How to Clean an Epson Print Head - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

How to Clean an Epson Print Head

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 25th, 2013 Mar 25, 2013 6:33:20 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to Clean an Epson Print Head

Some images of the internals of the DX5.

Disregard the damage.

Last edited by NZACO; August 6th, 2018 at 05:55 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZACO For This Useful Post:
CheerSounds (March 16th, 2015), spiderx1 (April 3rd, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2013 Apr 2, 2013 5:39:34 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Do people have information about the new

Epson Thin Film Micro Piezo (TFP) print head?

Old April 2nd, 2013 Apr 2, 2013 6:42:18 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: bolle

Hi.. good work..

I would like to add... spikes can be cleaned with regular pin... gently of course...

But, about your pulling technique.. I have had always worse results that way...I'm pushing cleaning solution trough head.. and works... And, we use only distilled water, no other chemicals... 2 years since last problem with print heads....

Also I can confirm that ultra sonic cleaning is not giving good enough results.
I would like to add also.. if you let your white ink to sit too long.. don't mix it after.. once white ink is dissolved it can not be unified again!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bolle For This Useful Post:
allamerican (April 2nd, 2013)

Old April 2nd, 2013 Apr 2, 2013 10:17:01 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolle
Hi.. good work..

I would like to add... spikes can be cleaned with regular pin... gently of course...

But, about your pulling technique.. I have had always worse results that way...I'm pushing cleaning solution trough head.. and works... And, we use only distilled water, no other chemicals... 2 years since last problem with print heads....

Also I can confirm that ultra sonic cleaning is not giving good enough results.
I would like to add also.. if you let your white ink to sit too long.. don't mix it after.. once white ink is dissolved it can not be unified again!!!
Thank you for your input on head cleaning to NeoFamily. Whatever works stick with it is my voice whole time.
However, we can think this way too. When particle builds up behind nozzle hole pushing method can put more particle into tiny nozzles. Reverse will take particle out through larger hole. Actually this is thousand times bigger tunnel. Randy's soaking stands for particle break down time. It will be easier to take out reverse way and no chance to clog more on clogged nozzle. No danger to damage seals.
Since you are water user, use warm water will be a greater help.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
spiderx1 (April 3rd, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013 Apr 3, 2013 12:20:05 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes, I know it defies logic, but sometimes I have had feeling that our printer watching me while I was cleaning and laughs at my pain.

PS:
-It happened a lot of times... drop of liquid went to flat cable contacts, cable is burnt... you need to replace... NOT...
-Take glass fibre pen eraser () clean burnt edges, align with scissors if needed and "voila"...!

EricDeem (April 3rd, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013 Apr 3, 2013 5:50:59 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Yes, I know it defies logic, but sometimes I have had feeling that our printer watching me while I was cleaning and laughs at my pain.

PS:
-It happened a lot of times... drop of liquid went to flat cable contacts, cable is burnt... you need to replace... NOT...
-Take glass fibre pen eraser () clean burnt edges, align with scissors if needed and "voila"...!
We don't want to underplay the seriousness of not getting the cables wet! It can very easily wipe out the motherboard or Printhead as well. Trying to repair the ribbon cable can be risky. Now you think it's good or at least good enough to try, really all you do is give it a second shot at frying the board(s).
While this may work sometimes I am not sure it's worth the 35$ it cost for a new set of cables. 35$vs500$plus! JMHO, thanks for the tip, one thing that gets overlooked often is the tab that is attached to the ribbon cable on the opposite side of the silver contacts. They tend to fall off, a lot, do not attempt to use a cable without a tab! This will cause a serious short.

Old April 3rd, 2013 Apr 3, 2013 6:05:05 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok, let me correct myself... Any of my advice are a bit risky, and if anyone want to try them, THINK TWICE, you are doing it on your own risk, it may damage your printer. If you are not in a hurry and can afford new original part, DO IT....

spiderx1 (April 3rd, 2013)
Old April 3rd, 2013 Apr 3, 2013 6:15:37 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Ok, let me correct myself... Any of my advice are a bit risky, and if anyone want to try them, THINK TWICE, you are doing it on your own risk, it may damage your printer. If you are not in a hurry and can afford new original part, DO IT....
Hey, I have gone so far as to cutoff the end with a paper cutter then scrap the covering off with a razor blade to expose the silver to make new contacts, worked, ONCE, I needed to reverse some connections on a diy project. So I get your point and it is a great tip, just caution is suggested as you stated. Everything is risk vs reward.

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
bolle (April 3rd, 2013)
Old September 19th, 2013 Sep 19, 2013 1:43:28 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: george

Can I use Simple Green® All-Purpose Cleaner instead of Windex?
Thank you!

Old December 15th, 2014 Dec 15, 2014 3:55:43 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I know this be an ancient thread (so last year). But am trying out the method tonight on one slightly clogged printhead.

Thank you for posting the process, mine is coming along well. More debris than expected in the solution. Am pulling warmed solution up through the prongs/spikes every 2 hours for 6 hours, and did one light waterfall. All nozzles seem to be falling freely.

I made one modification: I cut 8x 1" pcs of clear tubing and melted the ends shut to place snug on the prongs. To prevent air from possibly drying any residue ink on the inside of the prongs..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141215_162328.jpg (2.16 MB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 20141215_162339.jpg (1.94 MB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 20141215_162351.jpg (2.04 MB, 93 views)

Old December 15th, 2014 Dec 15, 2014 7:42:45 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Good idea, keeping the spike holes from drying out is important. Thanks for your techniques

Old December 27th, 2016 Dec 27, 2016 6:44:26 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Alis

First let me say thank you for the print head cleaning doc. I'm a diy person and this is great. Could someone help me in finding a doc that tells me how to remove the print head? I have an Epson SureColor F2000. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

This is a discussion about How to Clean an Epson Print Head that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in