need help in making a decision with direct to garment printers - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > NeoFlex
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future NeoFlex DTG owners.

need help in making a decision with direct to garment printers

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2010 Apr 20, 2010 10:50:27 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: need help in making a decision with direct to garment printers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
maybe we need multiple language forums since certain words do not translate exactly.
Untill then, If you are posting here to SELL something especially, GET someone who can communicate accurately or suffer the sales consequences. If we can't speak BEFORE the sale, how do we expect to handle service AFTER the sale ? Consider the old adage , first impression is often the last impression. Would you post a 1/2 done design and ask feedback?
If you make a $20,000+ purchase decision based on someone's grammatical context on a casual internet forum (for goodness sake they are discussing beer and bourbon on an open forum - can't you tell this is supposed to be fun?), then I guess you will get whatever the smoothest salesman is selling, today - whoever speaks most eloquently will win your business, eh?

I don't believe in that "first impression / last impression" crap, when applying it to making a purchase of this magnitude; rather, I apply a "I will dig and search and evaluate thoroughly until I find the best printer (not the best salesman, or the best company rep) for my business" mentality. Maybe it would apply for customers, who have a million choices for great print shops out there, but when it comes to such a vital piece of equipment like a DTG printer, your choices are very limited and it is a good idea not to "automatically rule a machine out" because you don't like the way someone types.

Just my .02.......

PS - When I began my search for my first digital printer, several years ago, I began interacting with Peter on another forum; his English was even rougher, back then, but I've seen huge improvements over the years! Gotta admire a man for trying - I've done business in Mexico and its all I can do to try and keep up in Spanish.... I am sure a lot of my southern contact think I am an ignorant gringo, because I'm constantly struggling to keep up with conversations and choose the right words from a rather limited Spanish vocabulary...... I hope they wouldn't wholesale discount the idea of doing business with me, because of it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2010 Apr 20, 2010 12:26:21 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
If you make a $20,000+ purchase decision based on someone's grammatical context on a casual internet forum (for goodness sake they are discussing beer and bourbon on an open forum - can't you tell this is supposed to be fun?), then I guess you will get whatever the smoothest salesman is selling, today - whoever speaks most eloquently will win your business, eh?

I don't believe in that "first impression / last impression" crap, when applying it to making a purchase of this magnitude; rather, I apply a "I will dig and search and evaluate thoroughly until I find the best printer (not the best salesman, or the best company rep) for my business" mentality. Maybe it would apply for customers, who have a million choices for great print shops out there, but when it comes to such a vital piece of equipment like a DTG printer, your choices are very limited and it is a good idea not to "automatically rule a machine out" because you don't like the way someone types.

Just my .02.......
For me, typo's & grammar are not really the problem. I am actually Korean-American, and would LOVE to send business to a fellow Korean. However, I cannot in good conscience, regardless of how good their product is, due to fact that this person does nothing but bash their competitors products in an open forum @ every opportunity.

You may consider this a casual forum, but for those that are representing a company or product, I would expect a little professionalism from them.

My motto: Prove that you make a better product or service, instead of putting down the competitor...

Old April 20th, 2010 Apr 20, 2010 12:43:08 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

All the sudden this forum became a "Peter's English" thread.
I am truly sorry about my ability of English. But as Justin W says I try so hard to make my English better at my age (60). I have been criticized many times because of my English. Don (SWF) makes fun out of me time after time, maybe most (?). But it did not bother me at all because I know who I am and I know who he is.
I do understand the people's feeling who mentioned about my English. I trust/believe that they do not hate me because of my English ability. They just couldn't understand me well. They are frustrating. I have no hard feeling to all. I just want to be their friend.
AA does more business all over the world than USA domestic. I went almost 100 countries. My iPhone has so many different cities’ time(20) where I do business with. The reason I say this here is.
1. There are so many great people who do business well with inferior than Peter’s level English.
2. Export and Import price tag is extremely higher than NeoFlex retail but I have no issues at all with any language users with my English.
3. Many times I could not understand what other side telling me. I use my patient skill and ask again and again until we close the deal.
Then why I am so into this forum? I love to meet people. I love challenge. I met so many good friends from here. I cannot give up visit here, no matter what. I am not doing this just because of my job or money. I am semi retired. No one says what to do to me. Just doing it because I love you all.
I am happy man. God gave me more than I deserved.
I will be away for oversea show/vacation in China next 2 weeks. Show is only 3 days.
See you soon. Be well

Last edited by allamerican; April 20th, 2010 at 02:15 PM..

Old April 20th, 2010 Apr 20, 2010 2:13:44 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobay
However, I cannot in good conscience, regardless of how good their product is, due to fact that this person does nothing but bash their competitors products in an open forum @ every opportunity.
My motto: Prove that you make a better product or service, instead of putting down the competitor...
AMEN, brother! I feel the same way about bashing, but I feel that too often, people are scared out of talking about real issues with real products, because everyone hides behind a cloak of "playing nice, and no bashing". Obviously there needs to be a level of respect and professionalism; I won't argue with you there! I've been called a lot of names on some forums, over the years, that have nothing to do with the printing industry...... haha.

I hear you 100% on not wanting to watch dealers bash each other (or customers), on the internet forums or anywhere else; however, if we were to browse through just a few dozen threads, I am sure we could present a strong argument that Peter is by no means the greatest instigator, around here...... Like he said before: this IS the NeoFlex forum - I don't see him posting very much in other machines' forums?

Anyways, don't mean to hijack the thread! Back to your regularly scheduled discussion............ I just got a more shallow meaning out of what I read in your post, and I probably jumped to conclusions; I've seen some mean-spirited stuff said because of Peter's broken English, in the past, and I don't think that's fair; I always advocate applauding where it is deserved, and being direct about identifying issues or shortcomings where they may exist, but not picking on people. However, I understand what you are saying now, and I agree 100%!

Old May 31st, 2010 May 31, 2010 7:26:03 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

When AA offers 100% money back and 100% satisfaction what hold you back? Your search should end here. Next month we will have great package which can save tons on top of lowest price..

This is a discussion about need help in making a decision with direct to garment printers that was posted in the NeoFlex section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in