Inksoft or Deco network? Will it help? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

Inksoft or Deco network? Will it help?

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 11:39:10 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Inksoft or Deco network? Will it help?

The activation fee inksoft charges is literally for nothing. It just gets you in the door to start paying monthly payments and using it. I think the pay per month is enough. I would actually sign up today if they told me I didn't have to pay for the activation fee. I am just liking inksoft more than deco for one reason... I can move the designs around and resize them with my finger on the shirt layout when using tablets/phones. Deco you need to zoom in and click on small move arrows and stuff so it is just more difficult. Either way I think deconetworks pricing is way more affordable. I was told they are revamping their design tool now which should be done in a month or two. I might sign up now to get started, but I hope that is true.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 11:51:55 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Antony
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wait until you actually see Deco do the things they say they are doing. It's been months since version 7 was supposed to be released (at least that's what I was told when we tried it again). It is a huge disappointment and wastes a lot of time.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 12:03:31 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ruben
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Is not going to take long to the final release, I'm in beta and is looking good, V7 main new features realese will be in the back end, they are doing a mayor restructuring, if you like the pricing now, you will like it even better later, after this realese they will start working in a mayor make over in the front end and designer, it will take a month or two? This is wishful thinking, I think it more than that, but it will happen.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 12:27:24 PM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yea currently I have other issues with it. The templates are pretty bad looking and the "decoration area" of the shirts is non editable from what I can see and it is too small and positioned too low on the shirt. I print DTG up to 16x18 and I need to offer that. Maybe this is all customizable by altering the code that they give access to, but I do not know code and I don't plan on learning it to be able to use deco. Plus, every time I call for info there is no real excitement on selling me the product or giving me any insight as to why I should join. They just answer my questions and thats it. Also I asked if there will be an update to the design tool so that it has the ability to move and resize the image with the finger on android and apple tablets/phones and they basically said no. I think that is a major issue and also the "make transparent" option for backgrounds is useless. It doesnt even work ... at least give a dropper to pick the color of the actual background in the design and then actually make it transparent with a soft edge. I know this isnt photoshop but what is the use in allowing the average joe to upload a design if it is going to have a square box around it. This is also something inksoft hasn't added yet. I am not sure who the genius is who created the design tool for custom ink but it is darn simple to use and when I upload a design the first thing it does is ask me what color ink to print or what color background to remove.. then it asks if I want to convert the design to 1 color (which is great for screen printers) and after that it actually removes the background fairly cleanly. Even if it isn't removing it clean enough at least the customer can see how it will actually look on a shirt and be satisfied enough to place the order and then they can still send the orginal file and I can do it myself in PS for a cleaner print.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 12:41:14 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

inksoft is looking more and more enticing... but I think their new HTML5 template is just one template and can't be altered yet.. anyone know that to be true? I really am wanting to drive smaller online orders as I feel it would be a great asset to my DTG printing business. Thinking about getting a designer up on the site with ecommerce and starting to do some serious SEO and marketing to keep it busy. Anyone doing well with a similar business model?

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 12:50:48 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Most of all the items you mentioned here can be done in Deconetwork, it does support transparency, you can make your own custom decoration areas in any dimension and position against the garment, you can add multiple decoration areas and set a price for each one, the only thing they are lacking is the dynamic response aspect so you can use it as you want with your fingers on a phone or tablet, but is coming.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 1:12:12 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can check some the new features coming in V7 here, https://www.facebook.com/DecoNetwork

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:11:51 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I guess my concern is how simple is it to alter these things? Like the custom decoration area and stuff. If it is going to take knowledge of CSS and HTML then its not for me. I am used to designing with wix.com which is user friendly and I don't need to be a web developer to use it. Also, the basic templates for Deco aren't really very nice looking. Inksoft's new HTML5 template that I was referring to is actually very nice, I just would like to be able to swap out photos fonts, backgrounds... and I was told it isn't editable at this time.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:14:08 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I guess I shouldn't say they arent nice looking.. there is one that it looks like most people are using which is a nice template.... this one:
Home - Paradox Screen Printing

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:25:43 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You set decoration areas within Deconetwork, if you need more advanced custom decoration areas you do them with Coreldraw or Photoshop, you don't need css or html knowledge for this, css and html is for cosmetic looks in the Website, I myself didn't know nothing about this stuff too, zero... And now I customized my website my self with css, is actually very easy to do, there are training videos that teach you how to do it, when you get the how is been done nothing can stop you ☺, but this is not a requirement, I believe Deconetwork is going to offer trials, something they didn't do before, call them and try it yourself.

Last edited by tshirtsrus; August 5th, 2014 at 09:48 PM..

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:49:11 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I figure they would mention that when I spoke with them since they knew I was interested in it. They didn't have a whole lot to say to me. Just didn't get a great vibe when I called yesterday or today. I guess I can't speak on a lot of their stuff though since I don't know how to use it. Currently I signed up for a free demo site which doesn't actually work as ecommerce but more of a catalog. Is that what you mean? I will play around with it more and try watching the deco coach videos to figure out some stuff I am missing. I will also check out the v7 beta.
How/where is it that I adjust the print size/area location box

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 2:59:44 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

No, with the catalogs you can't customized anything, reps can't say much right now since they are not ready yet, all this is about to come, as right now you can subscribe to they current plans and ask them to set you in the beta program, but you would have to commit with the monthly payment, there are no contracts so you can get out any time you want, other wise you would have to wait until they realese V7 and make the trial available.

Last edited by tshirtsrus; August 5th, 2014 at 09:49 PM..

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 3:27:43 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brenden
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbapparel
Wait until you actually see Deco do the things they say they are doing. It's been months since version 7 was supposed to be released (at least that's what I was told when we tried it again). It is a huge disappointment and wastes a lot of time.

Hi hbapparel,

Just to confirm version 7 is actually not delayed. We announced it was coming months back because our community members wanted to know early what was coming. Normally we hold off announcements until we are ready for release, but we wanted a more open version 7 release.

But in terms of its general public release we're on track. Version 7 is available now to any existing customers as part of our open beta program.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 3:36:49 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Brenden,

feel free to correct any information that I may have provided it incorrectly, I did my best but I may have misunderstood something, I think not, but I may have.

The Following User Says Thank You to tshirtsrus For This Useful Post:
brenden (August 5th, 2014)
Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 3:38:38 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brenden
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgurren
How/where is it that I adjust the print size/area location box

Hi there,

DecoNetwork Catalog is a free version of DecoNetwork which is, as you said, a Catalog site. Designed for people who really want a site for their customers see what catalog products they offer from suppliers like SanMar, S&S, Alphabroder, etc.

From version 7 you can upgrade to eCommerce levels as well.

To adjust the decoration area and sizes:

1. Log into your DecoNetwork Catalog site

2. Browse to Settings > Decoration Areas

3. Select 'Edit' next to the product group you want to modify like Adult Tops, Youth Tops, etc.

4. In this screen you can turn off areas, change their size and select what decoration areas are supported for this area.

Hope this helps!

Brenden
Attached Images
File Type: png catalog-001.png (14.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png catalog-002.png (86.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png catalog-003.png (99.4 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by brenden; August 5th, 2014 at 03:45 PM..

This is a discussion about Inksoft or Deco network? Will it help? that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in