look as good as high res 2 pass if put side by side. But quite sellable on lots of art. Some art just doesn't lend itself to one pass, chemistry, wet on wet is tough. An examble of what does not work as well would be solid colors with white touching. This is where dialing back the white highlights are important. It may require a large reduction. If printing a small area the printhead has little travel time between passes and can present a challange. Say a left breast over pocket type. Try turning the shirt around to the opposite side. Forcing the printhead to travel the distance to the art then the capping station side. The 4880 head will travel only as far as needed to print but will always return to the capping station side between passes. Yes this will increase your print time to that of a larger print. But it helps in some situations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
23spiderman (April 17th, 2015), twistinthewick (April 17th, 2015)
Old April 18th, 2015 Apr 18, 2015 2:21:00 AM -   #233 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John

You're right Randy, one pass won't suit all artwork or requirements but will work great on others.

One pass has been around for many years. I recall seeing it demo'd on a DTG printer - the K3 One Pass Fast. It was very impressive to see and of course the artwork being used was chosen as it suited the process.

I'm delighted it's available on the NeoFlex as I know many of the designs we print will work with it The time saved means more time to create sequin patterns for our other AA machine

Angie's been busy creating and 'printing' sequin patterns to display on a large black sheet - it looks amazing and always gets comments. When it's finished, I get a picture and post.

This is a discussion about NEOFLEX one pass printing that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in