Power cleaning every 5 printings - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

Power cleaning every 5 printings

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 4:36:14 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Power cleaning every 5 printings

I' wasting too many hooded sweatshirts! I had to print 100 black one with design only on the back but full of white ink. Unfortunately, every 5 printings, if I don't do a power cleaning, I obtain an awful result. Is it normal?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using T-Shirt Forums

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 4:46:19 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Default Re: Power cleaning every 5 printings

Nope, no normal at all. Something is wrong there. Explain us better and more.
You mean losing nozzles? As you mention in another post today, are you using DuPont or OEM? Was it like that before or just start?
Cheers! We here to help Family.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
foopep (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 8:34:54 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

i haven't done a power clean since i first purchased my printer; about 1 1/2 years ago. there is no need to do a power clean unless your removing ALL ink, or installing ALL ink. even then, it's easier and less wasteful to just use a syringe.

Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 9:15:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Peter, I'm using Dupont inks. I mean that, every 5 prints on black sweatshirts, I obtain faded colours: white becomes grey, red becomes almost pink and so on. Maybe I have to clean something, don't I?

Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 9:21:22 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

When was the last time you changed out your dampers? They might be clogged and that is leading to ink starvation. The power cleaning will just prime the dampers enough to get you some good prints, but it will slow down after a while because the ink delivery system is gravity feed and the dampers are preventing the ink from flowing freely. That is what I would check first.

Best wishes,

Mark

The Following User Says Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
foopep (January 26th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 9:35:28 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Change damper which can block ink flow. This case all nozzle are good. First step.
Ink starvation is very rare on 4880 base printer.
Let us know
Cheers to NeoItalian! We need someone good in Italy because Proel closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
foopep (January 26th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 11:30:29 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
i haven't done a power clean since i first purchased my printer; about 1 1/2 years ago. there is no need to do a power clean unless your removing ALL ink, or installing ALL ink. even then, it's easier and less wasteful to just use a syringe.
That is impressive. You must have a constant stream of work for your Neoflex. Unless you run the machine all day every day, I don't see how this is possible. We have had our machine about 1 year and have done countless regular power cleanings just to keep this thing healthy. Believe me, I wish we didn't have to waste gallons of ink. What are we doing wrong? I know if we had more work for the Neoflex it would help. We are working on that. Our humidity and temperature levels are controlled as well.

Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 5:22:36 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

print two a day and keep the power cleans away.

The Following User Says Thank You to g.lupo For This Useful Post:
spiderx1 (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 24th, 2013 Jan 24, 2013 6:52:57 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFry
That is impressive. You must have a constant stream of work for your Neoflex. Unless you run the machine all day every day, I don't see how this is possible. We have had our machine about 1 year and have done countless regular power cleanings just to keep this thing healthy. Believe me, I wish we didn't have to waste gallons of ink. What are we doing wrong? I know if we had more work for the Neoflex it would help. We are working on that. Our humidity and temperature levels are controlled as well.
when i have white ink in my printer i set the auto-maintenance to 6 hours. when i just have CMYK in the printer, i set the auto-maintenance to 12 hours. before i start printing, i print a nozzle check to ensure all is well, and it almost always is. i've had my printer sit idle over the weekend and be perfect on Monday. occasionally head cleanings are needed, but not the power clean. it just wastes too much ink!

Old January 25th, 2013 Jan 25, 2013 3:08:09 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
when i have white ink in my printer i set the auto-maintenance to 6 hours. when i just have CMYK in the printer, i set the auto-maintenance to 12 hours. before i start printing, i print a nozzle check to ensure all is well, and it almost always is. i've had my printer sit idle over the weekend and be perfect on Monday. occasionally head cleanings are needed, but not the power clean. it just wastes too much ink!
Wow. If I did that I may have all of my nozzles firing but the white ink would get progressively thinner as time goes on. It usually takes a power cleaning to bring all of my white channels to a strong bright white nozzle check. I guess I will make sure we are printing 2 a day. Thanks for the info.

Old January 26th, 2013 Jan 26, 2013 12:46:54 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I've tried a nozzle check. Colours are ok but white is a washout. As Mark and Peter have suggested, sure it depends on dampers, considering that I'm doing so many power cleaning. How many dampers I have to buy? Is there a damper for each colour? How much difficult is changing dampers on one's own?

Old January 26th, 2013 Jan 26, 2013 3:06:43 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John

Quote:
Originally Posted by foopep
I've tried a nozzle check. Colours are ok but white is a washout.
I haven't read the entire thread so excuse me if I'm repeating what has already been said!

When I start printing after a day or so of the Neo standing idle, the white ink always appears washed out/watery. In order to overcome this, before printing I always give the white ink carts a shake and also flick the ink tubes several times along their length. After doing that, I'll use an old scrap shirt and print a few blocks of solid white ink and watch as the opacity of the white changes from washed out/watery to a good bright solid cover. I use Printer Jockey do do this.

Quote:
How many dampers I have to buy? Is there a damper for each colour?
The NeoFlex uses 8 ink channels and therefore has 8 dampers - one for each channel. In your configuration (and mine), you have 4 dampers for the colours - one for each colour and 4 dampers for the white - one for each of the white lines.

If your colours are working okay, then you only need to consider replacing the white ink dampers, a maximum of four.

Quote:
How much difficult is changing dampers on one's own?
Easy when you know how. I think you might find Youtube videos showing the process. I made this video a couple of years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDhFt5cL30

Hope that helps.

John

Old January 26th, 2013 Jan 26, 2013 5:53:02 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you very much John. Your video will be very helpful in case I decide to change dampers. In the meanwhile I've tried to clean the printhead, to uncork the holes and to suck air from dampers.
Actually there was a lot of air in one (white) damper and some hole was clogged.
Now I'm trying to print but white is worst the before. Now is quite grey. Maybe it's normal after the operation I've done. What do you think?

Old January 26th, 2013 Jan 26, 2013 6:04:42 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Thank you very much John. Your video will be very helpful in case I decide to change dampers. In the meanwhile I've tried to clean the printhead, to uncork the holes and to suck air from dampers.
Actually there was a lot of air in one (white) damper and some hole was clogged.
Now I'm trying to print but white is worst the before. Now is quite grey. Maybe it's normal after the operation I've done. What do you think?
Not incase, you have to change them. Your waste is too much and quality of print is not prime.
Salute! Health, Money and love.

Old January 26th, 2013 Jan 26, 2013 7:02:27 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I know Peter, but it takes about a week to receive new dampers from USA. I have to find a solution for the meanwhile...

This is a discussion about Power cleaning every 5 printings that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in