T-Shirt Forums banner

Can't Raise Right Lever!

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Stitch-Up 
#1 ·
I changed the entire capping station on my NeoFlex today and started doing a Powerclean to bring the inks through, when prompted to raise the levers, the left lever was no problem but the right lever is stuck solid :(

I've probably upset something although I only removed the backplate and didn't touch anything connected to the lever or cartridge mechanism! I removed the backplate again but the lever still wouldn't raise :(

Anyone got any tips?

Cheers

john

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Peter,

I suspected something might have dropped into the mechanism but I don't think that was the case.

Problem resolved now, no force required, it just decided to work again!

So, besides the capping station I also changed the drain, the print head housing, top and bottom (stripped the plastic threads ages ago) together with the little butterfly foam pads that sit each side of the printhead.

All gleaming like new now :)

All back together now and will check it out tomorrow. Think I'll have to check the ribbon connections to the head as I was getting some strange print results. Gonna have a Guinness.

#4 ·
I changed the entire capping station on my NeoFlex today and started doing a Powerclean to bring the inks through, when prompted to raise the levers, the left lever was no problem but the right lever is stuck solid :(

I've probably upset something although I only removed the backplate and didn't touch anything connected to the lever or cartridge mechanism! I removed the backplate again but the lever still wouldn't raise :(

Anyone got any tips?

Cheers

john
John,

If you removed the cover plate that covers the ink carts that plate supports the levers, it may not be in the proper place. check before its to late. good Luck

Mike;)

#5 ·
I also have had the printer not allow me to lift or lower one of the levers before... tho I can't remember which it was. It happened during a power clean too. I shut down the printer and restarted everything and it eventually "unlocked" the lever. It was quite odd.

#6 ·
Having carefully replaced all the parts and brought the inks through with a powerclean I decided to to do a nozzle check and this was the result! Where did that magenta come from!

Strange and I'm to tired to investigate this just now. Suffice to say all the ink lines are correctly attached.

Anyone?

#8 ·
John, my wife is landing at LHR about now. I told her if she gets thrown in jail to call you! LOL. Wish I was there as well I could help you drink that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Reactions: allamerican-aeoon
#9 ·
Hope she arrived safely Randy, the sun is shining at Heathrow :)

I've managed to solve the issues above:

1. The reason the ink lever wouldn't raise was indeed due to a small bolt wedged in the mechanism!

2. The weird nozzle check was due to the ribbon connecting to the print head pulling loose.

Both problems were easily rectified and my Neo is as good as new :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.