Neoflex One Hour Production Cycle - Nonstop Printing - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

Neoflex One Hour Production Cycle - Nonstop Printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 6:56:45 AM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: NeoBen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Neoflex One Hour Production Cycle - Nonstop Printing

We are printing 90% color/black t-shirt and 10% white

We print around 100 t-shirt by day (8h) in 12''x 16'' by Neoflex. When we do 16'' x 20'' we print way less t-shirt a day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nymex For This Useful Post:
klwalsh611 (August 14th, 2012), stevegamble (August 14th, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 9:11:40 AM -   #77 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

[QUOTE=stevegamble;1146614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
If you put a chart together, let me know! I would love to post the information on my site.

The problem with trying to pin down specific pretreatment settings is that they will vary slightly for a number of reasons:

1. Different air compressors could produce varying amounts of pressure, causing different volumes of spray to be produced between one shop setup and another. The size and quality of the air compressor (as well as the actual regulator that displays the PSI) could affect how accurate it reads, and even a slight variation could cause you to alter your settings.

EVERYONE , should have a low cost regulator(home depot) screw it on the end of the hose and attatch a 4 foot hose then to the pretreat. Are you talking about attaching to the Wagner? A regular air compressor has a regulator on it already.
Set the regulator to the specs given by AA Neo and company and Always get accurate pretreat.

As everyone will stress that pretreat is Very important to get good washability.

Just had to toss that in as I didn't see it mentioned.
appologies if it was.

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 9:32:53 AM -   #78 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

A regular air compressor has a "regulator" that regulates when to compress air and when to stop compressing air..
it kicks in at whatever psi and kicks out at (again depends on model) 110 to 175psi depending on how industrial and how you set it.
Mine is a 7hp 2 cylinder, 240V and I set it to at 95psi.

The tank usually has a blow out valve that blows at 125psi.
In case your reg fails, you don't have an explosion.

What I am referring to is what say an Automotive painter would use on his paint gun. (before the HVLP)

A regulator that regulates the max pressure that will come past the regulator.
Usually 16 to 20 psi.
You can set these to whatever 45psi and even though the compressor is at 110 psi , the amount of pressure coming through the Viper or Lawsons pretreat spray nozzle is 45psi.
Consistant..

for consistant spray.

These type regulator are not expensive and install in minutes by anyone (my wife).

The Following User Says Thank You to stevegamble For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 14th, 2012)

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 10:41:19 AM -   #79 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Unfortunately there is still another variable that is rarely discussed, and yet very important to the pretreat process: I am referring to the pretreat mixture, itself. Even if you could get the exact same pressure across the board, and you could maintain it with little deviation over time, you would still have to contend with different batches of pretreat that arrive with different strength mixtures; some suppliers provide the PT chemical in a "concentrated" form, requiring the end user to mix it with distilled water to achieve the correct dilution - others choose to mix their pretreat in-house, so you simply load it up and start spraying when you receive it. Either way, this is typically not an exact science and the spec tolerance of the mixture is probably not carefully controlled. How do we know this? Because since the very beginning of white ink printing, there have been inconsistencies in the strength of the pretreat fluid itself, causing us to make minor adjustments from time to time in our shop.

EXAMPLE: We received two new containers of PT last week - we had been in the middle of a long production run for quite some time, using our PHA451 ring spun shirts (which typically use 5 turns of the ViperONE to get great results). After loading the machine with the new batch of PT we received, we needed to make a half-turn adjustment to the ViperONE to achieve the same results we had been getting. It was only at that time did it actually hit me, and I realized I didn't even mention this possible variable in my last couple of write-ups!

PS - I know I owe everybody a quick video showing the foil and bling being applied to those shirts, but things have been crazy and I have barely had a chance to take a breath.... I'll try to get that uploaded in the next day or so!

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
stevegamble (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 10:46:53 AM -   #80 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Karen

Justin - I'm a newbie (just got my neoflex and viper one from AA last week) and I'd like to ask for a little detail on your comment (we needed to make a half-turn adjustment... to get great results) - what prompted you to make an adjustment and was it more or less pretreat? I'm trying to learn to diagnose a problem based upon symptoms to make the appropriate correction without having to go thru the trials and tribulations myself since pioneers such as yourself have already paved the way...(in other words, I'm a Cliff Notes kinda gal!) TIA!

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 11:08:57 AM -   #81 (permalink)
VTG
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
EXAMPLE: We received two new containers of PT last week - we had been in the middle of a long production run for quite some time, using our PHA451 ring spun shirts (which typically use 5 turns of the ViperONE to get great results). After loading the machine with the new batch of PT we received, we needed to make a half-turn adjustment to the ViperONE to achieve the same results we had been getting.
Justin,

2 quick questions:

1) What brand of PT are you referencing ... AA NeoTex PT?

2) 5 turns of the ViperOne seems so low ... are you laying the PT down once (1x) or twice (2x) on the same shirt?

Just curious.

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 11:42:18 AM -   #82 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwalsh611
Justin - I'm a newbie (just got my neoflex and viper one from AA last week) and I'd like to ask for a little detail on your comment (we needed to make a half-turn adjustment... to get great results) - what prompted you to make an adjustment and was it more or less pretreat? I'm trying to learn to diagnose a problem based upon symptoms to make the appropriate correction without having to go thru the trials and tribulations myself since pioneers such as yourself have already paved the way...(in other words, I'm a Cliff Notes kinda gal!) TIA!
If I recall correctly, the more times you turn the dial the LESS pretreatment you are applying to the garment...... We adjusted from 5 turns to 4.5 turns when we received the new batch of PT fluid (this means we slightly increased the amount of fluid we were spraying) after noticing that the print just didn't look solid enough on the shirt. If the white ink is splotchy or patchy, that generally indicates the need for slightly more PT fluid.

MediumPace (August 15th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 11:48:27 AM -   #83 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTG
Justin,

2 quick questions:

1) What brand of PT are you referencing ... AA NeoTex PT?

2) 5 turns of the ViperOne seems so low ... are you laying the PT down once (1x) or twice (2x) on the same shirt?

Just curious.
1. We are using the AA NeoTex PT (Dupont brand pretreat fluid) - we do not dilute for black / dark garments.

2. 5 turns of the ViperONE is indeed very low - this setting does not work with MOST brands of garments out there, but the PHA451 tees that we use do not require much pretreatment to achieve the best possible print results (they are designed this way - we save a lot of PT on these shirts). We are only using ONE spray at that setting! However, as mentioned, that is just about the limit for a single spray on a dark garment - even with the awesome shirts we use, we still had to raise the level to 4.5 due to the different batch of PT we received.

As a point of comparison, I believe we use 4 turns and TWO sprays on most standard cotton shirts (Anvil 979 / Gildan 2000 / Hanes 5250).

VTG (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 12:00:36 PM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

At the price of pretreat, I would think(hope) it would be a pretty accuratley controlled mix. ?
That plin sucks if it isn't ?

Now we'll all (some of us)search for the best pretreat in terms of consistant, quaity control.

Of course I am still torn between Epson / Dupont marriage vs Brother / Brother marriage.
simplicity, speed, easy conveyor cure.. vs.. Flat out Better prints.
the beat goes on...

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 12:11:42 PM -   #85 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegamble
At the price of pretreat, I would think(hope) it would be a pretty accuratley controlled mix. ?
That plin sucks if it isn't ?

Now we'll all (some of us)search for the best pretreat in terms of consistant, quaity control.

Of course I am still torn between Epson / Dupont marriage vs Brother / Brother marriage.
simplicity, speed, easy conveyor cure.. vs.. Flat out Better prints.
the beat goes on...
While I agree that consistency is definitely important, I'll take my phenomenal prints with a little bit of subjective skill applied to the process, versus being consistently moderate "out of the box", any day of the week. But to each their own!

23spiderman (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 12:22:23 PM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I agree one way is the easy road to moderate.
A good description, but if we have newbies operating in a retail store.
I won't always have the luxury of a skilled DTG technician prnting for profit.

Artist vs guy who paints houses.?
Both can make a dollar and can feel good about their perspective jobs.
Obviosly the successful artist will Feel the Fame a little more..;>)

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 5:43:02 PM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Which print do you choose as being impressive, or both is fine too.

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 6:18:35 PM -   #88 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Think about you are the artist who draw burning guitar. Easy way to find the answer to yourself. Do I want to sell NeoFlex to you? Not despertly but your call not mine. I was once though, lol.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; August 14th, 2012 at 06:28 PM..

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 6:29:47 PM -   #89 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I gotta say this one hour production was nice and was encouraging as it looked to be smooth flow of production, with me concerned with curing, an the curing press out of the camera.. just my luck.

As I get busier I could buy 2 neo's, but multiple presses tossing heat in my room..dries out the room too,, then I crank up the A/C , and that dries out air too, then add a humidifier..arg..
ok.
Gotta consider inks that cure easier in a sealed cabinet, vented outside,
But, their is not much feedback on people doing this.

Hix verticure , Lawsons digi dri box @120V, AA Sahara 6, what kind of production would they offer in combo with dupont inks.?

Most look at printer prodution, I am looking at curing production. Room comfort etc..

Old August 14th, 2012 Aug 14, 2012 6:48:55 PM -   #90 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Sahara 6 Drawers has been fired up for 2 days 10hr/day. So far so good I am not saying this to targeting Steve. Multi printer owner's good choice is this concept. Over kill to one printer owner. Space, heat up place, Generous on timing little late will not hurt, never scorch, screen print look(I don't know it is good or bad but I like what we are doing now with heat transfer leave little space between, some do not like but well I like coke someone like Pepsi). It took AA more than year to make this unit. Two failures happened. Start all over again and again. First test unit cost R&D was tons. I could buy doz of them by list price. lol. You still need heat press for pretreat.
Cheers! Beers are on me at Long Beach. Come to see me please.
Anyway we will start to bring this unit to the shows soon. If test results meets AA standard.

Last edited by allamerican; August 14th, 2012 at 07:02 PM..

This is a discussion about Neoflex One Hour Production Cycle - Nonstop Printing that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in